It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how its possible?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

jesus does give a brief and quite vague warning saying that we should not trust people who claim to represent far away countries and kingdoms, wich in hindsight does sound like some sort of allusion of the contactees of the 50's-60's

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Thanks for the reply mate and I think ghost/apparition/poltergeist activity could well have something to do with the UFO phenomenon- below is Ted Phillips discussing one very freaky case in particular:

Also a bizarre English hitchhiker account here which has no bearing on the discussion but is worth a watch anyway.

edit on 25-12-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Evidence doesn't matter anymore, sadly.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

sad but true

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: KKLOCO

i agree with you. but is this the only planet where this nonsense happens?
somehow i doubt that

Probably not. However, on a grand cosmic scale, we are a relatively low evolved species. A species that has no understanding of other intelligent life on other planets. This makes us quarantined. This also sets up special circumstances for our existence here. Just think how we would change rapidly if we all the sudden we had communication with other intelligent species in the universe — and everyone on the planet knew about it.

These special circumstances set the stage. The stage is set for the ignorant earth school.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

agreed

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

So Betty ends up drawing a constellation that no one seen before with the naked eye, and years later it real. However she can only did it under hypnosis with surprising accuracy.

Yet with such accuracy she couldn't pin point any other details about their trade routes between those stars, let alone saying what being traded or how many colonies they would have.

Although I do wonder how long she was able to peer into their navigational system to be able to subconsciously draw it such precision.

Hmmm...it a tough one.

Well, what Betty drew wasn't a constellation, but supposedly trade and exploration routes, and given the nature of the "routes" that is very plausible. And, of course nobody has seen that with the naked eye...that view is 122 light years away. It didn't take years to become real, it took decades to realize that it was indeed a real view on local stars.

What Betty saw was likely a graphical user interface for an onboard computer...not unlike what Humans would build. It is very likely that Betty; 1) didn't know how to drill down in the interface to obtain anything but the most gross details about each star. So things like information on populations of planets, what might be traded may not have been displayed to Betty, and, 2) simply didn't understand their language...

What should be understood is that Betty saw a "view" on local stars from a location 122ly from Earth and remembered enough to draw a unique "image" that could be used to identify that drawing as a real view on real stars.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assemble
a reply to: james1947

Hihi.

I'm finding this interesting.

When people say they want evidence, do you think they've already decided what they would class as evidence?

Yes...I think most people have their own unique criteria for evidence. Unfortunately it can't work that way, evidence must be the same for all...which if course is where science comes in. It helps us to establish a standard of sorts for "evidence".

Scientific evidence is evidence which serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and interpretation in accordance with scientific method.
-- en.wikipedia.org...

It has been through the establishment and use of scientific method and procedure that Mankind has been able to make the progress he has to date. Starting to ignore scientific and empirical observation and data would represent a turning away from what has been learned and deliberately walking toward ignorance.

I suppose the scientific method tries to find a way to have evidence that can be corroborated and discussed. Evidence which can be submitted to a court of law would be more inclusive.

Would you class the Bible as evidence? Of course plenty of people do.

If by "more inclusive" you mean using "evidence" that is neither scientific, nor, empirical, then yes. But, science doesn't allow for the use of unrelated information intended only to obfuscate the matter at hand, courts frequently do.

And, NO, absolutely, the Bible is NOT a source of evidence!

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You have obviously never been outside of your own head, for one second. Or, maybe its just been way too long, since you did.

Relax and release your mind. You will find that there is so much more to this reality then you can possibly imagine.

I recommend an herbal remedy, possibly of the fungus kind.

lol...makes me wonder what kind of "remedy" you are enjoying...

That "herbal" is also good for Arthritis, neuropathy, heart arrhythmia, a whole lot of other things, that's just what my Cardiologist recommends it for. As for the other...it's not really a remedy, except for boredom perhaps...

As for my "mind" it is relaxed, and gets to enjoy many planes of existence where I go to play...and since I'm retired...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Evidence doesn't matter anymore, sadly.

Fortunately that's not universally true...

For instance; I would truly like to see any evidence that suggests IDH.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Specimen

no, i ain't saying in that sense, betty hill had various "UFO sightings" over the years, none wich were corroborated with her husband, she also thought her cat could fly and that she had UFO crash debris

I’m more-lesss an observer in this discussion, but, I have to point out that you’re calling this woman a lunatic while arguing the IDH is the thing and the ETH is bogus... just think about that for second folks...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assemble
a reply to: humanoidlord

Personally I think the following is far fetched:

The idea of evolution. Then the idea of evolution on a distant planet. Then the idea of that evolution producing intelligent life. Then the idea of that intelligent life developing inter-stellar travel to sort of 'hover' around places on this planet, or mutilate cattle and so forth.

But, as far fetched as it is, it's more comforting for people that the paranormal explanation.

Because with paranormal, then people have to consider the validity of other concepts. Concepts such as religion. Concepts such as God. These concepts have the potential to make us feel much more helpless than aliens from other planets explanation.

At least, more or less, this is my take.

I’m generally on board with this conclusion but I’d argue another point - that If you proved out the ETH to be true it’s possibly has material impacts (for some people) on the concept of religion and spirituality - which has been a long-held train of thought/rationale for why we don’t get “disclosure”.

This thread has some good points in it. I’m not usually a fence sitter but I can see a world where both ETH and alternate theories can reasonably live together. What’s I mean by that is, I completely buy the science/probabilities based argument that heavily supports the ETH and the timing of it “coming around” 60-70 years ago might be true in the sense that the nuclear age moved us up the cosmic spectrum a bit BUT we have some evidence civilations have been seeing things in our skies for millennia - so in that sense I’m more comfortable with the ETH because I can build a body of evidence that when taken together is defensible.

For other alternate theories I have a harder time building a case BUT I also believe that the paranormal/spirit energy is a thing and a real one at that.

So you could very possibly have more than one “thing” at play here and each of those “things” could play a role in how people perceive that which is “alien” or “paranormal”.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

how its possible? that a theory created by military disinformation units 50 years ago to mislead the ufologists (and brainwash the public with constant references to ETH in almost all facets of pop culture) is today more accepted than a flawless theory created by geniuses based on recorded sightings and data
how its possible? that mankind is so stubborn?

Which one of these 5 Reasons We May Live in a Multiverse is closest to that "flawless theory"?

If none of these perhaps a bit of so-called "Esoteric Science"?

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

its more likely than you think!

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: james1947

none of them

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: james1947

You have obviously never been outside of your own head, for one second. Or, maybe its just been way too long, since you did.

Relax and release your mind. You will find that there is so much more to this reality then you can possibly imagine.

I recommend an herbal remedy, possibly of the fungus kind.

lol...makes me wonder what kind of "remedy" you are enjoying...

That "herbal" is also good for Arthritis, neuropathy, heart arrhythmia, a whole lot of other things, that's just what my Cardiologist recommends it for. As for the other...it's not really a remedy, except for boredom perhaps...

As for my "mind" it is relaxed, and gets to enjoy many planes of existence where I go to play...and since I'm retired...

In order to understand the complexity of our reality, you have to understand frequency. We are only attuned to a certain minuscule range of frequencies. Unless you introduce other means to propel you into other frequencies (I.e. meditation, NDE, psychedelics) you will never understand IDH. If you did, you would understand that there is nothing nuts and bolts about this phenomena. This pace we dwell in, is more complicated and illusory than any of us can concieve.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

So exo-evolution is "far fetched" but magic is easy to believe?

That seems bonkers to me, but you do you, I guess.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

In order to understand the complexity of our reality, you have to understand frequency. We are only attuned to a certain minuscule range of frequencies. Unless you introduce other means to propel you into other frequencies (I.e. meditation, NDE, psychedelics) you will never understand IDH. If you did, you would understand that there is nothing nuts and bolts about this phenomena. This pace we dwell in, is more complicated and illusory than any of us can concieve.

Have you ever read the Kybalion? That was a place I started at some 50 years ago (or so). I have been a student of Crowley, practiced many of his methods and procedures. Came to an understanding of the true "physics" of the Universe. All of what you recommend. As for "tuning"into frequencies; how does an almost practical telepathy work for ya?

In addition to all that I have University degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science...but, since I'm retired, not much of that really matters any more...the remnants of a very fulfilling career and life. But, you go man, and don't ever stop...learn new things every day, become One with the Universe.

edit on 25-12-2018 by james1947 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

These so called "experts" are ruining ufology and dumbing down people who are interested in the field.

Take Friedman-now people take him seriously because he has a Ph.D after his name. Now if I presented the same theories right now, you'd think i've be drinking bong water. I just saw a SUV so a soccer mum must be driving it despite the fact I never saw the occupants.

Good researchers and writers like Micah Hanks and Nick Redfern do the research, come up with theories, and let their audience come to their own conclusion, unlike folk like that Georgio Greek last name guy who jumped to conclusions and believe their work is set in stone.

And don't get me started on bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

If you can tell me the difference between evolution and magic i'd be interested.

That is, can you prove evolution? As far as i'm aware, there is no proof, it is just a theory with no evidence, yet it's usually accepted as fact. That's not scientific.

I'm genuinely interested in the proof of evolution. Even just one example will do for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join