It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new green deal.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You want a list?

How about the socialized medicine, or how about "the right" to live in a house even if you can't afford it.

Or how about the "free college"?

They want to amend the constitution.

They want to abolish the Electoral College.

Your source uses the term, "Democratize" a lot.

It makes more sense when you say "socialize" instead. Then everything becomes clear.

And everything I cited came from YOUR source.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And which parts do you like?
You must like some.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

And which parts do you like?
You must like some.

Sure.

End the Patriot Act.

Everything else? It's a Stalinist wetdream.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Oh, I recall the press one with media. It was the whole fairness doctrine thing where if a radio station was going to broadcast an opinion, they had to make sure they were fair by broadcasting all of the possible sides of that opinion no matter if anyone in the area wanted to listen to it.

The net effect was to make sure that no radio stations would broadcast *any* opinion at all because they knew their markets had some opinions no one in the area would listen to and they would have blocks of dead space where they wouldn't have advertisers and they would lose money.

So their choice was effectively no choice at all. Broadcast even worthless opinions and go out of business or broadcast no opinions. It's just another way to make sure that they can control the narrative.
edit on 25-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Also direct democracy is what brought down the Greek city states like Athens. Once the politicians there discovered they could more or less sway the people through a combination of demagoguery and buying votes, they swung elections and then did what they wanted with no accountability.

We're getting there no because we have a good deal of direct democracy in our system already.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sounds like the green new deal wants to give everyone a fifteen buck mum wage to make them feel better, then tax them an extra thirty five percent of their wages to pay for free tuition, free healthcare, and other government benefits. They say nothing about controlling the health costs, just that they want to have our government pay for everything. Not cool, they must have a lot of members in the healthcare field and on the boards of college.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It sounds like there are some good ideas in there for sure, and maybe some extreme ideas. Didn't most of the Democrats already beat this down? I thought it wasn't going anywhere.
edit on 26amWed, 26 Dec 2018 01:53:46 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Whatever it is they are gonna want money off you for it. Nothing can't be done without you paying for it.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Reasons why this is a garbage proposal (quoted from your link):

I - THE ECONOMIC BILL OF RIGHTS

I will not quote it for you, because it's all a bunch of Marxist nonsense that doesn't work in the real world.

II - A GREEN TRANSITION
1. Invest in green business by providing grants and low-interest loans to grow green businesses and cooperatives ...
2. Prioritize green research by redirecting research funds from fossil fuels and other dead-end industries toward research in wind, solar and geothermal. ...
3. Provide green jobs by enacting the Full Employment Program which will directly provide 16 million jobs ...

No, the government should not openly pick and choose winners and losers like this--there's enough of that going on now, we don't need to exacerbate it and shift gears, we need to stop giving taxpayer dollars to private industries.

III - REAL FINANCIAL REFORM

Again, I'm not going to quote it all, because some is okay, but most of it is just big-government controlling of things in a nation that is designed to be, although increasingly failing at being, a free-market economy based on capitalism. While there are things that need to change, adding in government control over more aspects of the economy is not a good thing.

IV - A FUNCTIONING DEMOCRACY

No extra quoting because, again, it's a mix of good things (like, "restore the vote to ex-offenders who've paid their debt to society," and, "repealing the Patriot Act and those parts of the National Defense Authorization Act that violate our civil liberties") and bad things (like, "abolish the Electoral College and implement direct election of the President," and the notion that, "we need a new politics to restore the promise of American democracy," because America was never designed to be a democracy).

Overall, though, this is a very, VERY flawed approach to overhauling the current issues in America, and it is enveloped in a mix of conflicting ideologies and self-cancelling ideals. I give them a "C" for effort, but an "F" for viability of the designed approach.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I've seen the usual knee jerk reaction by some to disregard it entirely because of cortez. But this is ats. And here at ats we should all know to do our research. So here is the new green deal.

The right to employment through a Full Employment Program that will create 25 million jobs by implementing a nationally funded, but locally controlled direct employment initiative replacing unemployment offices with local employment offices offering public sector jobs which are "stored" in job banks in order to take up any slack in private sector employment.

The "Right" to work? This means the US MUST provide a job, must pay...etc Doesn't sound good to make this a Right. Do we also force people to work since many unemployed like it that way? What do we pay for a person's "Right" 30 bucks an hour for a living wage since it would be a Right?

1. Looks like this would cost about 1.5 trillion in pay for 25 million jobs...who going to foot that bill?
2. Medicare for all... 4 trillion
3. Free school up through college..and all college dept will be forgiven? Does this mean all colleges will stop being private institutions and be federalized under Government control? 1.5 trillion waved, and additional trillion yearly.

The right to accessible and affordable utilities – heat, electricity, phone, internet, and public transportation – through democratically run, publicly owned utilities that operate at cost, not for profit.

So we are talking about the Government seizing control of just about everything that touches people one way or another.. Do you see this as good? Plus this looks to be run in the red, so once again another trillion in Government subsidies to offset the cheap cost?

The right to fair taxation that's distributed in proportion to ability to pay. In addition, corporate tax subsidies will be made transparent by detailing them in public budgets where they can be scrutinized, not hidden as tax breaks.

First, corporate taxes in America are like already the highest in the world, second it looks like the vast majorly will just signed their paychecks over to the Government.

educing homeowner and student debt burdens

Wow! Free houses for all too...Let me know so I can buy that 10 million dollar house just before this kicks in.

nationalize the private banks

Wow...lol well I guess with a 10 trillion cost per year they need to get the money from somewhere...

abolish the Electoral College and implement direct election of the President

I guess no longer 50 United States, just one big democracy...is this the anti Trump rule...lol

bring simplified, safe same-day voter registration to the nation so that no qualified voter is barred from the polls

Maybe also add to prevent unqualified voters from voting too...I guess under this even illegals should have the right to vote.

reducing military spending by 50% and closing U.S. military bases around the world

OK, but look at the uproar over just Syria... BTW with all this just what are we protecting...

So it seems at the end of the day full blown Communism is what this is all talking about. It is funny how the term "Communism" was changed to "Progressive" and now to "Green" to make it taste better on the palette, but at the end of the day we are talking 1950s Russia Communism style of Government here and just look back how that helped them.

edit on 26-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join