It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nathan Phillips, the Native American from the Covington Kids viral video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: recrisp

He might actually get somewhere if he goes to Rome.

I'm Catholic but even I know that pope is crazy enough to give him what he wants.

Yeah, in these times, anything is possible.
I am pretty sure that he will be short-lived, but this might start a movement, I mean, people used to listen to Justin Bieber!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: rickymouse

Americans like to harp on about their Freedom Of Speech and Right To Peaceful Protest.

Phillips is only doing what you regard as a cherished right is he not? So what's your problem?

You can peacefully protest in public spaces, if you go onto private property, then you're looking at trespassing.

But it's not all black and white.

You also have freedom of religion.

One of the unofficial rule is you are free to do what you want so long as you don't infringe on other's freedom.

I doubt he will get in trouble, as the Catholics likely don't want anymore unneeded attention.

But this wasn't cool.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Americans like to harp on about their Freedom Of Speech and Right To Peaceful Protest.

Phillips is only doing what you regard as a cherished right is he not? So what's your problem?

What about the rights of the churchgoers to practice their religion without this jackass interrupting them?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

What about the rights of the churchgoers to practice their religion without this jackass interrupting them?

So, if someone doesn't like what they do or say then they shouldn't be allowed to do it?

You either have the freedom of speech and protest, or you don't. So which is it ?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So, if someone doesn't like what they do or say then they shouldn't be allowed to do it?

You either have the freedom of speech and protest, or you don't. So which is it ?

You either have the freedom of speech and protest religion, or you don't. So which is it ?

I fixed that for you

You do not have the right to trespass on private property and harass people who don't want you there.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Free speech rights are not a free ticket to impinge upon others rights.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You either have the freedom of speech and protest religion, or you don't. So which is it ?

I fixed that for you

You do not have the right to trespass on private property and harass people who don't want you there.

Spot on.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Do you know something? When people protest that is what actually happens sometimes.

Or didn't you realise that?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Do you know something? When people protest that is what actually happens sometimes.

Seriously, just accept the insight you have been given and learn from it. It's a positive thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do you know something? When people do that, if not invited on private property, they can be arrested by the police for trespassing, that happens sometimes too.

Or didn't you realize that?

edit on 1/24/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Before you embarrass yourself any further, please note that this protest was not on public property. Philips and his minions entered a church (private property) and started disrupting a worship service. Philips can exercise his free speech rights in public. Free speech rights do not give you an excuse to trespass. What part of that is difficult for you?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

They try to help them fit into society better so they can live as equals with others. Years ago when I was a kid, it was bad, native Americans were treated as inferior, I hung around with a couple of native Americans. I noticed that those who did not go to church much usually said more bull against the Indians than church people. Since then I see the churches reaching out more and more to help these natives integrate into society better. Not so much with the bar crowds though. In the last say twenty years, I have noticed that offspring of Christians might not go to church much but kept some of the good Christian values and are trying to help the native people integrate without god being involved.

I believe in god, the god of all. That god is not owned by Christians, he is the great spirit to Indians. We need to set aside our differences and concentrate what we have in common. I may not be considered a Christian anymore but I still respect Christian values and also the Native American religious values. The leaders of many churches may be corrupt and overpowering and bias, but most of the people now are good people. You need to look at the majority of the people and look for the good in them instead of waging war against them. Lots of good people out there, if ten percent of our population is chaotic, the whole society can collapse because of one tenth of the population being disruptive.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Before you embarrass yourself any further, please note that this protest was not on public property. Philips and his minions entered a church (private property) and started disrupting a worship service. Philips can exercise his free speech rights in public. Free speech rights do not give you an excuse to trespass. What part of that is difficult for you?

So you have no problem if Trump supporters are charged with trespass then?

We could probably come to agreement if you are happy they are charged.

pro-Trump protester has been charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct after interrupting a staging of Julius Caesar in New York’s Central Park to protest against the “normalization of political violence against the right.

The New York Police Department said that Loomer, 24, had been charged with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct after continuing to shout outside the theater and refusing police requests to move away, the New York Times reported

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 24-1-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Nathan Stanard is his name.

Everything about him and this entire fiasco is false.

Chief Spreading Bull of the Stolen Valor Tribe.

It's not even proven he said he was in Vietnam, the media and social media was spreading that rumor, but I'd expect such a false statement from someone with Sherman under his name to be the first to make such a claim against a native.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Private property and religious services are exempt I believe. Freedom of speech does not mean you can trespass and disturb the peace.

It also doesn't mean it's your god given right to march up to someone and get inches from his face banging a drum and chanting or singing either.

That man is a first rate creep.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

It's not even proven he said he was in Vietnam, the media and social media was spreading that rumor, but I'd expect such a false statement from someone with Sherman under his name to be the first to make such a claim against a native.

He said it and there is video of him saying it and there are past fundraisers for this guy where the claim is also made.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

There is no agreement required.
You were incorrect, due a lack of understanding.
There's no need to negotiate to save face - it's not bad that you were wrong, as long as you learn from it.

edit on 24/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Do you know something? When people do that, if not invited on private property, they can be arrested by the police for trespassing, that happens sometimes too.

Or didn't you realize that?

In the great country of Texas they can be shot...hell they can be shot by the person's neighbor too. God I LOVE Freedom!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

There is no agreement required.
You were incorrect, due a lack of understanding.

That's your opinion.

Mine is different.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Your white guilt trip attempt has no power here race baiter.

I'm proud of General Sherman and everything he did to help this great nation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join