It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how its possible?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
how it's possible? that despite all the evidence angaist, ETH is still theory number one for UFO phenomena and related subjects (cattle mutilations, MIBs, and yes sasquatch)?
how it's possible? that after various experts (meade layne, john keel,jacques vallee, among many others) reached the conclusion that the UFO phenomena had a purely paranormal and fortean origin, we still try to worship the "experts" (friedman, the TTSA crew,nick pope among many others) that still clung to ETH?
how its possible? that after 70 years (and counting!) ufology still repeats the same mistakes that the people of 1947 commited?
how its possible? that a theory created by military disinformation units 50 years ago to mislead the ufologists (and brainwash the public with constant references to ETH in almost all facets of pop culture) is today more accepted than a flawless theory created by geniuses based on recorded sightings and data
how its possible? that mankind is so stubborn?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

It's possible because of people in power.

Control is illusory, but when you're the master of the illusion, then that's a different story.

It's possible because most people like things to be simple with them at the top of the pedestal.
edit on 22-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
We've only had reading and writing amongst the masses for maybe five hundred years.
We've only had cameras for almost two hundred years.
We've only had hand held consumer video for about forty years.
We only started really thinking about this and experiencing this phenomenon for maybe eighty years, at a large scale.

How many years did it take between the initial discoveries and experiments ad theories that the Earth was not the center of the solar system to the earth being a spec in the universe?
It will take time. One day, it will just show up in children's textbooks and stuff. I doubt it will be any one big day of disclosure, just a hundred years of awareness.
No different than how there used to be many gods for everything and over time the world kind of mostly evolved into one god religions. Now we have google.
It'll just happen. It's actually happening now and this thread is part of "it".

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How is it possible with all the expert skeptic testimony that people still believe in the phenomena at all?

I love your threads and they are filled with tales that support the ETH.

Aliens, as far fetched as they may be, still seem closer to reality than ghosts,goblins,and elves.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Or they are all different words for the same thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
it can be both. two sides of the same coin.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

It's very easy to answer your question. You haven't really researched the things you claim thoroughly.
You can't pigeonhole the entire and much varied phenomenon into any single theory, but you always do.

There is enough evidence out there to support most EVERY theory being possible. A combination of theories can even be true for a single event reported.

edit on 22-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You can't pigeonhole the entire and much varied phenomenon into any single theory..

To a certain extent that's what I've found mate although as George Knapp discusses towards the end of this interview, the phenomenon may be a human learning mechanism unto itself.

For a few years back there I was quite fond of the crypto-terrestrial hypothesis (as well as a few others) but then other aspects or patterns in behaviour come along and you realize you're right back to square one -really do think the marine aspect has to be factored in when speculating about UFO origin though.

Don't know if you've seen this presentation but thought researcher Greg Bishop did a good job of covering some of the more out there theories - all of which may be complete bollocks if the phenomenon 'defies explanation'.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

agreed
disclosure already happened, in 1969 when vallee released passport to magonia

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

again i think disclosure already happened
i really doubt that the TPTB knows more than what is exposed in passport to magonia, mothman prophecies among other similar books

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Jack Vallee surmised them to be extra or inter-dimensional as opposed to extraterrestrial.

Given the vast distances involved with travel between the stars and the time it would take to cross such empty gulfs of space, i tend to agree with the fellow.

True disclosure will never happen all the same short of a paradigm shift the likes of which humanity has yet to experience.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

How is it possible with all the expert skeptic testimony that people still believe in the phenomena at all?

because all skeptics to have ever existed only made very shallow theories about the UFO phenomena, some think its swamp gas, others think its ball lightning, and yet others think they are natural coronal emissions or air ionization
the only skeptic wich i agree mostly with is martin S. kottemeyer, he thinks that UFOs have a purely psychosocial origin, he had the correct data but reached the wrong conclusion

I love your threads and they are filled with tales that support the ETH.

wait, what?!
you are kidding, right?
the cases i show here on ATS are impossible under the ETH paradigm

Aliens, as far fetched as they may be, still seem closer to reality than ghosts,goblins,and elves.

oh, please! don't use the "too weird" excuse, if people in history used it, we would still think that earth is flat and is the center of the universe!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic to those who do not understand it.

I apologize for not instantly jumping to belief in the paranormal aka magic as an explanation for phenomena simply because I do not fully understand it's origin.

I can't say for sure it's extraterrestrial or interdimensional or somekind of atmospheric phenomena or what it is. I will however consider mundane origins as more plausible before jumping to things like faeries or demons or djinn or any other phenomenon based on magical origins.

Not saying faerie, demon or whatever might not be a name these entities go by but that doesn't make them actually paranormal.

Either way I will not assume a supernatural nature before a mundane one, nor will I assign a supernatural designation to any phenomenon simply because I don't understand it.

The reason that the ETH phenomena wins out is because it requires the fewest variables as all it requires is believing in tech and motives we don't understand as opposed to extradimensions, godlike entities, weird magic and othet bizaar things that don't really fit the scientific mindane reality we live in day to day.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

agreed

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

what are the odds that everthing in the universe would suddenly home in a single insignificant planet?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

if you do your research (note: research involves reading everthing, even the books that you hate and don't agree with) you will see that all UFO sightings have characteristics that unite them

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'll take you single overlapping unifying theory challenge.

Extraterrestrials so advanced they have no need for any of our recources are bored and amoral that have nothing better to do then troll us ignorant apes and use our world as an advanced game of risk in the process. They don't reveal themselves in mass because it would reduce the effectiveness of their trolling and ruin their game of risk.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Whats paranormal though or even normal for that "matter"?

Paranormal is simply a phenomenon we have yet to fully understand.

Given the very limited perspective humanity has as to the size of our universe, and the fact that we exist within and see only a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, just about everything is paranormal really.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

the problem is that some of the accounts that sound a lot like ETH are very obviously plants by disinfo agents

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

agreed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join