It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oblong Hole in Mars Rock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I noticed this rock a few days ago looking at the current MSL images on Midnight Planets it is image 2255MR0120690080106474E01_DXXX. MSL took several images just like this one but with different filters.

It is a right M-100 MastCam image from Sol 2255. Thumbnail images of the same rock have come down from the rover. The rover took some closer images of the rock by the looks of the thumbnails. The rover took multiple images with different filters again this time. There should be some full size images of this rock soon.

Odds are some natural process caused the hole in this rock. It sure is a strange looking rock.

This is image 2255MR0120690080106474E01_DXXX

This is a crop from the image that has been scaled up by 250 percent.

This is one of the thumbnails

Here is another thumbnial

I will post the fullsize images here when they come down.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

That hole would be just the ticket for placing a handle and making a tool.

Do you thing maybe stone age man was lucky enough to find one like that ??/

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

I won't say it's impossible for a hole like that to be made by natural forces.

However, it certainly is strange looking.

It could easily have been a conglomerate rock that had material there that formed around it, that then fell out due to natural processes.

on the other hand, it does look out of place and screams for attention when you look at the surrounding rocks.

In any case, thanks again! I'd much rather be looking a UFO pics, space exploration in general, Mars Rock / Moon Rock pics than all the political crap that everyone else seems so interested in! Like a breath of fresh air!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

You are so right a stone age man would love to find a rock like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Earth has " Rock & Roll "

Mars " Rock & Hole "

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You are very welcome. I am so tired of that stuff too, that is one of the reasons I started posting.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Nah, this is just...nah.

Our own planet has it's own creations, did aliens create this?

That's the Giants Causeway in Ireland-a natural formation-geology is capable of many wonders. Just because it looks unnatural it doesn't mean it isn't natural. Mars has some wild dust storms, that could be an answer, but it did have running water which is more exciting, perhaps that is a cause as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
One possibility is that there was a pocket of gas which then blew out, leaving a pit.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It could be because Mars rocks are are so old, dried out and brittle, and that some material in a rock has a different composition, that material just crumbled and fell from the rock...blew away even.
The material such as that could be other types of rock, chemical or who knows organic in nature.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I said it was a rock and that picture is such a cliche. eriktheawful touched on the probably cause above. There was another rock inside the rock when it was formed and it came out at some point leaving a hole.

A dust devil could of caused the hole? Can you expand on that please.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Isn't it a shadow?
Look at the rock above it too.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
Isn't it a shadow?
Look at the rock above it too.
There is a shadow in the hole if you look closely.

Another cool find on Mars. I can't wait until we get some good looks under the surface.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What about the face on the smaller rock near the right bottom corner of that rock?

edit on 7-1-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looks nice with the color adjusted, too. Looks like jasper / jade.

Lots of interesting stuff in that image and if you adjust the color you can see them more easily.

Here's some other stuff. I'm not big on "artifacts," but some of it looks almost mechanical:

edit on 7-1-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
? No pics in the post.
and on the site you can only see small pics.
they are hiding some thing.
or is it my linux?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
? No pics in the post.
and on the site you can only see small pics.
they are hiding some thing.

Well, sure. It was around the time that they returned to this area (they came back to look for something) that they had a major "malfunction" and stopped uploading images. They needed time to fix the images.

Just helping with your conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

It's this website, It take a while for the pictures to load.

If you click on the small pic on the other site it takes you to a bigger picture.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Did you look at the smaller pics under the big pic. I am pretty sure there is a hole. The shadow may make it look deeper than it is.

The rock above it is a shadow as far as I can tell.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What about the face on the smaller rock near the right bottom corner of that rock?

You can find faces in any picture like this. It's a thing call Pareidolia, I am sure you have heard of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
MSL isn't hiding anything. If they are, they only have a year or so, before EXO touches down and the cat is out of the bag.

So... Either they reveal some cool stuff, exo touches down and reveals cool stuff, or... Exo touches down and no one reveals squat, because Mars is a giant dead ball of rock and dust, with a bit of rust.

I'm on team "No one will reveal life on Mars, because it's a bad decision to do so."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join