It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lester magoogan and the dark art of Cuneiform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For the past few months, i have been studying CBF Walkers writings on Cuneiform. It idin't make sense until I came across this piece by the artist Lester Magoogan

ibb.co...

50 mums 50 Kids one extra Chromosome

www.youtube.com...

Just saying
edit on 13-1-2019 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

That is not cuneiform.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why is it a “dark art”?
Isn’t it just an early form of writing?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That is not cuneiform.

Well spotted Einstein. You deserve a medal for your observational skills . Cant you see the similarity and what Im getting at. OUt of curiosity can you read Cuniform? I bet you can't!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
looks more like baby form. Well said, don't know how you held yourself back.a reply to: Phage

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
looks more like baby form. Well said, don't know how you held yourself back.a reply to: Phage

And I bet your another that can't read Cuneiform. did my family introduce writing at uruk, can it be proved we didnt? Held back bring it forward were back and happy to answer all questions..if we can

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Cuneiform was produced by impressing the end of a cut reed into soft clay. As such, the characters consist entirely of repetitions of long thin triangles (the word 'Cuneiform' means 'wedge shaped').

The topmost link appears to be of a group pictographic symbols similar to some paleo sripts, but not Cuneiform.

Cuneiform was also a continuum of styles that arose from representation of paleolithic pictographic forms but carried out using the stylus-impression method. It was also used for thousands of years and changed much in style.

I can read some late-Sumerian cuneiform but would have to look up full word meanings from online repositories like ETCSL and online lexicons.

new topics

top topics

join