It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate...moves to withdraw US support for Saudi Arabia in Yemen in historic vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I really hope something can come of this, and maybe Trump will back down on his veto threat.

We have no business helping the Saudis kill the Yeminis.

I don't want my tax dollars fanning the flames of that conflict, for sure!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This is great news. Even if only symbolic. SA is a wealthy hell hole.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

This is great news. Even if only symbolic. SA is a wealthy hell hole.

They're wealthy for now.

When their oil runs out in a few decades.... They're screwed.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

As long as Trump continues to keep his promise of no new wars, I'll continue to support him. Something none of the recent Presidents were able to do.

Excuse me, but Trump on the campaign trail said he loved war! This is the same guy that used five deferments to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War. Sounds like one hell of a chicken hawk to me! You must have been out to lunch when he made this statement...

As if that wasn't enough, Trump repeatedly suggested a Venezuela invasion!

Let's not forget the threat of "fire and fury" with North Korea. Sounds like war words to me!

Trump's provocative rhetoric and suggestions of considering a "preventative war" have raised concerns that he may be more willing to engage in a conflict on the Korean peninsula than past presidents.

A leader that has a narcissist personality, always feels he's right, thin skinned, likes to bully and use immature name calling, is a personality trait that psychologists feel is toxic.

Donald Trump's malignant narcissism is toxic: Psychologist

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
As long as Trump continues to keep his promise of no new wars, I'll continue to support him. Something none of the recent Presidents were able to do.

War in Yemen is sort of a new war isnt it? Just because its not being discussed, certainly not framed as is we're at war there, doesnt mean we're not.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The UAE and Saudi Arabia owe an additional $331M for refueling services. CENTCOM found accounting errors and realized both countries owe more than has been paid for the use of US tankers.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Every since 911, I have spoken out against the terrorist state of Saudi Arabia, under Bush, Clinton and Obama and the media swept it all underneath rug in favor of the money changers.

People, we need to end our support for this country.

I do not want to start another war, nor do I support the genocide in Yemen with American Bombs.
What I am saying is we need to bud out and mind our own business and not support them with trade nor American Tax Dollars nor allowing them to donate millions a year to purchase our politicians.

Do not support this evil regime.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Not sure how anyone could support Trump vetoing this. I made a thread a bit ago about how 45 children were killed by Saudi Arabia's drone strike in Yemen.

Somehow, I'm sure trump supporters will find some reasoning to support him on this. This is good news though. Thanks for the post OP.

In America, if you kill 45 children in this country, the media and forums will be screaming for the heads responsible.
If American bombs kill 45 children in another country, you get a fat pay check and stock dividends are are considered successful.

We should post pictures of dead children on this forum killed by our bombs to send the message home.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well said; they are actually doing their jobs. Trump has proven himself to be of the swamp, just a side of the swamp we haven't quite seen yet. At least, in my opinion. We'll find out more as time goes on ..

Our country doesn't need billion dollar arms deals with countries who violate human-rights and desire war. We shouldn't require proxy wars and dirty deeds to be a great country. Maybe that's naive, but I think America can change.

When it comes to the Big things, like our foreign policy, the military industrial complex, lobbyists infesting DC and the federal reserve, and support for Israel, Trump is exactly the same as the last 5 presidents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join