It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with "caved" language

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Maybe not caving but just a way to get people paid like the proposal that the democrats outright rejected. It’s only for three weeks,so really the only people who won this is the people who needed their paychecks.

The president had made a few offers that had benefits for many and they were all rejected BEFORE they were even read.
If this temporary situation is being considered a win then the 3year protection for the DACA should Have been at least something to think about .
Either way both sides are still not doing their job and they are playing games that affect the people of our country,games that are petty ,fighting each other just because they don’t agree 100 percent on things. We don’t need to agree 100 percent on everything, we need to be able to find that middle ground that is becoming more and more elusive.
We just need to say live and let live ,as long as nobody is getting hurt we ALL should be able to do what ever we want to do and live our lives the way we want to.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Of course he caved - what else can it be called? It's ridiculous to try and paint it any other way.

Unfortunately for Trump it is an inevitable consequence of his bull in a china shop negotiating strategy. That type of strategy gets results but when it doesn't work, you have nowhere left to go - you effectively paint yourself into a corner.

From an outsiders perspective, that's all this really is. It isn't Trump vs Pelosi or GOP vs Democrat, it's simply a predictable outcome from a negotiating tactic that has backfired this time.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Wouldn't giving up be considered caving?
He still wants the wall.
Three weeks from now we are right back in another shutdown.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I have no problems with Liberals, or Conservatives. They are peeps one can have a normal conversation with. It's the lefty/righty peeps that are insane. They did the same with Obama.

I've said the same thing forever. As a matter of fact, I hold that true liberals and conservatives need one another. Nobody can see the whole picture, and in the context of respectful dialog, we often help one another see our blind spots.

Sadly, the lables liberal and conservative have come to mean almost nothing. And democrat and rebpublican have come to mean less than nothing!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

In short, I'm disgusted with both wings of the media for being disparaging of Trump on what I think was a wise decision in this mess.

But, he did cave

He missed his opportunity to be wise on this one weeks ago

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Flavian

Wouldn't giving up be considered caving?
He still wants the wall.
Three weeks from now we are right back in another shutdown.

Amen. A three week truce that benefits the country is not the same as caving.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

A wise truce to a stupid battle.

Does your username mean miraculous breath?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Truce?

:-)

Naw man - he rolled over

We'll see how wise he's become in 3 weeks time. Bated breath here...while I wait

And no - the meaning is out there on the interwebs

edit on 1/26/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

In short, I'm disgusted with both wings of the media for being disparaging of Trump on what I think was a wise decision in this mess.

I'm on board with you on this one. The sobs from the far right that he is too weak and the cheers from the left over his weakness betray the ridged minds of those who push either of those agendas.

To be fair though, he did dig in his heals when Coulter and others blasted him earlier on this issue. He did try to prove he was the only power that mattered. He was wrong and maybe he knows that now. For the left to ''rub it in'' by calling him a caver is stupid to nth degree.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bring back Bill Clinton.

At least we had some wacky sex and cover-up murders in the news about the Hill, rather than government shutdown and egos and little-spoiled-child temper tantrums on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The alternative reality is strong in this thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The problem today is that compromising on something is looked upon as weakness...whereas it used to be a strongpoint....statesmanship. I think term limits are needed....we gotta unass thee fools who are putting lobyists interests ahead of the country. No way should a Pelosi or a Ryan be worth millions, AFTER, they are elected.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm glad the people are back to work. I don't really care if some say he caved are not. It really doesn't mean poop in the scheme of things when it comes to the games politicians play.

I wouldn't shut the government down again nor would I declare a state of emergency. I would, however, make sure that every penny they want for this next spending bill is for the United States citizen. Not one penny for any aid to any country. You don't want to take care of your own then you only get the bare minimin of what you want.

I did find it funny when Nancy said that her/their ideas were best for what would work on the border. Doesn't she know politicians don't have ideas that work? Been trying to fix this immigration problem for most of my lifetime and I'm no spring chicken.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

How about President Trump's favorite term, CHOKED... used to describe Mitt Romney?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
One thing I am not sure of is whether Congress has any remit to dictate the methods used to carry out the duites of the Executive Branch. I get that they are responsible for funding, but here they are saying, yes, you can have funds for border security, but this is the exact method for securing the border you can use and here are the methods you can't use. Seems odd.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Terrible to see him smeared like this. He did the right thing. Folks needed to eat and punishing every government employee isn't right either

Trump is POTUS, and those rooting against him are despicable.

Look on the bright side, with the arrogant left's reaction in public view their malicious intent is laid bare. Maybe it will show the fence sitters exactly what we are dealing with here.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Sums up those virulent fools perfectly.

What petty, pathetic, tiny people.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yet people are calling him a dictator or fascist? Which is it? Can't be both.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Trump is POTUS, and those rooting against him are despicable.

Are you saying you rooted for Obama. After all, he was POTUS.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Reality hurts sometimes. Oh and Trump did cave in a epic fashion, might be why there saying he caved.

Interesting how temporarily funding people hurting for 3 little weeks is seen as caving by some...

Let's wait and see what happens in a couple of weeks when it shuts back down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join