It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor spotted in north metro was one of this year's biggest worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

One of the biggest meteors seen worldwide this year streaked over the north metro early Thursday, giving the night sky a light show and rattling homes with a sonic boom. The refrigerator-sized fireball entered the stratosphere above Cambridge, Minn., in Isanti County about 2:10 a.m. and illuminated the sky with brilliant hues of blues and greens as it burned its way eastward before going dark over Harris in southern Chisago County, said Pat Branch, an observer and meteorite hunter with the American Meteor Society, which collects reports from all over the world.

Meteor spotted in north metro was one of this year's biggest worldwide

If you live near the area you should head over there to see if you can find your own bit of space. Could be worth big $$$ too. If you have access to a metal detector, grab it, it may help.

probably was close enough to drop pea- to grape-size rocks with charred, crusted or chipped edges, Branch said. The drop zone between Harris and North Branch would be about 2 miles long and a half-mile wide, he said.

Video and news report Refrigerator-Sized Meteor Lights Up Minn. Sky

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Big One is coming! One day I'm gonna turn on the tv and see the newscast of the carnage.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

The apocalypse will not be televised

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

No film at 11?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've seen my share of meteor showers. A few years ago i saw a green meteor not even during a shower for so long that I had time to say holy s**t and my buddy to look over and see it, so must have been atleast 3-5 seconds. Is that a decent sized meteor? It landed in a wooded area i wonder if i could still go find it. It was heading directly down instead of the usual looking up to the sky. This was looking out a car window
edit on 12/21/2018 by 5ofineed5aladder because: Added something about incident

edit on 12/21/2018 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/21/2018 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

That's a bigun.
But chances are it didn't actually land where you think it did.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

You should look just in case. They can be worth hundreds of thousands, or even millions of dollars.

top topics

join