It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Hell Breaks Loose in France After Yellow Vest Movement Founder Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Not much to add really as the title says it all... It would seem the French are keeping the protest alive and well. Some areas have increased in the participation of the protesters while other areas seem to have smaller turnouts. Either way the police seem to be more aggressive now.

33-year-old Eric Drouet, one of the Yellow Vest movement’s most high-profile leaders, was arrested on Wednesday night for leading an unauthorized demonstration, signaling a crackdown on the anti-government demonstrators after nearly two months of violence-filled protests.

Drouet, a truck driver from the suburbs of Paris, was arrested in Paris on Wednesday evening near the iconic Champs-Élysées avenue – a prime location for the yellow vests to gather. Drouet was detained while leading a commemoration of yellow vests who have died since the movement’s inception, most of whom were hit by cars during protests at roundabouts throughout the country, according to the Wall Street Journal.

youtu.be...

www.activistpost.com...

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
best to drink beer and mind your own business
politician do not like those that can think for the best of mankind

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Desperation has caused them to begin to strike out so as to inject fear into the protesters...
That to me says they are the ones truly afraid...
I’m proud of their efforts and what their movement stands for...
I hope they can take heart, stand firm and have the resolve to continue and succeed...
Perhaps in a way they have already won...
Through enlightenment of the masses, by standing together and leading by example I feel many eyes have been opened and realization has set in...
So I for one would like to thank them all, because this is just the beginning...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The weird thing is it had pretty much died down, the government had given some concessions, the people were mollified. And then bizarrely the government decided to crack some heads together, and now it's all kicked off again.

Very very stupid of them.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well at least the cheese eating surrender monkeys have shown some gumption-I probably shouldn't say that giving the is french ancestry is my blood.

If they need a retreat, they should head to Chateau De Carles, apparently it's my ancestors home and it's more a fort than a chateau, someone should tell these yellow vests that cake sent them.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I love the French spirit. Apparently unlike Americans they realize the system is screwing them

Must be refreshing

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Well at least the cheese eating surrender monkeys have shown some gumption-I probably shouldn't say that giving the is french ancestry is my blood.

If they need a retreat, they should head to Chateau Du Carles, apparently it's my ancestors home and it's more a fort than a chateau, someone should tell these yellow vests that cake sent them.

Then you should dig in deeper as to how the French have battled hard in the past and also present instead of taking just the Petain/Vichy example to classify the whole of the French nation pal.

Are you talking about the Château de Carles in the Bordeaux region by the way?

If so, here is a little more info on your family history that you probably didn't know :

The construction of the current castle began during the Hundred Years' War, at the beginning of the 14th century.

The oldest part is the South square tower - there were originally two of them - crowned with machicolations that support a walkway.

On the north façade, two large round towers with loopholes were built during this period. The sculpted north façade almost a century later.

It was at the end of the Hundred Years' War that Carles enjoyed his first hours of glory.

In 1451, Jean de Dunois, the bastard of Orléans, companion of Joan of Arc, who had just taken Blaye, passed through Carles, before attacking the fortress of Fronsac, held by the English of Captain Strangeway who had to bow after heavy fighting, leaving Bordeaux exposed. The capital of English Guyana capitulated a few weeks later. However, the Leopards, led by the old and famous John Talbot and called by the bourgeoisie of Bordeaux, attacked again and took Fronsac back, defended by 600 spears under the command of Captain Rouault, who found refuge in Carles.

The castle was probably built by the Carles family, who in any case owned it at the end of the 15th century. The Carles being a very large Bordeaux family.

One of its most famous members was Canon Vital Carles, the cantor of Saint-André Cathedral in Bordeaux who founded Saint-André Hospital. One of the city's beautiful streets perpetuates his memory.

Two other members of this family were jurats of Bordeaux, Jean de Carles, President of the Parliament of Bordeaux under Francis I, François de Carles and a third, Lancelot de Carles, Bishop of Riez in 1560, died in 1568, was chaplain and confessor of Charles IX. The latter remains known as a poet and familiar to the Pleiad.

In the 16th century, the military role of Carles Castle gradually faded, but it soon became intellectually and literally famous.

Indeed, the first title of glory of this house is to have welcomed Montaigne and La Boétie. Two sisters, Carles' damsels, married one Étienne de la Boétie and the other Thomas Eyquem, Michel de Montaigne's brother. Marguerite de Carles, widow of Etienne de La Boétie, inherited the castle in 1567.

At the end of the 17th century, the castle passed to the Ayde family, then in the 18th century to the Count of Saujon, originally from Saintonge. It was his granddaughter, Marie-Charlotte Hippolyte de Campet de Saujon (1724-1800), who inherited Carles in the mid-18th century.

The new owner quickly became famous in the intellectual world of the time. She married the Count of Boufflers, and was first Lady of the Company of the Duchess of Orleans.

She ruled as sovereign over the society of the beautiful spirits that gathered at the temple, of which the Prince of Conti was Grand Prior.

Mistress of this one, he was called the Idole of the temple or simply the Idole. Beautiful and very intelligent, she frequented and maintained an important correspondence with men such as Jean-Jacques Rousseau, David Hume and Gustave III of Sweden.

She received and protected Mozart, Diderot, Beaumarchais, the Abbot Prévost and was one of the very first French women to know England well. The correspondence she left is an excellent reflection of this policed society, passionate about intellectual research, very open to the world.

At the time of this great lady, Carles Castle looked much more proud than it does today. Its northern facade overlooked a vast courtyard, surrounded by numerous buildings, common, chapel, orange grove, dovecote, ice house,....

But the Countess of Boufflers was the last Lord of Carles. During the Revolution, when the estate was sold as a National Property to a former prosecutor of the Bordeaux Parliament, Corneille Macy, all this was demolished and he only kept the oldest part, replacing everything else with vines.

At the end of the 19th century, Guillaume Chastenet de Castaing bought back what was left of this fragmented estate.

He acquired this property much more for the vines than for the castle, which at that time was nothing more than a barn. He began to restore the interior of the building and decorated two pieces of ceramic tiles from demolished houses in Tunisia and Morocco.

He was the one who laid out the South terrace from which Fronsac can be seen, and over the Isle, Pomerol, Saint-Émilion and Libourne.

He planted the cypress trees that make it the main ornament, thus reinforcing the somewhat Tuscan character of this landscape.

Between the two wars, the academician Jacques Chastenet continued the restoration work.

His son Antoine, and now his son-in-law, Stéphane Droulers, are focusing most of their efforts on improving the vineyard and winemaking.

Translated from Wikipedia using DeepTranslator

From A Brit (living here in France for nigh on 30 years now) and married to a French woman with a son in the French army (13th batallion of the French Chasseurs Alpins).

Lags
edit on 7-1-2019 by Lagomorphe because: It was never really a fort but a bourgeoise demeure

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I was making a Simspons joke, no harm no foul.

My Grandmother did the digging, and her second cousin did the digging as well. My great grandmothers Maiden name was De Carle (the plural is Du Carles) and she was french so a few hundred years ago at some point my family was french aristocracy, that chateau is the only clue because it's hundreds of years old.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I was making a Simspons joke, no harm no foul.

My Grandmother did the digging, and her second cousin did the digging as well. My great grandmothers Maiden name was De Carle (the plural is Du Carles) and she was french so a few hundred years ago at some point my family was french aristocracy, that chateau is the only clue because it's hundreds of years old.

See edited post above.

I am a massive history buff when it comes to France.

Lags

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Sorry, Typo. It is chateau De Carles. I was sent photos of it, It is indeed a vineyard now, but after seeing photos of the chateaus, this thing was not a chateau.

I'm talking hundreds of years ago, I don't know what my ancestors did but I did find out that one of my ancestors died at McDonnell castle, and there is a McDonnell house-like there is a house stark.

My ancestors were badass.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The weird thing is it had pretty much died down, the government had given some concessions, the people were mollified. And then bizarrely the government decided to crack some heads together, and now it's all kicked off again.

It died down in part due to the holidays. Macron is far from done with his puppet master's reforms. He is aiming for a second term (April 2022). IMO he will try to escalate the confrontation in hope of getting the yellow vests movement to overreact with violence to such a degree that people will be disgusted by it for years to come and drop their support.

If he manages to do that his reforms will probably yield enough fruit for the rich and upper middle class to get him re-elected IF the other political parties and movements stay as divided as they have been in the past.

TL;DR: Not stupid just unscrupulous and machiavellian!
edit on 7-1-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

originally posted by: Painterz

It died down in part due to the holidays. Macron is far from done with his puppet master's reforms. He is aiming for a second term (April 2022). IMO he will try to escalate the confrontation in hope of getting the yellow vests movement to overreact with violence to such a degree that people will be disgusted by it for years to come and drop their support.

If he manages to do that his reforms will probably yield enough fruit for the rich and upper middle class to get him re-elected IF the other political parties and movements stay as divided as they have been in the past.

TL;DR: Not stupid just unscrupulous and machiavellian!

What is frustrating is who will be the contender against Macron for the next presidential elections..

Marine Le pens party have gone down hill big time, the left can't work out how to use toilet paper correctly to wipe the faecal matter that dribbles out of their hate filled orifices... and there is no-one in the center...

Unless the Gilets Jaunes can come up with a serious plan of action and create a serious peoples political party (no communism) then France is well screwed (dans le cul avec une poignée de sable) as they say...

Lags
edit on 7-1-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What is frustrating is who will be the contender against Macron for the next presidential elections..

The yellow vests have there own manifesto. It includes the ability to stand down a government they are not happy with.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

The yellow vests have there own manifesto. It includes the ability to stand down a government they are not happy with.

If they do not become a political party here in France then sadly they will get no where.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is the progression to the end of the EU. The French now realise that they should have voted in Le Pen. They won't make the same mistake again. Expect an anti-EU candidate to win the next election there. The EU's days are numbered, which means the Germans will have to resort to war again to satiate their lust for control over Europe.
edit on 7/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Shame the vests haven't taken to defending themselves against state aggression.

Seems they'd be more than justified. At least in my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Shame the vests haven't taken to defending themselves against state aggression.

Seems they'd be more than justified. At least in my humble opinion.

It may come to that if demands aren't met blood will be spilled if the aggression escalates.

Notice they are protesting government and not immigrants even though the news media have been spreading the word that illegal immigrants are the cause of all the problems, Its a good thing those French people are smart enough to see the the divide the media attempts to sow.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I love the French spirit. Apparently unlike Americans they realize the system is screwing them

The ironic thing is that Macron was supposed to be the change France needed, he was the progressive intellectual and Le Pen was the dumb far-right candidate who would bring chaos and instability. I wrote a thread titled I Pity The Fool right before Macron was elected, here's a snippet from that:

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
The noise coming from pundits in relation to the France elections has really highlighted just how desperate the left is to regain control of the narrative, imo. Almost every single time they mention Le Pen on any leftist MSM source they precede it with "far right" or "anti-immigration" Le Pen. According to the polls Macron is winning... where have I seen this before? I suspect Le Pen has much more momentum than they are willing to admit. However the thing that worries me is that there's really no other nation on Earth which has the same type of widespread right leaning ideology that is prevalent in the U.S. and that very well could lead to Le Pen losing. Despite the fact France has had more than 20 terrorist attacks since the Charlie Hebdo attack back in 2015, there is still a very strong leftist opposition who will blindly get behind the globalist candidate regardless if it drags their country into the gutter, because they are so open minded and culturally enlightened.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Let France be free to respond. "Not Authorized" is a poor choice of words.

Authority itself is being questioned. Only France itself authorizes anything. Authority has just been lost. Yup.

edit on 1 7 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join