It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: rickymouse
nothing an electric fence charger can't correct. Those high voltage ones make your hair stand up on your arm and will jump across a wet sweaty rubber glove

It can be set up to monitor a fence being cut with modern technology and motion sensing cameras and someone can be there within ten minutes to fix the problematic people.

Really, High Voltage? On all 2000 miles of trumps proposed wall? How much do you think that would add to the cost? Also with Modern technology, and motion sensing cameras, why do we need a wall?

A great long term test for solar power !!!! 😆

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The Isrealie concrete walls have stopped, by Isrealie reckoning, 1,000 bombings of varioues types per year, since they were put up, perhaps America should copy the Isrealie type walls ?

Is that where some the $3.8 BILLION the U.S. taxpayer sends to those Zionists™ goes? I thought it was just Israeli™ politicians™ and more arms™... Who woulda thunk?

Shalom

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: Byrd

What is funny but in a sad sense, is the folks making excuses for that CLOWN!! and ONLY because now Donny (dwerp dwerp) is waving the R™ flag...

Watch some old Apprentice™ tapes for crying out LOUD!!! or when Drumpf BOASTED about giving MILLIONS to Democrats™ through the years...

WAKIE WAKIE

What's funny is a lot of us voted for Obama until he screwed us over. It's called using your vote to make the change you want. You guys lost this time, but no worries you can vote again in 2020. So go out and use your vote to make the change you want.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

What is funny but in a sad sense, is the folks making excuses for that CLOWN!! and ONLY because now Donny (dwerp dwerp) is waving the R™ flag...

Watch some old Apprentice™ tapes for crying out LOUD!!! or when Drumpf BOASTED about giving MILLIONS to Democrats™ through the years...

WAKIE WAKIE

On second thought, how about you check out Obama's campaign promises from 2008 and compare them to Trump's promises and see for yourself the similarities. If you weren't so intellectually dishonest, you could save yourself some embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All things considered....

The liberals are just proving themselves to be hypocritical and pathological liars.

First they support the wall...now they don't.

edit on 10-1-2019 by havok because: Leviry

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

something that isn't being considered is that if someone is standing at the wall and having to saw through it, it delays their entry into the US. If we patrol the border, then that delay could increase the chances of us catching them prior to their entry.

If you are looking for perfect solutions, i'd redirect your attention to the rest of governance as well. When I discuss ACA and how terrible it is, i am continually told it was the best that we could come up with. No, not perfect. And in that case, i'd assume you find it acceptable?

All i ask you apply the same standards when evaluating your politics.

The concept of a wall is a boondoggle. I'm for making it easier for groups to come in and leave (because the jobs they're taking, like farm labor, are not ones we Americans seem to want as a career) - coupled with harsher penalties for companies that hire illegals. I'm for adding border security stations (I've been to the border many times and have seen the patrols there) and for putting in a fleet of drones.

I feel that this is more quickly implemented, more easily upgraded (when we get better capable drones, they can be replaced), provides for a faster response, is cheaper, does not require taking away property from people, does not hinder legal visits in border towns, and makes a permanent work force instead of the "build a wall construction crew" which goes away once the wall is done. It also addresses the issue of areas of the terrain where it's extremely difficult to build a wall (along the canyon rims -- like near Del Rio) and doesn't hamper tourism (all the fishing near Del Rio along the Rio Grande plus tourists going to see the rock art near Curly Tailed Panther, etc, etc.)

I can't speak for other states but I can speak for my state, and I know that near Del Rio, Big Bend, Lajitas, etc that the environment is fragile and there's a lot there that should not be damaged or constructed over.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Traffic MUST be hectic in the middle of the road??? Obummer, really? Isn't that the one who Drumpf said (promised) He would present a fictitious Birth Certificate? You mean that one?

He is a CROOK TOO!!!!

EVERY POLITICIAN™ is a CROOK!!! It doesn't matter which flag they wave...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Isn't that where all the other tech comes in? The drones and sensors? We will be able to detect and then move resources to stop the attempt to enter. How would just a drone or sensors delay people from crossing?

No one has ever said that the Wall was the end all be all of deterrance. It's the first step of the line of defence.

How many Normal Illegal MIGRANTS are going to have power tools and generators with them to quickly get through a wall?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If I was Trump I'd pull the 35,000 troops out of Germany and have them on active duty on the border.
No luxury camps with McDonald's sitting on their asses in a German base doing nothing, actually in the field in tents, working and patrolling.
35,000 troops working 12 hour shifts equates to roughly 9 service people guarding every mile at any given time.
The waste of money with US troops in Germany is nuts. Putin isn't invading anytime soon, he needs the EU to buy his natural gas, and most of Russian dirty money is tied up in London.

I'd have those troops back in the US guarding the border on 6 month deployments, not getting drunk in German bars and doing nothing but drill and guard duty at the base.

EDIT
I entered China illegally once, just a few yards from the Laos side, only so I could say I did it.
Within minutes a People's Liberation Army truck full of soldiers came speeding towards me, so I ran as fast as I could back into Laos hoping they wouldn't cross the border and seize me. China knows how to keep people out and their land border is huge.
edit on 10-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A recent test of the current border showed it could be walked through.......

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah, sure you did. I ne thing we know for certain is. Right wingers lie with ease, it’s what they do. They lie all of the time, sad. a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
If I was Trump I'd pull the 35,000 troops out of Germany and have them on active duty on the border.
No luxury camps with McDonald's sitting on their asses in a German base doing nothing, actually in the field in tents, working and patrolling.
35,000 troops working 12 hour shifts equates to roughly 9 service people guarding every mile at any given time.
The waste of money with US troops in Germany is nuts. Putin isn't invading anytime soon, he needs the EU to buy his natural gas, and most of Russian dirty money is tied up in London.

I'd have those troops back in the US guarding the border on 6 month deployments, not getting drunk in German bars and doing nothing but drill and guard duty at the base.

Thank the heavens you are not in charge, so much wrong with your suggestion.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

something that isn't being considered is that if someone is standing at the wall and having to saw through it, it delays their entry into the US. If we patrol the border, then that delay could increase the chances of us catching them prior to their entry.

If you are looking for perfect solutions, i'd redirect your attention to the rest of governance as well. When I discuss ACA and how terrible it is, i am continually told it was the best that we could come up with. No, not perfect. And in that case, i'd assume you find it acceptable?

All i ask you apply the same standards when evaluating your politics.

The concept of a wall is a boondoggle. I'm for making it easier for groups to come in and leave (because the jobs they're taking, like farm labor, are not ones we Americans seem to want as a career) - coupled with harsher penalties for companies that hire illegals. I'm for adding border security stations (I've been to the border many times and have seen the patrols there) and for putting in a fleet of drones.

I feel that this is more quickly implemented, more easily upgraded (when we get better capable drones, they can be replaced), provides for a faster response, is cheaper, does not require taking away property from people, does not hinder legal visits in border towns, and makes a permanent work force instead of the "build a wall construction crew" which goes away once the wall is done. It also addresses the issue of areas of the terrain where it's extremely difficult to build a wall (along the canyon rims -- like near Del Rio) and doesn't hamper tourism (all the fishing near Del Rio along the Rio Grande plus tourists going to see the rock art near Curly Tailed Panther, etc, etc.)

I can't speak for other states but I can speak for my state, and I know that near Del Rio, Big Bend, Lajitas, etc that the environment is fragile and there's a lot there that should not be damaged or constructed over.

Farmers and companies who depend on immigrants to do jobs others don't will have no problem securing worker visas and immigrants can come through the established ports of entry legally. They will be documented and confirmed to have a job then.

The idea of strategic walls and fencing is to delay one for long enough to be seen by patrol. As it is now...they can simply duck and cover in brush or shrubs. Tunnels will eventually be discovered just as they are now. Time and expense is wasted by illegals attempting to enter in such ways.

Drones may spot illegals...but by the time Border Patrol arrives, the illegals will have dispersed or be well hidden. Better to spot them before they cross border...preferably on the other side of a wall or a difficult geologic structure that they will have to circumnavigate.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn
Just another one-liner reply with no explanation of why you think I'm wrong?
I come here for interesting discussion with people who actually have a reasoned argument to make.
Okay, have a nice day

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

My personal opinion: we can't afford a wall until our dams, bridges, and roads are back in shape.

That said: your argument isn't factual insomuch as musings. WIthout your points being tested and costing done its no more valid than Trump saying a wall is the answer.

The two things I do know: walls are used to increase security the whole world over, often to great effect. And there is no security to save you from someone who is determined to bypass it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Do what the Hungarian military has done, a fence with razor wire and patrolled by service people.
Okay, their fence is only 325 miles long but it has worked and kept migrants out.
en.wikipedia.org...

(post by gallop removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
nothing an electric fence charger can't correct. Those high voltage ones make your hair stand up on your arm and will jump across a wet sweaty rubber glove

It can be set up to monitor a fence being cut with modern technology and motion sensing cameras and someone can be there within ten minutes to fix the problematic people.

can't we just use technology to see who is crossing and then someone can be there to apprehend them within ten minutes?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

DHS Pre-Solicitation notice for wall prototypes:

Source

Notice of award:
Solid Concrete Border Wall RFP
Fedbizops
Originally called for solid concrete. Somehow that RFP has been deleted from the government site....?

“Both require the wall to [be] sunk at least six feet into the ground and include 25- and 50-foot automated gates for pedestrians and vehicles. The proposed wall must also be built in such a way that it would take at least an hour to cut through it with a “sledgehammer, car jack, pickaxe, chisel, battery operated impact tools, battery operated cutting tools, Oxy/acetylene torch or other similar hand-held tools.”

Source

From a procurement point a view along, this acquisition has been a cluster-f*ck.

Operational requirements are the capabilities and products identified by the government as essential to a project, and which any prospective bidder must be able to fulfill. Oversight bodies found that CBP skipped some important steps in identifying SBInet requirements, such as establishing the scope of the program, acquisition strategy, and technological standards. “SBInet clearly illustrates that poorly defined and documented operational requirements…results in missed milestones and waste resources,” the IG stated in its report. “CBP’s missteps with SBInet’s planning should be a reminder of the importance of proper planning of major acquisitions and that acquisition controls should not be bypassed.”

Source

This will be a long, politically charged acquisition, even after any funds are appropriated.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

amusing use of selective quoting

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join