It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
5 billion dollar wall defeated by a $40 cordless reciprocating saw.

edit on 10-1-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Yeah, sure you did. I ne thing we know for certain is. Right wingers lie with ease, it’s what they do. They lie all of the time, sad. a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I don't even know where to start with you. I know this post will be removed, but hopefully, you can read it beforehand. But this will be the last time I reply to an illiterate troll like yourself. I mean if your gonna troll for a living, you might want to know how to spell and put together sentences. At a minimum make it readable.

To address the part I can understand, I'm not a right-winger at all, but I did vote for Trump based on policies, not birth certificate conspiracies as one poster was referring too. I also didn't lie. I voted for Obama in 2008, learned my lesson and passed up voting in 2012. Hell, I didn't even care too much about politics until it started affecting my families livelihood.

Then in 2015 Trump came in bucking the entire system with campaign promises that aligned with what would help my family and I the most. So I voted for him and have been honest when I didn't agree with his policies. It's right here on ATS for you to review if you like. At first, I wasn't a supporter of the wall. Then I looked into the situation and changed my mind. When illegal immigration is costing over $100 billion/year. The number of raped women, human trafficking, drug smuggling, gang activities, etc. The wall easily pays for itself within a month.

But like I said at the beginning of this post, I don't expect anything intelligent as a reply. So good luck with your hate towards anyone that doesn't agree with everything you do politically. As a heads-up nobody cares about your childish opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The Isrealie concrete walls have stopped, by Isrealie reckoning, 1,000 bombings of varioues types per year, since they were put up, perhaps America should copy the Isrealie type walls ?

if we had 1000 bombings per year caused by illegal entry then I would be in favor of a wall. However that number currently stands at zero.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I bet a little etching with acid would also do the trick. What we need is drones and more agents to keep the border safe.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It amazes me how folks believe that because someone can make a hole in a wall or even tunnel under believes this negates the whole need for a wall.

It still limits their point of entry! Limits their ability and time to quickly crossover and conceal themselves. Border patrols discover tunnels already and shut them down. For drug dealers and human traffickers it adds to their expense of having to dig a new one.

A wall is simply first defense NOT the only defense.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: rickymouse
nothing an electric fence charger can't correct. Those high voltage ones make your hair stand up on your arm and will jump across a wet sweaty rubber glove

It can be set up to monitor a fence being cut with modern technology and motion sensing cameras and someone can be there within ten minutes to fix the problematic people.

can't we just use technology to see who is crossing and then someone can be there to apprehend them within ten minutes?

That border is about a couple thousand miles long. Narrowing the distance they are coming through would greatly lower the time it takes to get to the place. If they even put up a wall or fence on two thirds of it, it would be easier to control the other areas. Ten miles with an outpost in the middle would be enough for an opening, then they could get to where they are going in ten minutes. But fifty miles, that is an hour by car and twenty minutes by helicoptor. You can't just jump into a helicopter and go, it takes five minutes to get it into the air minimum. It has to warm up for a few minutes minimum and things need to be checked each time you jump in and start it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you are looking for perfect solutions...

See, that is exactly what nobody within the walls of congress are looking for, dare I say ever.

Thus we get the same old adage, "better of the two."

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Its like people arent even reading the article it clearly says,

"While the design currently being constructed was informed by what we learned in the prototypes, it does not replicate those designs," said Waldman. "The steel bollard design is internally reinforced with materials that require time and multiple industrial tools to breach, thereby providing U.S. Border Patrol agents additional response time..."

THEY'RE PROTOTYPES PEOPLE. They show what they look like but their composite will not be the same.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The 560 miles of steel barriers already in place, are a deterrent. Most traffickers/smugglers drive to where there is no barrier.

Is a point of entry a barrier? Is going through checkpoints with drug sniffing dogs and inspections of cargo considered a place with "no barrier?"

The Mexico–US border is the most frequently crossed border in the world,[1][2][3] with approximately 350 million documented crossings annually.[

Most of the drugs and contraband crossing the southern board comes through points of entry.

he said 90 percent of the heroin in the United States comes across the border with Mexico, ignoring the fact that most of the drugs come through legal entry points and wouldn’t be stopped by the border wall that he is demanding as the centerpiece of his showdown with Democrats.

Source

drug trafficking through a legal port of entry is how most illegal drugs make it into the US. And this kind of smuggling will be totally unaffected by a wall put in place to block illegal border crossings, showing that even the toughest border security measures may be next to worthless for dealing with illegal drugs.

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah but the Democratic leadership are mostly lying snakes too. It took me long time to wake up to that unfortunate truth, as a liberal, and it broke my heart.
a reply to: knoxie

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

nothing an electric fence charger can't correct. Those high voltage ones make your hair stand up on your arm and will jump across a wet sweaty rubber glove

It can be set up to monitor a fence being cut with modern technology and motion sensing cameras and someone can be there within ten minutes to fix the problematic people.

Really, High Voltage? On all 2000 miles of trumps proposed wall? How much do you think that would add to the cost? Also with Modern technology, and motion sensing cameras, why do we need a wall?

A forty buck charger every half mile costs about eighty bucks for the charger, the solar ones can possibly pay for themselves in electric savings. I know people who use electric fences, the cost is not that high. Although, if the government is spending money, it might be twenty five times what a farmer would spend.

Ah, the Federal Republic of Germany had self-mounted guns (aimed to the inside of the country). Stop being so useless and whiney, get some GUNS!

This is becoming pathetic. You guys are working against human beings, not animals. How long does it take to disable an electrified fence with some grounding? What about some 5$ bucks worth of gummi-isolated gloves and rubber mats?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
It amazes me how folks believe that because someone can make a hole in a wall or even tunnel under believes this negates the whole need for a wall.

It still limits their point of entry! Limits their ability and time to quickly crossover and conceal themselves. Border patrols discover tunnels already and shut them down. For drug dealers and human traffickers it adds to their expense of having to dig a new one.

A wall is simply first defense NOT the only defense.

Nahhhhhh, if even just one of them can pole vault over a level, no wall can even stops 'em... why even bothers.. It's like shooting apples in a fish tank, you won't get any fishes and the apples will all be salty now and probs taste like dead fishes.

Just pour salt on everything, cry that your hands hurt from self inflicted things and just ignore everything else. Vote democrat. You know it's easier than caring.

Take it from me, an old man wearing overalls and carrying an axe and a fishing rod.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Really, High Voltage? On all 2000 miles of trumps proposed wall? How much do you think that would add to the cost? Also with Modern technology, and motion sensing cameras, why do we need a wall?

A forty buck charger every half mile costs about eighty bucks for the charger, the solar ones can possibly pay for themselves in electric savings. I know people who use electric fences, the cost is not that high. Although, if the government is spending money, it might be twenty five times what a farmer would spend.

Ah, the Federal Republic of Germany had self-mounted guns (aimed to the inside of the country). Stop being so useless and whiney, get some GUNS!

This is becoming pathetic. You guys are working against human beings, not animals. How long does it take to disable an electrified fence with some grounding? What about some 5$ bucks worth of gummi-isolated gloves and rubber mats?

In America it is kind of bad to say shoot those trying to get through. especially because they are not white, if they were white it would be all right to say that. Whites are not a minority. Hispanics are a minority yet here, give it ten years and Hispanics might be the majority. Then we can talk about guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Just think how many more agents they will have to check the cars coming into the country if they aren't riding the border trying to find illegals going across the fifteen hundred miles of border that are not fenced or walled.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

In America it is kind of bad to say shoot those trying to get through. especially because they are not white, if they were white it would be all right to say that. Whites are not a minority. Hispanics are a minority yet here, give it ten years and Hispanics might be the majority. Then we can talk about guns.

Adrian laments... "Zulus... Fousands of 'em... Don't shoot lads, don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes."
Adrian proposes... "You know... they'd have won if they'd kept their eyes closed?!"

"I didn't hold back your honor, I thought he was white."
"Good lord man, why didn't you say. Have a pardon, and 20 million dollars in compensation. Hope the ding in your car door is ok."
"It is, it is. I actually did it running over my exes cat. haw haw"
"Good thing it was a cat, or I'd have to charge you my boy, haw haw haw haw"

I hate texas, and I wasn't even thinking of texas...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnendingVigilance

"While the design currently being constructed was informed by what we learned in the prototypes, it does not replicate those designs," said Waldman. "The steel bollard design is internally reinforced with materials that require time and multiple industrial tools to breach, thereby providing U.S. Border Patrol agents additional response time..."

THEY'RE PROTOTYPES PEOPLE. They show what they look like but their composite will not be the same.

I beg to differ. A prototype is a version of the intended object and it's intended to be fully functional. These were functional sections and the Border Patrol was asked to test them, according to the article I quoted -- because it would be silly to put up something and assume it works without testing.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You don't think the Mexican drug cartels, would invest in some drones, capeable of carrying some real weight? Its a no brainer.

I kind of get the impression most Americans don't actually understand that the Mexican drug cartels are probably about as organized as a military and have probably more funds than the Mexican government. I mean they operate even as far north as here along with Honduran and other Latin american gangs.

Adding border patrols along with the wall will have about the same effect as having border guards do now. Enough money will make even the most devoted border guard turn a blind eye, the same that happens now.

Walls can also be blown up, dug under, climbed over, chisled away and generally continually tested. This won't br a one time expense. It will need constant repairs and maintenance.

It really doesn't take much money or technical knowhow to make a bomb that'll put a hole in a concrete wall. There's a lot of potassium nitrate in Mexico and it's not controlled there any Mexican farmer probably has enough to make a whole Lotta bang.

Not to mention the actual gangsters use military grade weapons.

My guess is though....it won't even come to that because they'll just keep coming through border crossings the way they already do....most of those 2000 miles are fairly inhospitable desert on both sides. I just don't understand why so many people think Mexicans are superhuman or something and can survive trekking hundreds of miles through desert. They come through the roads #....where there's already checkpoints that obviously aren't working. The US/Mexico border is a giant #ing desert....on both sides..and anywhere that's not is already guarded.

It's like people seem to picture these hordes of Mexicans just running daily across the border, waving their sombreros going....Ariba ariba viva america viva freedom....through the desert and bam now their in america robbing, raping and selling drugs...then one day their wall will be up and these hordes of Mexicans wlll stop in their tracks..go...que??? Then turn around and go home. People need to stop watching so many movies or something....

Reality's usually something more along the lines of poor Mexicans pay some gangstas who tell them they'll get them into america, sketchy gangstas arrange transportation, Mexicans drive across border checkpoint with some guards that'll not ask too many questions and then their on their way.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: UnendingVigilance

I beg to differ. A prototype is a version of the intended object and it's intended to be fully functional. These were functional sections and the Border Patrol was asked to test them, according to the article I quoted -- because it would be silly to put up something and assume it works without testing.

That poster quoted the source you posted. Here is another quote "from your source" that says the same thing most people in this thread have been saying.

"The professionals on the border know that a wall system is intended not only to prevent entry, it is intended to defer and to increase the amount of time and effort it takes for one to enter so that we can respond with limited border patrol agents. Even a wall that is being breached is a valuable tool in that it allows us to respond to the attempted illegal entry."

Either you didn't read your own source or you're being dense.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Not sure what that means, but liked this:

Take it from me, an old man wearing overalls and carrying an axe and a fishing rod.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok.
But won't they still have to ride the borders as quick response teams to catch all the folks with a 31 ft ladder at the 30 ft walls, or those that can dig 7 ft under a 6 ft footing, or those with a hack saw....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join