It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Saddam to face trial 'in cage'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein is likely to be tried in a cage according to reports. The high security cage would be similar to the one used for fictional movie character Hannibal Lecter. The cage would be made of white metal with bulletproof glass. The cage is reportedly under construction within one of his palaces located in the high security green zone.

www.news.com.au
FALLEN Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein would be tried in one of his palaces sitting inside a top security Hannibal Lecter-style cage, The Sun newspaper said today.

It said the white reinforced metal cage would be similar to the one used to control the character played by Anthony Hopkins in the Silence of the Lambs movie of 1991.
Quoting an unidentified source, Britain's top-selling tabloid said that during the trial – to be held possibly next year – Saddam would be housed in an underground cell and would travel to and from the courtroom cage using a lift.

Saddam is facing charges of war crimes and genocide and will be tried before Iraqi judges in the palace inside Baghdad's Green Zone.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Interesting, the source is not the best as it is one of the London tabloids. However, the risk of violence directed at him is pretty extreme so they have to take every precaution. He will be raised into the cage from his cell underneath according to the report. Its seems a bit Vegas style theatrical to me, but whatever works I guess.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A La Hannibal Lecter... See what Bush caught...a monster, and now he's caged because he's a danger....

Surely the man was a monster but no less of a monster than others loose out there, and ruling.

Great visual effects...maybe an Oscar.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It is in Saddam's best interest (or is it) to be transported in this "safe" way. On one hand, if he survives the trial, he will most likely face death as the verdict. On the other hand, if he is shot or bombed unexpectedly, he gets off the easy way. I prefer that he has to think about his death prior to it happening.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
WOW! First time in the War on Terror that I heard somebody from the "Evil" side got a fair trial for his crimes against the USA! Seems like things are getting more "humane" into the ranks of the Bush Administration... maybe one day we'll be right to believe that the thousands muslims that have been imprisoned under terrorism claims without any trial to finally have their trial, before they die old...

Angry sarcasm aside, even if these people get transfered to their home country adn get a trial, it's gonna be under a judicial system built by the same people who got them in jail... I pray for these poor guys, seriously. What a terrible thing it must be to be taken from your family and sent to jail without being able to legally defend yourself against charges that does'nt even have something to do with you.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
One of the main sources for this article is The Sun which I don't really take seriously as a 'source' for anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well, can I ask, if there will be admission plus a circus act?! Ths sounds cruel, and yes I know Saddam has tortured people and starved his people, but this is more to humiliate him I think. What about North Korea's president? He is the same way,with his people but, will the United states ever go after North korea? NO!
Why? Because Bush is not as stupid as we think, he knows it would be a bad move, one that he couldn't handle.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I hope someone brings a tazer rod into the hearings and treats him with the same cruelty sick people have for animals. Perhaps they could tease him like a zoo monkey while he's on display in that cage. Despite the sence of humane responcibilty I maintain, he deserves every micro second of torture and suffering available, for what he did to his own people and others. I finished reading- SADDAM THE FACE OF EVIL, by Mark Cantrell and Donald Vaughan. ISBN 1-932270-20-5, not only was So damn insane evil his whole life, his enviornment encouraged it. He conducted his first assassination at the age of 21 and before then he idolized Stalin. The book details Saddam biographically along with the history of Iraq. Saddam has no rights, the world doesn't need a court to convict him, he convicted his self. Action speaks louder than words.

Of course I'm still of the personal opinion that the captured Saddam was a look alike, given to Bush to satisfy him, shut him up in a sence. That's the only way Bush was going to be happy, so why not give him what he wants. Now the gov can focus on other more important threats, like the monsters chopping heads off and blowing everything up on a daily basis.

Bush got his rodeo, let the victims and survivors of terror have theirs.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I firmly beleive that they are worried about the families of his victems exacting some personal vengence. Saddam is in the league with Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler etc etc. and whatever punishment he recieves will never be enough.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
How old are you?

Does this sound familiar?english.pravda.ru...
Nazi leader Herman Goering once remarked that it was easy to lead people into war, regardless of whether they resided within "a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, a parliament, or a communist dictatorship." All that was required, Goering argued, is for their government to "tell them they are being attacked, and [then] denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger

While you say Saddam was evil I agree, but, what about,North Korea/ The leader has total control over his people. He has control over the world because he can use his Nuclear Weapons against the other countries by scare tactics!
What about other leaders who do the same thing, which begs the question, why did Bush only chase after Saddam? Because he knew they were a weak nation and could be defeated. He would never challenge Korea, even with Korea's threats, he hasn't done so, because N.Korea would whoop America and Canada, and any other country. So, it's all a matter of what country you can win against, and using scare tactics on your own people. Bush wants peace he said, but, where is it? Please show me what direction it is in?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
:shk: what exactly does my age have to do with anything? If I recall this thread was about Saddam not about old Kim. Bush is doing something about Kim and if it does not go anywhere the world may have to go in and take him out?

Where exactly are you getting your information about the military capacity of North Korea to defeat the world
One of thier propaganda manuals :shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Advisor
I'm also of the opinion that the real Hussein is still alive and well and evading capture, or dead. The guy they've got locked up doesn't convince me, and didn't convince his wife either if the stories told are true. I'm betting you're right also, it was a move to appease Bush. They take family seriously, can't blame them for that, and if somebody tried to have my dad killed, I might take issue with it too. Do you think the real Hussein will ever make his appearance? Is that why we're really still there, in Iraq maybe? Is it possible he (his remains) will never be found?

In general I think the amount of money spent protecting the man so he can get a fair trial and a 'fair' execution, is too much. They should let the Iraqi people judge him. Let him out on the street wearing nothing but his gov. issue skivvies, and sit back and watch. The Iraqi people will either hang him by his genitals from the nearest lamp post, or they'll whisk him away to safety and reinstall him in power (assuming he's real for a moment.). Either way, justice is done according to the Iraqi people.

For the record, I would advise the States do the same thing, along with Australia, the UK, and some other 'choice' allies. I think we have leaders now, in the 'civilized' world, who make Hannibal Lecter pale in comparison.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
There are dozens of settlement ruins of the unknown civilization that stretch from Annau across the Kara-Kum desert into Uzbekistan and perhaps the northern part of Afghanistan. The area is 300 to 400 miles long and 50 wide. Some believe Binny boy is in Afghan mountain range, under ground, I think the real Saddam would be just as familiar with his lands history. But going further would be way off topic and I think a new thread should be started for that. As for him being back in power, not a chance, he has been forceably retired politically anyways.

Hmm, I wonder if that cage is shark proof?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If this is the true Saddam and not a look alike (and there are many) then i hope he gets whats coming to him. He deserves no mercy from anyone for what he has done.

To receive mercy, you have to be sorry for what you did. Has he shown any remorse other than denying the crimes he has been accused of? Of course he hasn't. He will lie through his back teeth to try and get off with it. Thats human nature.

I just hope all the proof they have against him actually stands up in court. The things that worries me is that it could end up being a circus show for the world to see. Thats where the lawyers might be able to call on technicalities against the case. (Michael Jackson case springs to mind).

Personally, i think he should be put in square where most of the other executions have been carried out, and let the people take turns to do what ever to him.

A fair trial for this EVIL man is beyond belief. He deserves nothing and should expect nothing.

I for one will be taking a great interest in the following months regarding his "trial"

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What does Kim have to do with this? Everything! Korea has no oil, Iraq does, plus, Bush got what he wanted to a tee! He got to show his daddy and the world that he got Saddam. But,Bush specifically went to war with Iraq over WMD.right?.. Where are they , show us the weapons?!?Now, why doesn't he talk about N.Korea or China.I don't hear him saying too much chit about those countries...do you?
So he went after Iraq because he knew ...he knew for sure, there were no nuclear weapons , or WMD.
If the united states went after Iraq because they may have had wepons that could have harmed America, does that mean that if your neighbor owns a gun, you can kill him because he doesn't like you?
Why did Bush not speak about South America which has greater dictaors than Hussein, and are much worse....oh I forgot..no oil to interest old George.
This was imo, for greed purposes and to get revenge for his father. So, if he sent the troops to war over in Iraq and there was nothing to show for it,then I don't see how that makes Bush a peacekeeper...it makes him imo a war criminal.
I am from Canada, and we don't believe in war, or, putting people of any position in a 'laughable' spotlight. We are for peace, and we are not blinded by Bush, we see what he has done and is doing. We are civil.
Not to be rude but are you British FredT?
Am I risking my membership because I stated my opinion.lol

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Shai_lene]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't really care about Saddam's well being, this is more of a metaphor that they've 'caught the beast' than anything and submitting him to public humiliation. No-one should be submitted to such American sensationalism.

Also those who call for the torture of Saddam Hussein are no better than him, shame on you all, show that you are a better person than he is by not condoning such barbaric acts.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 28-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Forgive me FredT and advisor, but this is the first person who actually sounds like a human being, and a man with morals.
Thanks drFunk! I am outnumbered here. lol

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
I don't really care about Saddam's well being, this is more of a metaphor that they've 'caught the beast' than anything and submitting him to public humiliation. No-one should be submitted to such American sensationalism.

Also those who call for the torture of Saddam Hussein are no better than him, shame on you all, show that you are a better person than he is by not condoning such barbaric acts.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 28-2-2005 by drfunk]

I am alot better than him.
I can say this because i have caused no suffering to any other human being the way that he has done since he was 21.

The old saying "an eye for an eye" springs to mind.
I wrote my post above with my honest opinion. If this shows that i am no better than him, then fine, i know differant and you are entitled tp your own opinion. I respect that, and would in turn expect the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shai_lene
Not to be rude but are you British FredT?
Am I risking my membership because I stated my opinion.lol

No one risks thier membership voicing an opinion unless they violate the T&C of the site. So feel free to speak you mind within the contratins of that. At anyrate I am not British. Think South of Canada. However, i have ventured off topic enough for an ATSNN thread.

We can have a discussion of the dictators of South America but not in this thread

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shai_lene
Forgive me FredT and advisor, but this is the first person who actually sounds like a human being, and a man with morals.
Thanks drFunk! I am outnumbered here. lol

Morality is a fleeting thing and is defined by the individual. Your morals and value may differ does that make them any more or less relevant. Wishing Saddam ill will harldy makes any of US less human, but more honest perhaps in the expression of how we are feeling.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The old saying "an eye for an eye" springs to mind.
I wrote my post above with my honest opinion. If this shows that i am no better than him, then fine, i know differant and you are entitled tp your own opinion. I respect that, and would in turn expect the same.<

Then I guess George is going to need real thick glasses, or a couple of eye patches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join