It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Thought About Moving To A Deserted Island, Away From Society.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think that you could even create a strong economy. By turning the island into a research and development facility. Sell advanced technology medicine and ideas to corporations and countries.
As for outside threat a small security force of citizens would prevent any criminal or any other rogue threat. As long as your recognized by the U.N. as a sovereign nation, have several citizens with duel citizenship to other countries like the US, Canada, or U.K. and are on friendly terms with the US and one other major world power then you should have no problem with annexation. The most powerful countries would not have a good reason to take you over and would be stopped by international law. The fact that many of there own citizens live on your island and the fact that you have friendly relation with them would mean that you would have the protection of that major world power from smaller more aggressive nations.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First, thank you SkipShipman..And RazorDragon ....definetly good info to know.
Smallpeeps hopefully we could find somewhere where the powers that be...would have no use for the area. "hopefully"

WellWhatnow...I don't remember not having this feeling. I was born with this desire to start over someother way, someother place. as for the consprisy's..well with the threat of nuclear devistation...by both governments and terrorists, earth changes, pollution, Crime, Possible police-state, alien envation, meteors, ect..ect, Im suprized more haven't tried this, or are willing to try,,or understand..

im still on the first page will post more

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
RazorDragon3000 that is a good idea..I was thinkin about a university, maybe a luxury resort..

You could avoid many of the "endtime" catastrophes...at least a nuke war

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes i have thought about it and part of me wants to.

But one needs to take responsibility for himself and also his community, moving away from it may not be the best thign for it.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There was a certain self-proclaimed time-traveller who said he lived through a nuke war by being near the universities.

I wonder if that's true, that universities would be the first rebuilding point after a nuke war? I mean, as worst-events go, nuke war is the worst one. Worse than whatever else you'd be trying to escape. So wherever you escape to would have to be able to survive nuclear fallout commensurate with a full nuclear exchange.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
well ive always wanted to move to a deserted island,with me,my friends,their girlfriends and my girlfriend,as long as there are resources there to make food n shelter,im happy like a hobo at tim hortons

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In my opinion it is possible to create a well working and stable society/nation. I also think that one does not need the threat of pollution or nuclear war to consider this a good idea. I don’t even believe that one must consider current governments and societies inadequate.

It is a good Idea to experiment and try new things. This also means new attempts at government. I think that one could create a paradise nation whose main export is technology and ideas. The main import would be finished products with complex manufacture process (computers TV’s some industrial equipment) and a certain amount of raw resources.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
One Island that fits the bill is Pitcairn Island in the pacific.

Its far away from the air currents in the northern hemisphere, far enough off the track so no birds fly there...so no avian flu, its high off sea level for rising tides and has areas available for cropping..oh it is also looking for emigrants at the moment..

What the Brits have done is make the island a sort of 'taboo' with the sex crimes trials that the Brits have bulldozed through to the island...

But if you are looking for an island...apply to go there....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A tiny island off the coast of Tahiti would be ideal. Just me, a laptop, a fishing rod would do me. Of course plenty of money in the bank, a boat so i could reach civilization whenever i wanted. I doubt if i could stay alone for too long...Maybe Brad Pitt...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The past couple years I've been having daydreams of retiring to China on a hilltop near a small remote village. I could read my Book, meditate, practice wushu, and eat rice one grain at a time. Daily I can walk down to the village for a few hours to participate in a music festival with a chinese flute, enjoy art, silk clothes, and do a little hard labor for Wal-Mart. Ah...that'd be peaceful.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow look what I found, At the time this thread was moved I didn't come to BTS...my bad

I just read threw this And love it....Me and a roomate have been tryin to find islands= deserted, water, trees, elovation, in international waters, but haven't had any real luck.

I would love to set up a exclusive resort[about 100 guests at a time], and a small university[Tech. and Agro],and a Very small town on a island The tech needed to do this is easy to find, but where to put it is another story. We could have a tax system/legeal system our own School system.

The goal is Family, or a better family life, escaping the 9-5. Living with a 4 day work week, but when you have to work more its all good, because its all for each other. Im thinking a place that could support a Base population of under 200 people + 100 guests + 150 students and professors so a total population at any time of less than 500 people. You could offer college professors all throughout the world month long vacatitions in Paradise and they could work at the University.

This could be a most Excellent project to envolve yourself in.

Where?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I used to want my own private island, but then I witnessed the effects of the December 26th tsunami and well I no longer want to live permanently on an island.

unless that is, I can figure out a way to keep a submarine in my house as a shelter..... hmmmm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join