It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wall, A Bamboo pole, and Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There has and is much talk about the wall along the Mexican border. The 5 plus billion dollars will build just about 219 miles of wall which is a very small percentage of the actual border.. The wall is to funnel people wanting to cross into the states at certain choke points along the border..

We have electronic walls that are a heck of a lot more effective than a physical barrier and have had such since Vietnam. Trump are you listening ?

A physical barrier can be dug under or scaled over with not much effort for those who are motivated. The current wall plans are for a 30 ft. fixed barrier.... People scale walls and 5 story buildings with nothing but a bamboo pole... Mexico does have bamboo. youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

get 2 of your mates - and a bamboo pole - and post your demo of how easy this is

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
There has and is much talk about the wall along the Mexican border. The 5 plus billion dollars will build just about 219 miles of wall which is a very small percentage of the actual border.. The wall is to funnel people wanting to cross into the states at certain choke points along the border..

We have electronic walls that are a heck of a lot more effective than a physical barrier and have had such since Vietnam. Trump are you listening ?

A physical barrier can be dug under or scaled over with not much effort for those who are motivated. The current wall plans are for a 30 ft. fixed barrier.... People scale walls and 5 story buildings with nothing but a bamboo pole... Mexico does have bamboo. youtu.be...

I'll say the same thing to you that I say to every far left ideologue that supports human trafficking and slave labour for the corporations.

Israel's wall puts the lie to all your rhetoric.
edit on 22-12-2018 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yes. All walls can be breached. Everything can be breached in fact. Now, how many can breach it in this manner or have the physical ability to scale it. Many in the caravan were morbidly obese. I assure you, they would not be climbing or using bamboo. The children either.

The point of the wall is to funnel traffic. Will they keep moving poles and ladders. No. They will not. Too cumbersome. They will remain there and left on the ground. Drones can pick it up. Reaction forces and then intercept them easily.

I have built about 20 miles of walls being an Army combat engineer officer. It's not that easy to breach a 30 ft wall. Have to be in shape and know what you are doing. As for digging, again that is creating a funnel. They can't keep digging tunnels. They will use the same one over and over for a while. It's ok if they breach the wall because that, in a sense is the point. Same with the Great wall of China. When it was breached the forces would over power the breach. It works.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

get 2 of your mates - and a bamboo pole - and post your demo of how easy this is

Demo is already posted and if a search on youtube is done there are many more.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

no it hasnt

i want YOU and 2 of your pates to demo how easy it is

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

you're missing the point.

as someone else on ATS pointed out recently, neither party wants the wall. physical wall will be there to stay.

electronic? flip the switch and it's done, more or less.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm ignorant about a lot of things but this is not one of them. I blame the press for refusing to discuss with any seriousness the pros and cons of a wall without being biased from the start or anything else for that matter.

People are generally ignorant on the issue to the point they will not allow even the thought of establishing one pro for it in their mind. This is suppose to be the job of the media; to play devil's advocate, establish the pros and cons and let the reader / viewer decide for themselves.

And for the record, I would love to have open borders. The problem with that is every region has their own rules of law. Here there are juries. Mexico no. Only a judge. Here, we celebrate the LGBT communities. Iran or Qatar likely get stoned to death. Until a universal standard is set there can be no open borders.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Israel built a real wall that closes off a few of their borders totally. The Egypt border comes to mind as that wall was the first to go up.. The Egyptian wall is not some small percentage of their border but most of the entire border.. Of course the Palestinians spokes people said, "Don't build it" along their border ! The Israeli wall stopped an estimated 12,000 illegals a year from crossing the border.. Walls work regardless of their faults..but how many people would build a square house with only three walls ? 219 miles of wall ain't gonna do much one way or the other.. IMO

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

How do you know it won't do much. That's like telling the Wright brothers their first attempt to fly would never work so don't even bother. They failed a bunch of times but kept improving it. Even their success was marginal at best but look what we have now.

Border security is not an exact science and not much is known other than Israel of what really works with technology but here is the thing; we have better tech, better materials and the ability to improve upon their system. Why not try and see what is possible instead of saying no, it's not going to work, just stop when we might be able to have a lot of success.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

You are totally missing the point. The Mexican border with the USA is 1,954-miles (3,145 km) .. Like I said 219 miles at 5 billion plus dollars ain't nothing if you want to seal the border.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I get the point. A border is not needed for the entire length. Most of it is harsh terrain. Nobody is crossing the border way out in the middle of nowhere. I knew this already being former military but all the experts agree. They would have to know about land navigation, know water sources, food sources. Basically have to be a pro at it. Those people, not many of them.

Around cities though like Juarez, this is where a wall is needed. Not sure if you ever been there. I have and it's a very dangerous place. A wall there, 100 miles or so would slow down the drug running, human trafficking and the cartels. Should have been done 30 years ago. It would have an immediate impact on crime. Some would breach it but like I have stated. That is ok. As long as we have the ability to control it. Right now we have nothing really. Anybody can cross over no problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Let's look at the positive side. That 5B, will make a lot of lawyers, vendors, contractors and politicians rich with kickbacks and other
graft for those with the right connections.

Blessed to have a CAC card.
edit on 22-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

So we can say that 99.9% of the people coming here will not be able to do this or anything close.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

A physical barrier can be dug under or scaled over with not much effort for those who are motivated.

I can walk up and kick your door in quite easily, so I guess there is no reason to lock it anymore...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes it would. That 5 billion though would be money spent in the US economy. Every dollar spent here bounces around 5-6 times and generates more dollars and tax revenue. It would create modest paying jobs short term and long term. So that kid out of high school who wants a good Federal job in law enforcement and training to learn a second language they would be set. It also benefits society. Less crime, drugs, murder. There are many pros to this project the media does not want to discuss at all. There really is no con other than saying it's stupid and will not work which, is really not a con because we do not know because we have not tried to the level other than San Diego where it has had much success.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That's amazing!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The difference is the United States does not have the United States to fund it all!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
when it comes to the wall (and other activities to stop illegals from coming in, getting jobs, getting aid, ect)
I am SO SICK AND TIRED OF "IT CAN BE (TUNNELED, CLIMBED, ECT)" EXCUSES

do you have locks on your house?

those can be broken, picked, and otherwise rendered useless.
by your logic dont lock your house because it "can be breached"

do you have a password on your on line banking?
since it can be hacked by your logic do you not have one?

do you have keys for your car?
they can be bypassed and your car hotwired. By your logic do you not have keys for your car?

Hell we have laws against murder, drug dealing, car jacking, child abuse, and rape
because people do these crimes and because some dont get caught and/or dont face justice by the wall logic do we get rid of all laws and punishments?

this blanket logic because someone can / does find a way to defeat the wall FAILS when applied to other things.

NOTHING BUT DEATH IS 100 PERCENT EFFECTIVE

given the logic of anti wall people do they apply it to their houses in regards to locks?
bet not...hence HYPOCRITES

Look the wall IF BUILT RIGHT and maintained correctly wont stop everthing but it will make a SIGNIFICANT difference .
if you do nothing the problem WILL BE WORSE.

Let me end with this.

currently the most modest estimates on what illegal aliens cost the US TAXPAYER is 300 BILLION DOLLARS (probably alot more realistically) .

the wall highest cost estimate is 70 billion with a yearly estimated maintenance of 300 million.

if the wall is ONLY 25 percent effective (LOWEST estimated effective for sake of discussion) the first year savings would be 75 BILLION. that translates into the wall built and 10 YEARS of maintenance with 2 BILLION LEFT OVER.
every year after that is gravy.

now to be fair 25 percent is well below realistic effectiveness. but if the savings are that great at the low number it only gets better from there.

scrounger

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger
It will be deep.
It will be high.
It will be thick.
It will be supplemented with technology. Ground penetrating radar to detect tunnelling. Satellite surveillance. Camera technology.
It will be patrolled.

It will be very, very effective.

NOBODY will be scaling the flucken thing with a bamboo pole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join