It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Strange UFOs Actually Decoys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Of course this line of thought comes with a whole basket full of "ifs" attached. And keep in mind that I'm not talking about misidentified advanced human aircraft, hoaxes or outright lies.

But I was just wondering, what if -- in general -- the stranger, more inexplicable UFO sightings are actually a way that a predatory alien species lures out more advanced species so they can be assessed as a threat and dealt with accordingly? They're decoys meant to smoke out creatures who can understand what they're seeing enough to be nearly on the same advanced level as the predator species.

A lot of folks who have studied / been entertained by UFO stories have slowly come around to thinking that on a basic level we may just not be smart enough to really understand what's going on with these things. We have a hard time determining the reality of them, or what that reality consists of because our little monkey brains just can't parse it out. My analogy is that they're like income taxes to a cat. They're real enough, but not as far as a cat is concerned.

So if I was an aggressive alien species that was smarter than us to the point where they could move relatively freely between dimensions or transport myself merrily through spacetime, and they wanted the universe to be run their way (for some reason), they might drop by a planet like ours that shows the potential for being a competitor and do certain things to test the waters to make sure that our latest freaky genius hasn't come up with a way to fight and possibly beat them. They'd set out decoys consisting of objects or interactions with familiar-looking creatures in an advanced context. Like setting out a life-like duck decoy in a pond to attract the attention of other ducks, but the goal of this would be to attract creatures (other aliens) who are smarter than we are.

This might go to answer a number of questions people have always had about real UFOs and aliens and maybe even some supernatural and cryptozoolotical creatures, too. Questions like why do they appear and vanish so easily? Why are aliens so often seen as humanoid? Why do alien abductors appear to perform tests that are crude even by our standards? Why do UFOs appear to be only a few decades ahead of what we can technologically do ourselves?

If folks like Stephen Hawking are right, and the whole eat-and-be-eaten way of nature extends out into the universe, a species a little bit smarter than ours might be smoked out by something they see as an opportunity to push their own technology to a higher level. Or if they know what they are on a basic level, they could try to emulate them or learn to defend against them.

So I'm wondering if it's possible that UFOs, aliens, whatever, are not really intended for us. We just happen to be in a pond the real ducks might be interested in. And maybe our own curiosity about these things, which might lead to a technological paradigm shift, might also sound an alarm bell to an alien species to come and sterilize the planet before we become a real threat.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Interesting. Yet, the question is for how long have ‘they' been doing this - or have had to be doing it?
edit on 2 1 2019 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

Interesting. Yet, the question is for how long have ‘they' been doing this - or had to do it?

I'm thinking that it's just standard operating procedure for them, and they've been doing it for billions of years. They see a place, a planet, where a potential competitor might show an interest, or develop on their own, and they (for lack of a better way to say it) "manifest" these mysterious things with the goal of drawing these other beings -- smarter than us, but not smarter than them -- into the open.

Why would they care? That's a puzzler. Maybe because if another creature becomes more like them, with their ability to manipulate reality (which we admittedly don't understand), then it could in some way make the whole universe unstable. Just a guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's certainly possible.... and ultimately nicer than chucking a black hole or nasty virus (or something much worse) at us.

That super Darwinist view of the universe is a downer, but is a logical possibility. Let's hope our owners are against factory farming, despite all signs to the contrary.

Heh ... (?)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the entire UFO phenomena is an activity on deception

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
the entire UFO phenomena is an activity on deception

Certainly that. But I wonder if possibly the deception is not specifically directed at us, but rather we're trying to make sense of a much larger game that we're only tangentially involved with.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

unlikely, the UFO phenomena is game being played with us

new topics

top topics

join