It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homepage What Happened When A Trump Supporter Challenged Me About the Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thanks.....you took a lot more effort than I am willing to give the OP.

I'm sure he has great ideas what will work.....

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Walls are a temporary solution at best.

I am not proposing solutions. I'm saying I don't like paying for a bad solution just because it's good for someones political career.

Let's consider real solutions not the first one that fits on a bumper sticker.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie

I am not proposing solutions. I'm saying I don't like paying for a bad solution just because it's good for someones political career.

Golly.

How about creating a barrier that would not let illegal aliens into the country.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

How am I supposed solve the worlds problems?

You made a good start in identifying it. From there you have to start learning about it, looking at all the different arguments, opinions and facts and to try and weight them up. Which points stand out the most for you? Most of these big complex issues are not black and white with many complex and diverse implications. In identifying a problem you have found a goal to reach, now the journey begins in getting there.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I still contend the majority opposition to the wall is fear it will work, as the establishment in both parties like the cheap labor of illegal immigrants.

Not just that, but if you actually fix a problem, then you lose an issue to campaign on.

Why do you think Obamacare went from repeal to fix? Both sides saw a perpetual campaign issue couple with lots of government power.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
Saying most illegal immigration is from people overstaying visas is garbage.

What magical eye in the sky is counting the illegals crossing the southern border, let alone the remote areas? The two numbers cannot be compared.

The same people who kept telling us that the Illigeal immigrant population in the US stayed stagnant at 11 Million for almost 20 years when the
actual number is most probably in the high 20 Millions to low 30 Millions.

They kept trotting out the 11M year after year and nobody really looked at it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Thank you for a thoughtful replay. I will try to get back to it later, right now I'm dealing with knee jerk responses .......

and my girl friend wants my attention.

Again I appreciate an honest debate but it's hard to find here lately. Wasn't really expecting it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Actually no.

I have a life to live with plenty of more pressing problems. To assume I'm going to come on a conspiracy site and change any thing would by crazy.

I can hope to kick the debate up a notch...........not hopeful.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hey, I don't even remember links. How am I supposed solve the worlds problems?

So, your only solution is wall is bad?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That's such BS you gave back. I showed you a modern day example where a border fence stopped illegal entry to the EU in S.E. Europe and you have the gall to say that it didn't work?

You are just as bad as most politicans....you don't really want to solve the problem of illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Thank you for a thoughtful replay. I will try to get back to it later, right now I'm dealing with knee jerk responses .......

and my girl friend wants my attention.

Again I appreciate an honest debate but it's hard to find here lately. Wasn't really expecting it.

No problem.

And dont give me too much credit, I am definitely bias, so please dont take anything I say at face value.

I am not trying to be dishonest, but you know how it is, bias can affect us without even knowing it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

For one, anything to do with Trump is going to be corrupt, mafia-style kickbacks and the like.
Also, there there are reservations along the border.

Native Nations and U.S. Borders 9 Native Nations and U.S. Borders 9 Native Nations and U.S. Borders 9 CROSSING THE U.S.- ME XICO B ORDER The Kumeyaay Tribes The Kumeyaay people, made up of several groups in present-day California and Baja California, have created their own border crossing procedures, including documenting all Kumeyaay citizens north and south of the border in a Kumeyaay census. This census is available to agencies that regulate passage across the border. Additionally, the nation has selected Tecate, a historically signi fi cant gathering place for its people and a current border crossing point, as its of fi cial Kumeyaay port of entry. Interested primarily in relatively brief gatherings, visits, and cultural activities, the Kumeyaay have adopted a “Pass-Repass” program that provides border-crossing cards valid for 72 hours and for travel up to 25 miles north of the border. 18 Through practical experience and the educational efforts of the Kumey- aay tribes, border agents become familiar with these procedures and with tribal citizens. For the Kumeyaay, these procedures, while not ideal, address at least some of the dif fi culties of maintaining their own com- munity, split as it is between two countries

Linky
Many of the residents there don't want the wall. Not only with it threaten their sovereignty but it will also interrupt migratory patterns for animals.

On the issue of sovereignty, by treaty the reservations are separate, sovereign nations.

On the issue of immigration:

Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My video on this

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

Thanks for outing yourself.

yes we know many people want open borders because they know it will hurt the "evil Americans"

I hope the negative karma you wish upon others never comes to rest upon your head.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Where did I wish ill on others there? "Karma's a bitch"? I'm pointing out the fact that American history isn't all that bright and pretty, what with all the mass slaughter and genocide. I thought the pic made that amply clear. I guess not.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Your basic premise is flawed. The problem is not immigration, it never was. The problem is illegal immigration.

The wall is not nor was it ever meant to stop immigration. It was meant to be part of a more progressive plan to stop as much illegal immigration as possible. Illegal immigrants cost this country's taxpayers around $150 Billion a year. Not to mention the jobs, the healthcare, the crime. All tallied its quite an impressive number.

Its funny that so many people are convinced that the wall will not stop illegals or drugs from entering the country. But it is a known fact that the majority of both enter across the US/Mexico border. So, I guess the prevailing opinion is that if we can't stop ALL of it don't bother stopping any of it... That is an epic fail happening as we speak.

The truth is a wall will work to some degree on its own. Paired with a stronger presence of personnel and technology and the border starts looking pretty secure.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I guess it would help if the US would stop destabilizing their countries. Then they wouldn't be so inclined to come here.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Where did I wish ill on others there? "Karma's a bitch"? I'm pointing out the fact that American history isn't all that bright and pretty, what with all the mass slaughter and genocide. I thought the pic made that amply clear. I guess not.

Yes implyig illegal immigration bringing trouble is karma.

tell me, did the person you pictured also act poorly, and maybe he was affected by the US as an act of karma as well?

Or is it only the US who historic actions we must condemn and cheer for karma against?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If walls and barriers are passé and outdated, just remove them from prisons.

When I see the Pelosi's, Milanos and like minded ilk tear down the walls surrounding their gated communities I'll believe their rhetoric.

Until then they are nothing more than liars.

Just like the celebrity's and politicians that claim the seas will rise 10ft and then turn around and buy a 10 000 sq ft mansion on the beach that pollutes more than 100 family homes.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't think a proper wall will ever be built. Perhaps more fence. imo trump uses the symbol of a wall to express white dominance and to keep his supporters all riled up with something their minds can comprehend. A rallying cry of build the wall to cement solidarity to his cause, much like the "Lock her up" chant at his rallys. btw....Clinton hasn't even been indited.

Read this book and you will understand.

www.amazon.com...

White dominance lol.

You racists are funny.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join