It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHECKMATE – Saudi Crown Prince MbS Sends Replacement Troops To Defend Kurds in Syria…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, well, what do we have here. US pulling out of Syria, Saudi and UAE taking up the slack. Stepping in to take care of their own region.

Saudi Arabia and the UAE have sent military forces to areas controlled by the Kurdish YPG group in north-east Syria, Turkey’s Yenisafak newspaper reported.

The paper said the forces will be stationed with US-led coalition troops and will support its tasks with huge military enforcements as well as heavy and light weapons.

First, remember Turkish President Recep Erdogan was the antagonist in the Kashoggi matter and Erdogan orchestrated the blame toward Saudi Crown Prince MbS. There is no better motivated mid-east ally to protect the Kurds against any military action by Turkey other than MbS. No doubt MbS and UAE will send their best forces.

Secondly, what military equipment will MbS and the UAE be shipping along with their military troops? Those would be military purchases directly from the U.S.

C onservative Treehouse
Points 3 and 4 at the link

True MbS may have a score to settle with Ergodan, but why UAE?

Maybe MbS believes he owes Trump or there was perhaps an agreement.

Regardless, it takes the steam out of the concern for Kurds being unprotected.

Really wondering how MSM will handle this, if at all.

edit on 21-12-2018 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe the president of Turkey knew there was intent to do something like this and was trying to discredit the Saudi government. The head of Turkey is not my business, he does not control us. He is the headache of his people. I may not like what I have heard of him and his actions over the last seven years or so, but it is not my business. I do not agree with what the Saudi government did to the journalist, but if the journalist was dumb enough to go there because he needed permission from his countries government to get married, I think he should have watched his words he spoke against the leader of his country. WAPO helped to get this guy killed, they were involved in printing some anti-Saudi articles of his. They put the nails in his coffin.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well what the bloody hell is going on here then?
UAE rarely lift a finger to help their own let alone somebody else...mighty suspicious...and I think some backroom dealings with UAE and Trump have been taking place. Erdogan has been trying to annihilate the Kurds for years, and barely anyone cared. What the outcome of this will be is anyone's guess ,maybe a change in Turkish leadership I wonder?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

True MbS may have a score to settle with Ergodan, but why UAE

I think MbS & Saudi/UAE want to confront the Iranians & Allies face-to-face as much as puffing-up against Turkey/Erdogan

the Sunni-Shia rift is growing... also the prestige of Saudi Arabia within the Muslim World vs. the wannabe Caliphate that wants to wrest status from Arabia to Turkey as the 'Seat' of " Islam" itself

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe the president of Turkey knew there was intent to do something like this and was trying to discredit the Saudi government. The head of Turkey is not my business, he does not control us. He is the headache of his people. I may not like what I have heard of him and his actions over the last seven years or so, but it is not my business. I do not agree with what the Saudi government did to the journalist, but if the journalist was dumb enough to go there because he needed permission from his countries government to get married, I think he should have watched his words he spoke against the leader of his country. WAPO helped to get this guy killed, they were involved in printing some anti-Saudi articles of his. They put the nails in his coffin.

I doubt Ergodan knew. Heck, Trumps own DOD didn't know he would pull out.

Agree about WaPo. Didn't all MSM used to be pro Saudi?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The paper said the forces will be stationed with US-led coalition troops and will support its tasks

I thought the story was US forces pulling out???

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

MSM will not report this...for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
0 n

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The paper said the forces will be stationed with US-led coalition troops and will support its tasks

I thought the story was US forces pulling out???

it is a 30 day time frame which gives the Saudi's time to get intel, stragies, identify leaders, and perhaps info on Ergodan etc.

This is a bridge being built between Saudis and Kurds.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Also from Turkey’s Yenisafak newspaper :
Why should we kill the Kurds?

But perhaps you can find the article referred to in the OP?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

True Care. And if they do there will be a negative twist.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: rickymouse

I doubt Ergodan knew. Heck, Trumps own DOD didn't know he would pull out.

November 22, 2018 at 10:48 am

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

edit on 12/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
But perhaps you can find the article referred to in the OP?

Sure - Here ya go: theconservativetreehouse.com...-158042

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Your source:

SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia and the UAE have sent military forces to areas controlled by the Kurdish YPG group in north-east Syria, Turkey’s Yenisafak newspaper reported.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Right. It was a mere copy/paste of the URL from the O.P..

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes.
An OP who seems to think that this "news" is new because...conservativetreehouse

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The source article is from November..

You did know that, right?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Those Saudis cannot fight, they'll get slaughtered over there. There the weakest Arab army in the ME. They got beat in Yemen.

The Turks won't like that either.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I also provided an example of the journalism from the source.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Nope, but I looked it up and you are right.

This sight is normally right on. But this does make me question how the hell this happened,

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That doesn’t matter either.

because...conservativetreehouse

top topics

<<   2 >>

join