It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner Versus 5 Home Invaders. 3 Dead, 2 In The Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Another story which proves that guns in the home rarely prevent crime and that crime is rarely prevented through the use of defensive firearms

In this case one homeowner takes down 5 armed home invaders. One hell of a success story.

Homeowner fatally shoots 3 men, injures 2 during home invasion, police say
www.click2houston.com...

Police said three men are dead and two others are in a hospital after a homeowner shot them during a possible home invasion in east Houston.

A shootout occurred just before 1 a.m. on Sherman Street near 71st Street, as the homeowner responded to five men who allegedly tried to break in, according to Houston police.

One man was left dead in front of the house, at least one wounded man took off on foot and the others left in an SUV, police said.

The car crashed into a pole nearby at Harrisburg Boulevard, where a man was found dead inside, according to police. Police say another person in the car fled, collapsed down the street on Capitol Street and later died.

The fourth and fifth suspects were also injured and taken to a hospital, police said.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
5 men for a home invasion?

Wow, wonder what the guy had that they wanted so bad?

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Average response time for police in Houston is 9min 35 seconds.

Source

Average response time for a gun is 2500 feet per second.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That is all.
CARRY on.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wonder if the homeowner will be charged with anything?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hopefully he didn't shoot anyone in the back. Back when I lived in Texas I believe that if you did that, no matter the circumstance, you're getting in trouble.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Don't start none, Won't be none

Never sounded more right...

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Good for him.

Sometimes I sit in my living room cleaning my gun just wishing a mfer would .

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Home invasion works best with multiple assailants. Overwhelming force. You need that because there are often more people in the house than your surveillance accounted for.

But I hear you. Calling the police in a poor neighborhood amounts to scheduling a second home invasion, as the police destroy your remaining possessions "searching for drugs." It's actually operant conditioning-- punishing the person for calling the cops and causing a bunch of paperwork.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

They just didn't want a fair fight.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hopefully he didn't shoot anyone in the back. Back when I lived in Texas I believe that if you did that, no matter the circumstance, you're getting in trouble.

laws have changed since then. In Texas you can defend your property by any means.

Nothing will happen to the home owner other than some home repair and having to live with the fact that he killed three people. Sure three thugs off the street and the tax payers will not have to pay for their 3 hots and a cot for who knows how long. But by law he didn't do anything illegal he just has to live with that. I feel for him!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Another story which proves that guns in the home rarely prevent crime and that crime is rarely prevented through the use of defensive firearms

Rarely prevented?

Your post proves that prepared and educated individuals can successfully defend their home from human trash. The moral of the story is train and educate yourselves in the firearms you own and choose to defend your home with. This preparedness could save you and your family.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

You are wrong, especially in night/dim light/darkened house.

Your lawyer does his best Foghorn Leghorn impression: "ya honor, my client was in fear of his life there in that there hallway. I say, I say he is visually Impaired, ya honor. He thought that young gang member was facing him, not away. Why, that hulking thug blocked the doorway, ee-fectively ee-clipsing the light from a single street lamp. My client is not a trained police officer. He was not a ninja. He was a frightened old man, facing the terrible prospect of his own demise at the hands of this fiendish brigand. And he did the only thing he could. He shut his eyes and pulled the trigger.... My client was Meaning to shoot this robber in the front.... But his aim was off..."

Texas law is not based on New York or California type jurisprudence. Texas law is a mix of English common law, Code Nepoleane, Black's law dictionary and the Bible:

If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him.... Exodus 22:3

Basically, if you could identify the assailant later (I.e, in daylight), you're not supposed to kill him. But if he is running away and you'll never be able to identify him, you can use the force needed to stop him.

Texas does not require the home occupant to be charged with a crime; its at he discretion of law enforcement & DA. But any bill has to come from a grand jury-- Texas has jury nullification, and it still happens, if very rarely.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Houston’s average police response time for all major crimes has increased in the last 5 years. The most serious calls now average 10 minutes.

And on the East side, the response time is more like 15 to 20 minutes. They aint going to show up until they are sure the gun fire has abated. Basically they are just a clean up crew. But unlike the Brits they dont have the merry colored clown cars and the Tent Squads.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If I shoot someone in the back it's because the first 2 people didn't slow the round down enough as it went through. 3 pulls then think and confirm the rest of what you have available. especially when woken from sleep.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Drugs, I assume.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I’m guessing the ‘usual suspects’ that’s the real story here. Unfortunately Americans are willing to have that discussion..

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Rarely prevented?

Your post proves that prepared and educated individuals can successfully defend their home from human trash. The moral of the story is train and educate yourselves in the firearms you own and choose to defend your home with. This preparedness could save you and your family.

Sarcasm

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Good for him.

Sometimes I sit in my living room cleaning my gun just wishing a mfer would .

Color me shocked....

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join