It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stretch Jeans or just getting old?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So far I managed to avoid it, but now I find even my go to brand has introduced this elastane material in their signature jeans that I have been wearing exclusively for the last 25 years. They used to be 100% cotton but now the label reads 99% cotton and 1% elastane.
1% my @$$ that stuff is way too stretchy to be only 1%

I ordered it from their own website, NO STRETCH NO SKINNY JEANS, just a regular old pair of jeans like they claim to have been making for over a century. I dunno, I'm just getting old I guess, but I just don't like those thight pants. I always wear boxers, I've never owned nore wore a speedo in my life. My junk just needs to roam free.

When I see some kids in their skinny jeans, I'm like dude you're wearing a legging. I remember leggings from the early nineties. No, just no
edit on 12-1-2019 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

48 years old and wearing a pair of skinny jeans right now!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I had to give up on jeans- they used to sell fancy pants for guys who visited job sites but didn't really work. Light brown or tan, some sixty bucks a pair... Look lie dress pants but have a hammer loop and are well put together.
They hold up well to real work. Stain and look terrible immediately, but hold up well.
I don't think I've worn real jeans in ten years.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Leggings are like under armor long johns... Would never go out in public in just my underwear but I am happy that women and girls are happy to do it...

I have worn almost the same size pants for 30 years... 32x32... I have a ton of blue jeans but don't wear them to work anymore. My wife found some Wrangler pants.... like 15 bucks.... light weight and fit and feel great. I probably would not wear them if I was on a large welding project, but working in our state capitol building they look nice and function well.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm a boots, jeans, and t-shirt kinda guy. When I want to go out, I throw a button down shirt on. American Eagle slim straight jeans are my go to these days. They have a traditional fit that Levi's and others have moved away from.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My sis is nearing 60 years old and she just joined the gym and is talking about how nice it will be to get into skinny jeans and show off her nice behind. So, limiting your style freedom because of your age (who's unwritten law was that anyway?) is out the window for some people.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just like another poster on the thread been in the same jean size for 30 + years 32x32 skinny jeans for me

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Dickies.

That's all I have to say about the matter.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The older I get the longer I live in the US, the fatter I get and the more elastine I need.

Stretchy Pants are my new found friends.

Fatty Boomsticks.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
The older I get the longer I live in the US, the fatter I get and the more elastine I need.

Stretchy Pants are my new found friends.

Fatty Boomsticks.

Know what you mean....... stretchy pants or muffin top!!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wearing some stretchy jeans right now...I actually don't like the way they look, but damn they're comfortable. I typically wear cargo pants to work, and the last ones I bought were actually "skinny" cargos. Kinda weird, makes me feel like I'm wearing women's wear...besides the cargo pockets aren't really big enough.

But overall, wear what you want. Be comfortable. Be stylish. Just be you. And I'll just be me.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You really want to be comfy?
Bib overalls!
Loose, comfy, tons of pockets, and as a man, you could go shirtless as well.
Hubby says I can't wear mine like that, outside the house.

But I love them, and even can wear them to work.

Only thing I'm missing is the beer gut. They even hide that!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You can get raw denim and all of that. I like how they do the stretch now, my lower legs are muscular and now they seem to fit better and I can bend my knees easier. We'll see if they last as long. If they fall apart in a couple years I'll switch back to regular denim but if they work just as well I see no reason to be stiff legged, out of tradition, if I'm not doing anything heavy duty.
edit on 1/12/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't wear pants out in public,I only wear skirts down to my ankles.
I like my denim ones with the elastic waist band. My favorite skirts are
showing their age and I can't find anymore like them to replace them with.
I might have to start making my own skirts!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Been wearing Wranglers for over 50 years and when they bought out stretch they were even better. Well better to cover my bear belly. But in the last few years have had to resort to braces (suspenders) to hold them up. I only wear a suit for birth, deaths and marriages.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I like bootcut jeans that are loose enough to sort of sit at my hips, but not so loose that they're baggy.

I got a pair of "skinny" jeans, and I don't like the way they feel on my legs. I can wear them even though the waist is about 4" too large now (they were my first pair of diet jeans and my first pair of Levi's in over 15 years), but they have a 32" waist and I'm down into a 28-29" now, so they're too big. But the legs on them are so tight they hold them up on my anyhow.

But I'm one of those people that even when I was running and only weighed about 123lbs in college, I didn't like wearing skin tight stuff because I felt like I was exposing physical flaws.

Right now, I have a couple pairs of Gloria Vanderbilts that are nice if more high-waisted than I like. I have a pair of Levi bootcuts I like, but it's a bit large at the waist. And I have a pair NYDJ jeans that is also really comfortable, but I again need a smaller size.

The bad part about losing weight is having to re-buy your wardrobe, even as it makes you feel really good.
edit on 12-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

join