It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are too stupid to follow airline boarding numbers Delta changes to colors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
Delta changes the way fliers board planes

Beginning on January 23, 2019, the airline will ditch zone boarding in favor of a new -- and more complex -- process based on ticket type and color. Despite the expansion in number of groups from six to eight, Delta said the new format hopes to "encourage fewer customers to line up in the gate area" and ultimately speed up boarding.

Anyone that has ever flown knows that people just can't follow directions. Many don't know how to read numbers either. I have to give props to Delta, they recognize this, but not sure their new process will be any better.

I can just see it now:
Yellow Tickets line up at the gate
"do they mean yellow on my ticket or my clothing?"

edit on 15-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.cnn.com...

Beginning on January 23, 2019, the airline will ditch zone boarding in favor of a new -- and more complex -- process based on ticket type and color. Despite the expansion in number of groups from six to eight, Delta said the new format hopes to "encourage fewer customers to line up in the gate area" and ultimately speed up boarding.

Anyone that has ever flown knows that people just can't follow directions. Many don't know how to read numbers either. I have to give props to Delta, they recognize this, but not sure their new process will be any better.

I can just see it now:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the public. As a former frequent traveler, the people who block the boarding area are a huge annoyance. They are called GATE LICE.

Part of this is driven by the desire to get overhead space. Personally, I think airlines should do away with all overhead space or charge people to bring on roller bags. Instead of charging people to check bags, they ought to be charging people for carry on bags and then offering discounts to people who check bags. Carry on baggage is what slows down the boarding / deboarding process so much.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.cnn.com...

I can just see it now:

Sad but predictable.

I interviewed a few people last week for a position... I am currently ashamed at what America has to offer for people.

One found where I was at with their google maps app but had to call me for directions to me. (I was sitting beside them in a truck at a wellsite that had exactly me there.)

Second one could not find Watford City, North Dakota.

Third one was rather pissed off that he would need a valid driver's license to drive one of our trucks.

Said I was being racist for even asking.

Just a sign of the times... eventually these people will just need chipped so they will know where they are.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The color-blind snowflakes will now be triggered... thanks Delta.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

HEY! It's not MY fault that the frickin' B and 8 look the same!

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I predict colors will have the same problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
The color-blind snowflakes will now be triggered... thanks Delta.

Some of us snowflake know how to use smart phones:

20 iPhone Apps for the Color Blind

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
F'N Craptastic!
So noone can read anymore. ABC'S and 123's.....
Oh that's right, the new generation only speaks EMOJI'S and some bizarre Stenography
Mumbo jumbo....

After that, it gets complicated: The airline used to board the Sky Priority zone -- passengers sitting in Comfort+ and Gold and Platinum Medallion members -- together.

And...

Fliers that purchase Delta's cheapest tickets will board last in a new group: Zone 4 will now be called Basic Economy. Delta credit card holders and Silver Medallion members will board with Main Cabin 1.

Ok so it's not to bad, they're just trying to organize through Silver and Gold and everyone else.

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶Silver and Gold.. Silver and Gold🎵🎶🎵

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
As I travel internationally, I got to say one thing and that is; American's have the weirdest habits of being rude on the airplane. Also, I recommend all parents with children to walk their kids to the toilets and check for it cleanliness and make sure they flush it first and for god sake, don't sit on the damn toilets.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

People line up no matter what and I find it difficult to imagine this new system will be better. The actual problem I think is the fact that they overbook the planes and there is not enough carry on space. So if you want to get your carry on actually on the plane you need to be standing and at the front long before your number is called.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Airport's fault. They confuse the traveler. They tell you to go to your gate. Look in any airport. There's not one damn gate.

edit on 16-12-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
what ever medium is used to convey instructions - however simple they may be - some one will fail to comply

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is why I don't fly ... that and my sinuses have never dealt with pressure changes well. Just driving through a gentle change in elevation makes my ears pop. Driving to Colorado was hell.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

United recently changed theirs as well from 5 lanes to 2. It keeps the gate lousing to a minimum now.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is not an issue of colors or numbers. It's the "me first" and "me more important" attitude of Americans. They could care less if there is a order to be followed. They are still going to hang right by the gate and try to walk up every single time a new section is called just to see if they can get on board first.

Just look at ATS and how many people here have the attitude of 'i'm great, screw the rest of you'. I'm sure you all are lovely drivers as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I used to travel for work quite a bit. Spent too much time in too many airports.

I would disagree with "stupid". It's been my observation most folks simply do not care except about themselves. OK....they may be stupid too

Watch them sometime. They act like they are the only one traveling. They board regardless of their zone. They spend gratuitous time in the aisle during boarding putting their bag up, taking their coat off, just looking around. Meanwhile everyone else waits. As soon as they sit down they are asking the FA's for stuff.

One time the flight I was on had to go around on landing because wind and rain were really bad. The lady next to me was angry because she had people waiting to pick her up. Don't these pilots think about those things?!?!?!

I will drive over commercial flying any day. Sorry I got ranty.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
They board regardless of their zone.

I fly every week and I can tell you, at least on United anyway, that it's not possible to board out of your group, the gate scanner beeps if you try to get on out of order, I see it fairy regularly. Then the schlub needs to do the no-status walk of shame back to gen pop and wait.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

the gate scanner beeps

Too bad it can't shock people or squirt water on them or something!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It would be nice if it launched them into space.

I could do a thread on the poor behavior I see each week from both infrequent travelers and high volume ones. The have an acronym for them in the frequent flyer world, DYKWIA; Do you know who I am?

edit on 17-12-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe I should try United next time. Do they have a beeper for people standing in the aisle too long?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join