It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Has anyone seen anything regarding a second sun? Has anyone here actually seen this with their own eyes? Or is it a complete hoax?

Troy

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yes, i've read that Jupiter is turning into a second sun, and will have been completed by 2010. The comets that hit Jupiter were actual technology as they gave off weird frequency readings that were not related to comets. This will eventuate into the moons around Saturn and Jupiter to become earth like.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
maybe someone should try to light up Jupiter again... the sun is starting to look odd.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
cybertroy, I have heard a lot about Jupiter turning into a "second sun" -- and it is all rubbish.

Jupiter is simply not massive enough for its gravitational acceleration to compress the core enough to start fusion, which is what you have to have to power a star.

If it were big enough, it would have started the fusion process the same time the sun did, about 4 and a half billion years ago.

Here's a rough approximation of the relative diameters of the sun and the planets: btc.montana.edu... .

The Sun's mass is about 1.98892 × 10^30 kilograms, which is 1,988,920,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms. Jupiter's mass, on the other hand, is about 1.8987 × 10^27 kilograms, or 189,870,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

They're both big numbers, but the difference is that the Sun is a bit more than one thousand times as massive as Jupiter is!

Now there is a lot of pressure at the center of Jupiter, and it's probably enough to compress fission products to start a low-grade nuclear fission reaction at its core, which could be one reason why Jupiter has such a warm inner atmosphere (most scientists don't think Jupiter has a "surface" per se). Additional evidence for this hypothesis is the very powerful magnetic field Jupiter exhibits.

But there is a tremendous difference between low-grade nuclear fission, and fusion.

And the business about the "comets that hit Jupiter were actual technology as they gave off weird frequency readings that were not related to comets" is not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
xphiles says:

"maybe someone should try to light up Jupiter again... the sun is starting to look odd."

That's not the way the Sun looks, unless you're a piece of X-ray film. What you have posted is an X-ray spectrum picture of the Sun.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I've herd alot about this topic too and as "Off_The_Street" stated scientist also state that Jupiter or Saturn are much too small to produce fusion.

But lets just say as an example I take some canisters containing the similar chemicles on these gas giants and light a match what would the outcome be?
I guess it would explode and if I had a constant source feeding into this explosion I started it will burn wouldn't it?

But the most startling thing will be that a explosion as a fire ball will expand so maybe by possibility if any of this Gas planets gets an fusion started it could burn and expand to many times what it was.

Another thing is don't always trust science since its another source of religion...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
2ndseed says:

"I've herd alot about this topic too and as "Off_The_Street" stated scientist also state that Jupiter or Saturn are much too small to produce fusion.

But lets just say as an example I take some canisters containing the similar chemicles on these gas giants and light a match what would the outcome be?"

They would burn, if there was oxygen in which they could burn.

Remember, you need three things for burning: heat, fuel, and oxidizer. Inasmuch as the components of a Jovian atmosphere are methane (CH4) and ammonia (H3N), neither of which has oxygen, your chemicals simply wouldn't work -- not in Jupiter, anyway.

Besides, hydrogen fusion is not at all like combustion.

"I guess it would explode and if I had a constant source feeding into this explosion I started it will burn wouldn't it?"

No. See above.

"But the most startling thing will be that a explosion as a fire ball will expand so maybe by possibility if any of this Gas planets gets an fusion started it could burn and expand to many times what it was."

No. That is not the way physics works. Even if you had a big ball of methane and ammonia and could find a way to get about 1.0X 10^20 kilograms of oxygen to it (which I don't think you can), combustion would not turn into fusion anymore than a large forest fire would turn into an atomic bomb. To start fusion, you have to have more pressure then exists in a planet Jupiter's size.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ah lol.... I know that is an ultraviolet image of the Sun ...The composition of the sun is what I'm talking about. There has been a long filament stretched across the sun this whole month which is a lil unusual.....If one goes to this url you will see what im talking about...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Im surprised no one has posted a thread on it. ???

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Off_The_Street you are very knowledgeable about this and I guess you are right since what you state makes alot of sense now I was just wanting a answer to a possibility but it looks unlikely now....

Well I guess I'll need some Paramedics now since my house is on fire...LOL
Just kidding on my house being on fire!!!!
Puff da' Magic Dragon

[edit on 26-2-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
you guys are referring to "project lucifer" which is un-verified atm

I'm not trying to get any info on that I'm to busy with my ufo/alien/moon-base/moonship research atm lol

ya call me a freak if ya want me too but hey its my life...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
ah don't feel so bad 2ndSEED lol...... Off_The_Street always has the goods on information, I usually learn a thing or two by reading some his post.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
ah don't feel so bad 2ndSEED lol...... Off_The_Street always has the goods on information, I usually learn a thing or two by reading some his post.

I know he's good with what he knows since he has single handed debunked my thread.

But one question I still have to ask is the one one always said to me that anything is possible, so is anything possible or is there a limit to this thought?

Hey!!!!! Why is the tiltle of this Thread "2nd Sun" similar to my user name "2ndSeed"

[edit on 26-2-2005 by 2ndSEED]

E_T

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Those filaments are entirely normal, it's just "knots" in magetic field which causes them. Sun just looks entirely different at certain wavelengths. H-alfa is good example.
It's just that without filter other wavelengths outshine those details. (like 500W halogen does to candle)
www.spaceweather.com...

Especially pics from TRACE look nice.

vestige.lmsal.com...

[edit on 26-2-2005 by E_T]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
does any one posting here actually undersatand the concepet of nuclear fusion? you talk as if it was, well i dont know but u all have know idea what your talking about. fusion in a star is primarily hydrogen, undergreat pressure and tempreture, joining together to from helium. durin this process mass is lost and converted to energy, producing the light and heat we see. to get this great pressure you need a large mass being compressed by its own garvity. you must know that mass is different from size. there is know way you can turn jupiter into a star with out adding a huge amount of hydrogen, it would need enuogh to increse its mass to a point where its gravity could pull all the out side in with enough force to produce the nessecary conditions for fusion to start. the only technology that is needed to start jupiter is the ability to put massive amounts of hydrogen in to it. if these comets had this amount of hydrogen(remember what that other guy said about the mass of jupiter compared to sun) theywould have started it. remember to that our sun is actually a very samall star, a dwarf, and is probably getting down to the lower end of the mass needed to become a star

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Off topic...The was a episode in Stargate SG1 in which a very advance group of alian (look like human) that had the technology to ignite jupitor....

You should watch this episode...someday!
www.gateworld.net...

Anyway...before I watched the episode...some good source of mine basically said that the jupitorwill actually become a second sun...

Now that I saw the Stargate episode...I was Shock

PS. This second sun maybe coincide with the so-call return of Christ somewhere between 2010 and 2012...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Nemesis

Cybertroy, you seem to be referring to the Nemesis Theory, explained back in 1984 in the journal “Nature”. Nemesis is a hypothetical companion of our Sun with a huge orbit and whose distance from us fluctuates between one and three light years. During its closest approach it passes through or near the Oort Cloud, which is like a comet “warehouse“, disturbs the objects in this cloud, and scatters about millions of them, of which some in our general direction. A few might strike our Earth, and this would explain the periodical mass extinctions, every 26 to 35 million years, according to who is doing the reckoning.

Critics say that 1) there is no proof for the periodicity of those mass extinctions, and 2) no star has been discovered yet orbiting that far from its companion star. Search the Space.com website for this subject. There they have at least one article on this, dated 03 April 2001, titled “Nemesis: Does the Sun Have a ‘Companion’ ?”.

So much for the scientific approach. At the Cassiopaeans’ website they have the transcription of a séance with a similar title, “Binary Stars: Does our Sun have a Dark Companion?”, at…

www.cassiopaea.org...

This is just a short fragment of the dialogue:

A: Since you have broached the subject: are you familiar with the " twin Sun " theory?
Q: (L) No. What is it? (T) Referring to our sun and the possibility of Jupiter being a sun in the making?
A: No.
Q: (T) Okay, what is the twin sun theory?
A: Theory that the sun is really a double star.
Q: (L) Well, if it is a double star, how come we don't see the other one? Where is the other one and why don't we see it? (T) I don't think I have ever heard of that, have you? (F) It seems vaguely familiar for some reason. (L) Is this factual, correct?
A: Wait a moment...
Q: (T) They are bringing in their twin sun expert... (L) No doubt! [planchette spins numerous times.]
A: Now, where were we?
Q: (L) We were talking about the twin sun phenomenon...
A: Theory.
Q: (T) Which is that Sol is one part of a twin system?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is this theory correct?
A: Not yet, you are "jumping the gun."
Q: (T) Okay. You brought this up. You indicated that, yes, our sun is one part of a dual system...
A: Yes...
Q: (T) ...and that there is another star, another sun here...
A: Yes...
Q: (L) Can we see it? (T) Can we see it at this point in time?
A: Can you?
Q: (L) No. Not that I am aware of. Is the reason we cannot see it because it is always on the other side of the sun from us? That it orbits in such a way that we can never see it?
A: Orbits, yes, assuming it is there, however, we did not confirm that, now did we?
Q: (T) Is Sol two stars combined?
A: No. What is "dark" matter, and what are dark stars?
Q: (L) Are dark stars something like black holes?
A: No.
Q: (T) Dark matter, that I have read about, is what the astronomical community calls all the loose stuff floating around out in the cosmos that must exist because of the equations, but they can't see it.
Q: (T) Would dark stars be part of this?
Q: (T) So there is dark matter and dark stars?
Q: (T) The dark matter they cannot see because it is dark.
A: Yes. How about "Brown stars?"
Q: (T) Okay, Brown stars I have heard of. There is yellow, red, blue, green... Okay, our star burns as a yellow star because of the matter it is composed of - hydrogen, etc.
A: Close.
Q: (T) Other stars burn different colors in the visible spectrum because of the make-up of the star...
A: Yes, but not "brown" ones. How easy is it to see brown against a black background?
Q: (T) Not easy at all! That is why they can't see the dark matter...
A: That is why scientists dubbed it "brown."
Q: (L) How does brown star connect to twin sun theory?
A: Guess!
Q: (T) Okay. Let's talk about this. For some reason we have to work through this to maintain free will. (L) Is this star small enough that it is orbiting with the planets?
A: No, we are leading you to something, if you will be patient.
Q: (L) Okay, lead on... we want to know about this. (T) They just asked if we understood what a brown star was.
A: Do you?
Q: (L) What is the significance of the brown star?
A: Dark star.
Q: (L) It is a dark star... okay...
A: If it is there.
Q: (L) Well, will you put me out of my misery and tell me? (T) Wait, a dark star is dark because it doesn't give off light. It is still a star, and acts like a star...
A: Yes. And if it has an elliptical orbit... would it, maybe, like, "come and go?"
Q: (T) What science, astronomy, has described as double stars, are two stars that are close together with some sort of interactive orbit. But that is not necessarily the only way two stars can exist.
A: Close. As you perceive from your vantage point. But how would you like to embark on a bicycle trip between them?
Q: (L) So the ones that we are aware of and see can be so far apart that there can be a lot between... (T) So our astronomers have not recognized this possibility?
A: Yes they have.
Q: (T) They know, but don't talk about it. So, we may have, in this theory, a dark star orbiting...
A: And what would happen if you did?
Q: (L) Well...
A: And it, like, comes and goes?
Q: (T) Like every 3600 years?
A: Maybe.
Q: (T) And maybe this dark star also has some planets orbiting it?
A: Ok, change of direction: Oort cloud and comet cluster and sun twin occasionally passing through the former like a bowling ball through pins.
Q: (L) How does the dark star passing through the Oort cloud relate to the comet cluster?

(…)

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It seems there's a lot known about the mass and composition required to form a sun, I have no idea if all those calculations are accurate but I'll take it they are. But they seem to be based on spontaneous fusion. What about kickstarting a sun artificially? Could impact with a comet, or a man made object, start nuclear fusion? The Cassini probe's apparently carrying 72lbs of plutonium...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The mass of Jupiter is equal to 318 Earth masses, so you’ll be needing rather more than 72 pounds of ANYTHING to make it light up or blow up. Will all due respect, your suggestion sounds just as wild as Bill Cooper’s, even if you propose a load that is larger by 22.3 lb.:

“The spacecraft called Galileo is on its way to Jupiter, a baby star with a gaseous makeup exactly the same as our sun, with a load of 49.7 pounds of plutonium, supposedly being used as batteries to power the craft. When its final orbit decays in December 1999, Galileo will deliver its payload into the center of Jupiter. The unbelievable pressure that will be encountered will cause a reaction exactly as occurs when an atomic bomb is exploded by an implosion detonator. The plutonium will explode in an atomic reaction, lighting the hydrogen and helium atmosphere of Jupiter and resulting in the birth of the star that has already been named Lucifer [an allusion to the Luciferian Philosophy, on which according to Cooper the religion of the Illuminati is based, apart from the Kabbalah and the worship of the Sun]. The world will interpret it as a sign of tremendous religious significance. It will fulfill prophecy. In reality it is only a demonstration of the insane application of technology by the JASON Society which may or may not even work. They have practiced overkill to ensure success, however, as the documents that I read while in Naval Intelligence stated that Project Galileo required only five pounds [!!!!!] of plutonium to ignite Jupiter (…).”

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There's a thread about the Lucifer Project somewhere. I'm gonna find it.

EDIT:
Here's the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-2-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Those filaments are entirely normal, it's just "knots" in magetic field which causes them. Sun just looks entirely different at certain wavelengths. H-alfa is good example.

Yeah but this particular filament is different from normal ones ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join