It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Promises To Give Amnesty To Illegal Aliens Through Passage Of Dream Act

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Because that's what Americans want right?

Nancy Pelosi is wasting no time getting to work on the Democrats’ favorite pet issue. She wants to pass amnesty for illegal immigrants as quickly as possible. They’ve got to shore up their voter base for 2020, after all.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) promised over the weekend to pass the Dream Act in the new Congress, which would provide amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. Pelosi, who will likely become the next speaker of the House in January, said in a statement on Saturday that she will work to pass the Dream Act with her new House Democrat majority.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Only 18% think illegal aliens should be given immediate amnesty; 62% believe legalization should occur only after the border is secured, and 19% are unsure.

www.fairus.org...

It's all theater

Is this a winning strategy for Dems?

edit on 5-12-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

This appears to be amnesty for DACA recipients... something I see sense in. They have never known another country, unlike the fools trying to crash our border. As long as we have a little compromise (as in, fix some issues with immigration and BUILD A WALL), I can get behind this.

I'm no fan of Pelosi... she's corrupt, arrogant, and many times just plain idiotic in the extreme, but this is not a hill to die on. There will be plenty more things to attack her about that actually are against the public will.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
For the people by the people. "lol"

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If they were so concerned about it, why didn't they pass the Bill that was on the floor last year?

Or get it done when they controlled the whole Govt. under Obama?

just more blah blah blah from the same old useless tools.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
If they were so concerned about it, why didn't they pass the Bill that was on the floor last year?

Because 1.8 million with amnesty isn’t the same as 30 million across the country who can secure an election. That number will likely increase as well with this announcement since our borders are still unsecured. She (Pelosi) is almost dead; she cares not if she destroys the US with her death bed political shenanigans.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

This is why she can only win in a loony region of California, just like Maxine Waters.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
She has to try to secure the future voter base for democrats. Top priority!

She often can't form a coherent sentence when speaking in public, but she has a plan!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So she promises to pass this with the new House majority....

She is getting quite senile in her old age, considering there are those pesky Senate and President that would have to pass it as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Well Congress and the President said they were willing to pass a DREAM Act not that long ago.

Unless of course they only wanted it when it could gain them political points.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Because that's what Americans want right?

Yes.

The CBS News poll, released Sunday, shows 70 percent of Americans favor allowing those who benefit from the program, often known as “Dreamers,” to stay in the country.
thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Exactly. They had every opportunity to do all of this but they know the destruction it would cause and didn't want to be responsible for it. Instead, they wait until they're having to pander because it looks better and if anything happens, the idiots will blame Republicans since we're in control.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: dothedew

Well Congress and the President said they were willing to pass a DREAM Act not that long ago.

Unless of course they only wanted it when it could gain them political points.

I don't think there's a problem with the kind similar to what Reagan did. I'm sure most feel that same. In fact, I would bet there are more liberals that don't like that idea because these would have to be good people that work and don't have a single negative mark on their record.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm ok with amnesty for the Dreamers, but fund the wall first. Gotta give a little to get a little.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm not reading this as that extreme, especially for her. I'm against open boarders, but pretty open to grant amnesty to dreamers. I just don't want the wall

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No they are setting the President up to not sign it. They can pass nothing except gas

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I'm ok with amnesty for the Dreamers, but fund the wall first. Gotta give a little to get a little.

Bingo! Fully fund the wall in the Dreamers amnesty package.

But PELOSI want to grant amnesty to ALL ILLEGALS who are in America on the day she waves her magic wand.

What do you think of THAT?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would actually support amnesty for all illegals currently in the country provided said legislation:

1) Securing border (physical wall and/or tech).
2) Updating and making more efficient current immigration processes and systems.
3) Suspend all non-asylum related immigration for at least 10 years.
4) Implement e-verify and other processes so that employers MUST verify legal residency. Employers caught knowingly hiring illegals would be fined at least $10k per incident.
5) Ending birth right citizenship.

If Pelosi can agree on those items, then we can talk amnesty.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Isn't that the game of politics? Tell people what they want to hear during an election cycle, then flip on everything after your seat is secured.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Citizen's arrest for treason would be a good response! The law is the law there Nancy, conspiracy to violate the law is a Felony!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So she is Anti=America after all

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join