It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nathan Phillips, the Native American from the Covington Kids viral video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Do you know something? When people do that, if not invited on private property, they can be arrested by the police for trespassing, that happens sometimes too.

Or didn't you realize that?

In the great country of Texas they can be shot...hell they can be shot by the person's neighbor too. God I LOVE Freedom!!!

Are you advocating people who protest can be shot?

Bloody hell, i thought you left all that behind after the Kent State Massacre of 1970.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

a reply to: rickymouse

Americans like to harp on about their Freedom Of Speech and Right To Peaceful Protest.

Phillips is only doing what you regard as a cherished right is he not? So what's your problem?

What about the rights of the churchgoers to practice their religion without this jackass interrupting them?

So, if someone doesn't like what they do or say then they shouldn't be allowed to do it?

You either have the freedom of speech and protest, or you don't. So which is it ?

Can I come into your house uninvited and yell at you?

No?

what about freedom of speech?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

He can barely read english and he rambles on an on in his interviews or his speakings.

If you watch his last interview he clearly says he's a Vietnam times veteran, or something along those lines.
And in other videos he says he's a Vietnam veteran, he flip flops all over the place with his claim, meaning he doesn't know what he's saying or attempting to get across, either way he is a veteran, in the era of the Vietnam war. Lots of people can be vets without ever seeing combat or being deployed.

If he clearly states he is a Vietnam veteran and he fought, over and over, yes he definitely means to lie. But it just sounds like a man who's first language isn't english, and has a hard time getting his points across.

This whole thing is ridiculous. This is what social media has done to people, turning something that happens EVERY DAY in the US into a full on fiasco. The division is getting wider and wider.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Americans like to harp on about their Freedom Of Speech and Right To Peaceful Protest.

Phillips is only doing what you regard as a cherished right is he not? So what's your problem?

What about the rights of the churchgoers to practice their religion without this jackass interrupting them?

So, if someone doesn't like what they do or say then they shouldn't be allowed to do it?

You either have the freedom of speech and protest, or you don't. So which is it ?

No?

What would you like to come into my home to protest about?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: recrisp

Nathan Stanard is his name.

Everything about him and this entire fiasco is false.

Chief Spreading Bull of the Stolen Valor Tribe.

It's not even proven he said he was in Vietnam, the media and social media was spreading that rumor, but I'd expect such a false statement from someone with Sherman under his name to be the first to make such a claim against a native.

Your white guilt trip attempt has no power here race baiter.

I'm proud of General Sherman and everything he did to help this great nation.

What white guilt trip?

Sherman committed genocide against the native populations.

Still doesn't change the fact you made a false statement. FAKE NEWS.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No?

your misunderstanding of how free speech works

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Considering your posts in here it could be a protest about stupid people.
edit on 24-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I understand perfectly how Free Speech works.

It is the right to say what you wish without fear of prosecution or retribution.

How do you understand it more to the point?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Considering your posts in here it could be a protest about stupid people.

You mean because they have a different view than you.

Tolerance is something you lack.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It is the right to say what you wish without fear of prosecution or retribution.

your freedom of speech stops, when it starts to infringe upon the rights of others. pretty simple concept.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

He can barely read english and he rambles on an on in his interviews or his speakings.

If you watch his last interview he clearly says he's a Vietnam times veteran, or something along those lines.
And in other videos he says he's a Vietnam veteran, he flip flops all over the place with his claim, meaning he doesn't know what he's saying or attempting to get across, either way he is a veteran, in the era of the Vietnam war. Lots of people can be vets without ever seeing combat or being deployed.

If he clearly states he is a Vietnam veteran and he fought, over and over, yes he definitely means to lie. But it just sounds like a man who's first language isn't english, and has a hard time getting his points across.

This whole thing is ridiculous. This is what social media has done to people, turning something that happens EVERY DAY in the US into a full on fiasco. The division is getting wider and wider.

He speaks English fine and yes I know that he says in some of the recent videos that he is a "vietnam times vet" but there are videos of him claiming to be a vietnam vet and having been deployed. I've seen them, and you can easily find them on youtube as well.

The guy is a liar a creeper and nothing but a rabble rouser using his native american heritage to play the victim all the while when he is the perpetrator of any conflicts.

I don't feel the need to sugarcoat it, he is a con man. White, black, brown or blue....Native American, old or young, the guy is a con man.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do you know the difference between nathan Philip's and jane fonda?

Jane Fonda was actually in Vietnam.....

Intelligence provided to the enemy from Hanoi Jane got some troops killed from torture There's no comparison.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Using his free speech to shut down free speech

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

your freedom of speech stops, when it starts to infringe upon the rights of others. pretty simple concept.

It would appear your idea of Free Speech is people can say whatever they wish.

As long as they agree with you.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do you know the difference between nathan Philip's and jane fonda?

Jane Fonda was actually in Vietnam.....

Intelligence provided to the enemy from Hanoi Jane got some troops killed from torture There's no comparison.

Lies told by this con man have incited death threats of children. This guy is no good either.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There's no video of him intending and pushing his veteran status. And if there is, it's unclear and I guess ambiguous.

He's not a liar. He's just an old weirdo who got caught up in this whole mess and became a media frenzy.
edit on 24-1-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There's no video of him intending and pushing his veteran status. And if there is, it's unclear and I guess ambiguous.

He's not a liar. He's just an old weirdo who got caught up in this whole mess and became a media frenzy.

Give it a rest, I just watched him very clearly in a video state that he is a "vietnam vet" and that was deployed in theater!
I don't know how to link videos, but it is 37 seconds long on youtube.

He even goes on to try and pull on the heartstrings by saying "I don't talk much about my Vietnam times"....LOL...

Probably because he has never been there.

Jesus H. Do not tell me he never made this claim again please.
edit on 24-1-2019 by toolgal462 because: corrected the direct quote!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Private property and religious services are exempt I believe. Freedom of speech does not mean you can trespass and disturb the peace.

It also doesn't mean it's your god given right to march up to someone and get inches from his face banging a drum and chanting or singing either.

That man is a first rate creep.

His family is probably genuinely ashamed of him right about now but don't how to tell him.
edit on 24-1-2019 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

He's not a liar.

“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips continued, his voice breaking. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Return to Standing Rock - Vogue

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So how does the current trend of punishing people for hate speech make you feel? I only ask because If I say "two genders" I can be charged in some places.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join