It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Berkeley must allow conservatives to speak on campus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Grambler

I'm sorry, I would heckle yiannopoulos unmercifully for giving that white power salute... do you approve of it, bob?

play stupid games, win stupid prizes, dork

No you are right!

In fact, will you join me in heckling these other white supremacists as well?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I rather doubt any conservatives live in Berkley so who's the leftists going to hurt there?

Wow, did I read that right?

How about, "There's no black folks in my neighborhood, so declaring it 'whites only' won't hurt anyone." Same philosophy, isn't it?

Bigotry is bigotry is bigotry.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

So stop pretending you answered clearly.

Why are you being so needy?

I have answered - you just don't like my answer. It's too succinct

Im not needy at all!

I am enjoy pointing out weak defenders of censorship that are afraid to even clearly state their defense of it while they try to call other people names!

Its great fun to me!

The fact you still try to lie like you answered, when another user agains asked you flat out and you refused shows just how little integrity you have!

Please, go on, it very enlightening!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Then you miss my point completely

I think you miss mine.

Somehow I suspected you would.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The fact you still try to lie like you answered, when another user agains asked you flat out and you refused shows just how little integrity you have!

If you need to call me a liar you give away everything. You've got nothing

I believe in the right to peaceful protest

You can work the rest out for yourself. Maybe

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Sorry to jump in but have become curious during the back and forth in this thread. Is heckling considered peaceful protesting or not?

It is considered protesting, as is obvious by some of the responses. But even a child's temper tantrum is a protest. Book burning is a protest. It's equivocation at best, dangerous nonsense at worst, but it's often used to justify injustice.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What I said was very obvious. You can take it at face value

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If you need to call me a liar you give away everything. You've got nothing

I believe in the right to peaceful protest

You can work the rest out for yourself. Maybe

Is heckling a speaker so no one can hear a peaceful protest? Is heckling a teacher in class every day so he cant teach peaceful protest?

You wont answer because you can not defend your position., yet you claim you answered succinctly.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Milo speaks out against Islam.

I can’t think of anything more ‘left wing’ than opposing islam.

You know, the most extreme far-right anti-leftist ideology that has ever existed.

Equal rights anyone?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No you are right! In fact, will you join me in heckling these other white supremacists as well?

Hell yes, especially the pope or anyone else that dresses like a dork or wears brown shoes.

btw...that window light is blowing the exposure of your camera out. Cover the window and get a light off to your left. Nothing wrong with a little production value.
edit on 4-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Do you understand what the word peaceful means? I asked you that earlier

Is heckling Bill HIcks peaceful or violent?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: CynConcepts

Sorry to jump in but have become curious during the back and forth in this thread. Is heckling considered peaceful protesting or not?

It is considered protesting, as is obvious by some of the responses. But even a child's temper tantrum is a protest. Book burning is a protest. It's equivocation at best, dangerous nonsense at worst, but it's often used to justify injustice.

The question isnt whether or not its a protest, its is it peaceful, and should it be allowed.

That user wont answer because they believe it should be, and this are defending censorship.

As I said, this user would be the first to scream if right wingers went to every femionist class in the country and screamed everyday until the classes where shut down. They know the campuses would kick those protestors out, and would be perfectly fine with that.

Yet being a hypocrite, they are for conservative speakers being shouted down so they cant speak.

The same poster also said eventually we will have to break the laws in regarding censoring people to do the moral thing.

That is the mindset we are dealing with.

People willing to silence others, to even break the law in doing so, and feeling morally superior all the while.

And if that wasnt bad enough, they have to be vague because they know they cant defend their position. Which of course explains the need to use heckling to censor, because this is a person who knows they cant win an argument on merits, so they have to silence opponents.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No you are right! In fact, will you join me in heckling these other white supremacists as well?

Hell yes, especially the pope or anyone else that dresses like a dork or wears brown shoes.

I have brown shoes!!!! NOOO!!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you understand what the word peaceful means? I asked you that earlier

Is heckling Bill HIcks peaceful or violent?

Is pulling a fire alarm peaceful?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The same poster also said eventually we will have to break the laws in regarding censoring people to do the moral thing.

One poster has reading comprehension problems

Now I know why you're so frustrated

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

I personally have never felt compelled to control another person's thoughts or actions, it makes me wonder why anyone would feel obligated to.

Then what's your beef with the protesters?

Who decided that they are the ones who should be heard and their target suppressed? Why do they feel that they shoulder the responsibility to protect the public from someone else's words? What are they afraid of?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

That seems to be the issue. What is a 'peaceful protest'? To me, it is a group assembled peacefully holding signs and chanting slogans in a public, open arena with reasonable demands (a'la the Civil Rights and Women's Suffrage protests of yore). To others, it appears to include both open and enclosed areas, both private and public property, reasonable demands optional, with disregard to the rights of others and allowing for violence if someone feels it is 'morally needed.'

Seems to be two different definitions.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What I said was very obvious. You can take it at face value

That's what worries me.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

One poster has reading comprehension problems

Now I know why you're so frustrated

You didnt say this?

There may come a time in this country when doing something illegal is the morally correct choice

You said this in a conversation regarding censorship, did you not?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes, beware those who protest and advocate protesting others who are exercising their rights.

The people who heckled and jeered at Dorothy Counts were protesting peacefully.

I wish I was there for her.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join