It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobos II

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

It did give the appearance of a cryptic meaning to a lot of folks judging by what I heard people saying about it.

I'm not referring to myself Jim. I never thought anything about it personally, nor did I care.

I'm just going by all the funny things I heard people say in response to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
... especially since Borman and Lovell had been in orbit three years earlier when their sister ship was preparing to head back to Earth and that crew [headed by the notorious prankster 'Wally' Schirra] relieved the tension in Mission Control with a surprise rendition of 'jingle bells'.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Millions of people mistook those gags for alien sightings? Get serious.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It did give the appearance of a cryptic meaning to a lot of folks judging by what I heard people saying about it.

Maybe you've been listening to the wrong people. Please consider it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
... especially since Borman and Lovell had been in orbit three years earlier when their sister ship was preparing to head back to Earth and that crew [headed by the notorious prankster 'Wally' Schirra] relieved the tension in Mission Control with a surprise rendition of 'jingle bells'.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Millions of people mistook those gags for alien sightings? Get serious.

Well look on the bright side, You weren't one of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Maybe you've been listening to the wrong people. Please consider it.

I never listened to anyone, I just observed what they said. I've already stated I never cared about that Santa Clause bit. You seem to have a desperate need for people to "see and hear aliens" so you can carpet bomb them with whatever it is that you do.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Fair enough. Passing around juicy rumors can be thrilling. Being obsessive about accuracy is a real downer at parties.

The horse is dead. We're done here. [grin]

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Right this IS a fringe web page but makes some interesting observations about Phobos, I don't agree with some of there observation's and interpretations but still worthy of a look for this thread.
www.enterprisemission.com...
www.enterprisemission.com...
They think it is a space ship while I think it is an asteroid or comet moved into orbit using mobile nuclear furnace powered devices that would have turned the surface material into plasma or super heated gas so a kind of super efficient mass drivers that would have moved along the asteroid's surface.
However there is no reason why it can not be both?.
Or a ship in disguise or if they are correct so ancient and battered that it no longer resembles what it may once have looked like or both this and a converted asteroid.

Some other web opinion pages.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
Phobos is probably in a slowly decaying orbit unlike our own moon which is actually moving slowly away from us?.
www.space.com...
www.soulask.com...
ufodigest.com...
www.auricmedia.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree we need to go look more closely, and any excuse to goose Congress for money seems acceptable to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: peacefulpete

I was 10 in 1980,

Thats strange in previous thread I am sure you claimed to be older than that

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

You sure you are not suffering that old mendelly thing?.
I do tend to talk down to some people especially when they are acting like stupid kid's and stooping to abusive argument's on multiple occasion's (as well as stalking aghaaaaa - I mean why could it not be an attractive pretty blone play boy model - a female one before anyone get's the wrong idea) to try to push there agenda or deny fact's, so stop with the attempt at a character assassination and grow up, for once in your life stop trying to win argument's when you know you are wrong, you are very - very capable of making good argument's and have a good amount of knowledge, fair disagree, disprove, deny.
But come one childish character assassination, grow up will you.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree we need to go look more closely, and any excuse to goose Congress for money seems acceptable to me.

Fair enough and made me chuckle, I am not an expert and would agree you are far closer to that than most on the site, in fact you ARE an ACTUAL expert in your field's and a reference source (Adviser) as well so you have my utmost respect and acknowledgment.

and I know that was a fringe source I proffered, half of there stuff is a bit too far off the path even for me and I am a believer that there is something to be found but even if it just turned out to be a weird rock made up of a loss aggregate of weakly merged boulders left over from a debris ring and covered in a fine dust to give it a seeming appearance of a single object it would still be a fine object to study and such a finding would provide you insight into how such a moonlet may have formed under then natural condition's.

I just hope your OFFICIAL space program survives this period and the ensuing crisis it may cause for years to come with your government nearly as divided as our own over in Blighty though likely ongoing budget arguments will at least affect the civilian program if not now then when the next administration gain's power - we can hope not as for the US to regain it's lead in technology and science it really does need to fund these seemingly civilian program's as they of course also have some very useful spin off's for both domestic and military application - and they need to keep a tighter lid on some of there genuine secrets - not the type we all should know but the one's that matter to your nation's economic and defensive capability's to ensure a stable base well into the future.

The problem there is that Corporations (that one of your greatest former president's and general's Eisenhower warned of) are NOT patriot's they go, invest and take secret's even government one's were the profit is as they only thing they care about is there profit margin's and there shareholder dividend's (SO while your current and previous administration's and perhaps any potential future one's are all in the pockets of the corporations it may mean your nation will continue to suffer slow degradation as a result until they get back to proper government owned company's (even if they are CIA front's and not officially owned and then only so long as the Government keeps a tight lead on the CIA) in order to remedy this.

So I truly wish the best of luck to you and your colleagues as even if we don't immediately benefit in time most of the development's of the space program at NASA do filter down to the rest of the western world and a lot of them have made life much better for many people across the globe so of course it is not always just about the rocket's but those spin off industry's and the discovery's to be made in the research with there potential future applications in all walk's of life.

edit on 26-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Russia and the US couldn't get a ship there those days

You don't know that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join