It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Promises To Give Amnesty To Illegal Aliens Through Passage Of Dream Act

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Isn't it grand to know that even though you may live in a nice State, as far as the Federal gov't is concerned, you get ruled over by leftist loonies like Pelosi from states like California? Her and Harry Reid gave you Obamacare and doubled your health insurance premiums.

What a wonderful system this is indeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

More like get a little to spend a lot. The DREAMers are at least taxpayers. But there's nowhere near enough of them to fund the Wall.

These are lifelong residents of the US that are contributing members of society. Tying an unpopular, multi-billion dollar project to a bill that would allow 3+ million taxpayers to remain in the country doesn't sound very fiscally conservative or responsible.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

it does if 63% are on Gov't cheese

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

DREAMers are ineligible for most forms of welfare. On average they end up paying more in taxes than they receive in benefits.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Illegal immigrants are costing American taxpayers $116 BILLION PER YEAR and the Democrats want to cry over funding for a $25 Billion wall. Trump campaigned on a wall and the Senate and the President WILL NOT pass or sign a bill without it. As for DACA, while I feel sorry for these "kids" for being used by their parents. I truly believe that ANY DACA amnesty will only encourage more people to send their kids over here without adult supervision.

www.irli.org... YASAAEgLLYvD_BwE

edit on 5-12-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

link?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

A Guide To Read About DACA
edit on 12/5/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I'm ok with amnesty for the Dreamers, but fund the wall first. Gotta give a little to get a little.

Bingo! Fully fund the wall in the Dreamers amnesty package.

But PELOSI want to grant amnesty to ALL ILLEGALS who are in America on the day she waves her magic wand.

What do you think of THAT?

I'd even be ok with that as long as part of the deal is funding for the wall and immigration laws updated and passed through congress.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

But PELOSI want to grant amnesty to ALL ILLEGALS who are in America on the day she waves her magic wand.

Source?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

More like get a little to spend a lot. The DREAMers are at least taxpayers. But there's nowhere near enough of them to fund the Wall.

These are lifelong residents of the US that are contributing members of society. Tying an unpopular, multi-billion dollar project to a bill that would allow 3+ million taxpayers to remain in the country doesn't sound very fiscally conservative or responsible.

Here are some numbers for you if you want to refute with your own source.

The staggering total costs of illegal immigrants and their children outweigh the taxes paid to federal and state governments by a ratio of roughly 7 to 1, with costs at nearly $135 billion compared to tax revenues at nearly $19 billion.

All told, the nearly $135 billion paid out by federal and state and local taxpayers to cover the cost of the presence of 12.5 million illegal aliens and their 4.2 million citizen children amounts to approximately $8,075 per illegal alien and citizen child prior to taxes paid, or $6,940 per person after taxes are paid.

On the federal level, medical ($17.14 billion) is by far the highest cost, with law enforcement coming second ($13.15 billion) and general government services ($8 billion) third.

At the state and local level, education ($44.4 billion) was by far the largest expense, followed by general public services ($18.5 billion) and medical ($12.1 billion).

The study also includes cost and tax revenue estimates per state. The top three states based on total cost to state taxpayers for illegal immigrants and their children: California ($23 billion); Texas ($10.9 billion), and New York ($7.5 billion).

Link

edit on 5-12-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

But what's the breakdown for DACA recipients? Everything I've seen says they pay more in taxes than they receive on benefits.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

But what's the breakdown for DACA recipients? Everything I've seen says they pay more in taxes than they receive on benefits.

I dunno I'd have to look. I was showing why I support the wall. The wall could be paid for numerous times over in 1 year based on the cost of illegal immigration to the US taxpayer. Hell, the law enforcement part alone funds the wall.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is what I got from a quick search on the cost of DACA to the US taxpayer. I actually support allowing DACA to stay though. I just feel Trump should use it as part of negotiations to get the wall funded. Obama had his chance to help these people, but I guess didn't feel they were important enough.

Letting people who came to the US illegally as children remain in the country lawfully would cost taxpayers $25.9 billion over the next 10 years, the Congressional Budget Office estimates.

LInk
edit on 5-12-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It makes perfect sense to tie it to the wall funding. The only reason we have DACA / Dreamers is because of illegal immigration. The compromise is we will grant amnesty but in return we want the border fixed.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Source?

The REAL Nancy Pelosi: thepoliticalinsider.com...
edit on 12/5/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
If they were so concerned about it, why didn't they pass the Bill that was on the floor last year?

Or get it done when they controlled the whole Govt. under Obama?

just more blah blah blah from the same old useless tools.

Or pass it when Democrats had the power in 2009-2010.

They always bring it up when it WON'T pass !!!!! Hmmmmm πŸ˜†

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Because that's what Americans want right?

Yes.

The CBS News poll, released Sunday, shows 70 percent of Americans favor allowing those who benefit from the program, often known as β€œDreamers,” to stay in the country.
thehill.com...

Oh goodie goodie another slanted "poll" πŸ˜ŽπŸ’¨

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Okay. Show me a poll that shows most Americans want the DREAMERS deported.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

Okay. Show me a poll that shows most Americans want the DREAMERS deported.

The accurate "polls" are not published because they are very expensive.

LOL @your knee-jerk reaction 😎

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Another great argument to end all income taxes.

Out of control politicians re-distributing wealth to third world invaders for votes.

Throw her in prison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join