It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Taxation: Should We Have A World Tax Of 35%-70% On The Top 1% Of Wage Earners?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic for those who believe in a "fair progressive" tax system. Your opinions please, if we were to scrap national taxation and have a world tax, what should the tax bracket for the top 1% of wage earners be?

I would love to see the answers for this one. No more local, state, or national tax...... just a universal across the board income tax for all nations.

Brackets:

Lowest 25% = ?% tax

26%-50% = ?% tax

51%-75% = ?% tax

76%-99% = ?% tax

Top 1% = ?% tax
edit on 16-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm lower-middle class. That makes me the .01 percent of the world.

Tax me at a progressive tax rate at a global level and I will be as destitute as anyone else, working only for the tax revenue I generate.

Edit:

What I have noticed is that in order to "get" all the rich people in the world you have to make a lot of other people destitute. Progressive taxation is stupid. There are plenty of ways for the state, in the modern economy, to make a buck enough to keep some lights on.
edit on 16 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

No!

NEVER!

The UN is the most useless and corrupt government in history !

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I'm lower-middle class. That makes me the .01 percent of the world.

Tax me at a progressive tax rate at a global level and I will be as destitute as anyone else, working only for the tax revenue I generate.

Shhhh.... to soon!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Sorry....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
This is an interesting topic for those who believe in a "fair progressive" tax system. Your opinions please, if we were to scrap national taxation and have a world tax, what should the tax bracket for the top 1% of wage earners be?

I would love to see the answers for this one. No more local, state, or national tax...... just a universal across the board income tax for all nations.

Brackets:

Lowest 25% = ?% tax

26%-50% = ?% tax

51%-75% = ?% tax

76%-99% = ?% tax

Top 1% = ?% tax

Yeah, it will be funny when you reveal how much you need to make to be in the 1% globally....

Average SJW doesn't realize they'd be on the business end of a pitchfork too!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Exactly.... and that is why it makes all the difference... suddenly they are not so anxious to pay for everyone else. $32,400 a year will allow you to make the cut.
edit on 16-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Exactly.... and that is why it makes all the difference... suddenly they are not so anxious to pay for everyone else. $32,400 a year will allow you to make the cut.

People don't realize how high the standard of living is in the US (and western world in general) even for supposedly poor people. In addition, they don't realize how poor people really are globally.

The worst neighborhoods in any urban city are like Beverly Hills compared to a favela in some countries. You don't see kids with distended bellies in the US. Even poor people have HD TVs, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Water, Plumbing, etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why do we have to tax based on percentages or the amount of wealth accumulated?

Why can't we tax based on the method of how the wealth is achieved?

Find out what is killing our society. Find out how they are robbing us blind and siphoning off of our labor without contributing anything themselves and tax it. Tax it heavily.

No need to discriminate. No need to surge up hatred for the 1%. No need to interfere with another person's free will. Just start taxing fraud. Tax the leaches. Tax those that subtract from society simply by the form in which they swindle the masses.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why would anyone pay a “world tax”?

Under what authority? Who collects it when People refuse to pay?

This would cause a instant revolution in many countries.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm just distracted thinking about how much more self-sustaining I could be if I actually got to keep all of my earned wages instead of having them flow towards GOV every week.

What was the question again?

edit on 16-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You do see kids with distended bellies in the US ... because they're fat.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Right... only in America do you have fat poor people.

Ever seen a fat Somalian? Fat Rwandan? Just saying....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So, take out all the money from the rich and give it to whom? Of course who gets the money won't have to pay any taxes. We know that a pile of money will make the controllers of it into Mafia like people.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Here, kids are starving while eating like pigs. Our food is tainted with chemicals that make it non-nutritious a lot of time, what they treat it with or how they prepare it often dampens it's ability to nourish the kids.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Beside your OP being left wing troll bait I will answer your post. Contrary to your right wing delusions of the purpose of taxation is not taxation for the purpose of taxation. Taxation is a tactic. Who cares what tactic you use if the goal you are trying to attain is attained. It comes down to values. If you value radical extremist inequality then rather lower taxes you would be better off gutting labor laws. Oh wait, the Republicans have done both!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, it's funny how the food makes every one sick and no one feels satisfied by it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, it's funny how the food makes every one sick and no one feels satisfied by it.

If I eat one quarter pound grass fed organic naturally aged hamburger at home with a few homemade fries, I am stuffed. If we go to McDs or another restaurant I get two quarter pounders and fries and I am still hungry. I might even get some desert.

Our burger has really good taste, theirs taste like blah. We are spoiled. The same goes with a good chicken,like the ahmish or a home grown one, I fill up and it is better with half the chicken at home compared to the cheaper commercial chickens.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
sales tax on stocks and bonds

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So what if you, yes you, developed a video game that acquired the popularity of say Fortnight or Angry Birds and between ad revenue and microtransactions you pulled in a modest $5 a year per user on average. Some more and some less, but on average. How many millions would you have? How many others are entitled to your hard work? Would you be happy with coerced removal of your money no matter how many charitable donations you made? What if your money was used to support causes you actively opposed like Trump’s border wall if you are against it? Or aid to countries that have harsh conditions in factories that use child labor?

What if your game was a modest flop and rather than making you $100k a year, taxes reduced that to $30k forcing to continue to produce other games that may or may not earn as much?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join