It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along The Watchtower (Audio)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What is Immortality ? Rock music has produced its own classics - Thousnds of years into the future some will still be remembered.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Bob Dylan certainly wrote some great songs that only realized their full potential once other artists sang them.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd have wanted to have an experience with Jimi Hendrix even when he was alive.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Best there ever was.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Jimi was years ahead of his time as a guitarist. A legend!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have often said this exact thing..

To me some kid 50 years from now will hear All Along the Watchtower and feel something.
I also think The Animals version of House of the Rising Sun has the same impact.

Finally..BSG All Along The Watchtower just because.. =)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I have often said this exact thing..

To me some kid 50 years from now will hear All Along the Watchtower and feel something.
I also think The Animals version of House of the Rising Sun has the same impact.

Finally..BSG All Along The Watchtower just because.. =)

There is a link between Hendrix and The Animals.

American didn't recognise the talent of Hendrix.

Animals bassist Chas Chandler while on a trip to America saw Hendrix playing in a local club. Chandler invited Hendrix to move to England to pursue his career. Chandler became his manager.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This has always been one of those crank it up songs for me. The local rock station before it went under played it pretty much daily.

Since he used bongos in his music you hear some interesting percussion that you don't hear in most popular music.
For instance at :39 there is a nice burst of percussion there.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hendrix played on this recording with little Richard but you can barely hear him in it sadly. The song charted at 92 for 1 week and slipped into the deep blue.

Hendrix had joined little Richards touring band and they recorded it while stopped at Los Angeles California in 1965.

new topics

top topics

join