It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Case of active shooter at school throw hockey pucks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2018 by doctorhypotenuse because: Double post

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When I was in school, the books were hardcover.
A hardcover math book can be thrown like a Frisbee, and would be a LOT more effective than a hockey puck. A book to the head will put you on the ground.

What kind of idiot suggested hockey pucks? A box of bricks in every classroom would be more effective, but they've already got books. Or did they stop using books in schools? Wouldn't surprise me... would also explain how someone could have come up with this idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: seagull

I'd say Detroit school admin ARE a box of rocks.

You said it!

Nation's school report card ranks Detroit schools as worst in the nation

www.wxyz.com...

Detroit ranks DEAD last, so no wonder they have a bunch of numbskulls leading these kids astray.
Sounds like they need to be hit with some pucks!

www.substancenews.net...

The Detroit Federation of Teachers’ Contract: The Worst Ever?

In early January 2009 in Detroit. The frozen feet of Johnnie Redding were found sticking up out of the ice in the basement of an abandoned building while amateur hockey skaters played around what of him protruded

edit on 3-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't know what kind of strangely twisted variant of the game of rock, paper, scissors weans play in Detroit.

But I'm pretty sure that bullet trumps hockey puck.

You run and hide if the opportunity presents itself and the only thing you should be throwing is both legs in front of you.

The mind boggles at such spurious logic really.

edit on 3-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

multiple rounds will tear through flesh and bone, nobody wins. A group assault head on is asking to get murdered point blank. Do I need to continue with the negativity or am I getting the point across?

Unfortunately, what you described is the most probable outcome.
The plan should include that teachers stand in front and throw the pucks first!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
When I was in school, the books were hardcover.
A hardcover math book can be thrown like a Frisbee, and would be a LOT more effective than a hockey puck.

I don't know.

I remember when I was at school, there was this cray chick who literally broke the phys ed teachers jaw with a discus... Can't really remember why, the teacher was being critical of her or something.

Point being, I highly doubt you could do that same kind of damage with a hardcover math book.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: seagull

Well now having a box of rocks in every classroom actually makes more sense.

Good idea!

Why stop at rocks and pucks, how about Ninja stars???

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"Hey hey lets go kinkasu" south park ninja episode. Ask professor chaos what he thinks of ninja stars lol

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have a tiny bullet proof shield the exact size of a bullet somewhere on my body, if you hit it, I'll be unharmed.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I somewhat agree... the chances of it happening to any one individual is tiny. But still, school shootings do occur at a far higher rate in the US than any other first world country.

But that still doesn't mean that it happens at a high rate. We also have a far higher amount of schools in the US than most other first-world countries, too.

So... it's just an inevitable fact, that in the very near future, their will be another completely random mass school shooting in the US.

It is, just like it's inevitable that there will be knife attacks by crazy people in nations without firearms, or suicide bombings in countries where that's a thing for crazy people to do.

It's statistically highly unlikely that one of the victims will be you or one of your family members... But, it's gonna happen and someone's going to be unlucky enough to become the highly unlikely statistic.

True, but let's consider a few things, here:

That means the statistical likelihood of any given public school student being killed by a gun, in school, on any given day since 1999 was roughly 1 in 614,000,000. And since the 1990s, shootings at schools have been getting less common.

WaPo

Your odds of being struck by lightning this year are 1 in 960,000. In your lifetime those odds drop to about 1 in 12,000. Your odds of being struck by lightning twice in your lifetime are 1 in 9 million...

CBS Affiliate

So, should we advocate that people walk around in personal Faraday cages, since the chance of getting struck by lightning TWICE is more than 68 times the possibility that getting killed in a school shooting is?

I assume that you would agree that this would be silly, and I would continue to argue that the notion of outfitting all students in America with Kevlar and flack jackets is rather a silly notion as well. Personally, I advocate rather benign solutions that are much cheaper and would hopefully neutralize a threat instead of only allow victims to cower and hide and hope.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I advocate rather benign solutions that are much cheaper and would hopefully neutralize a threat

YOU and I are on the same page! Check this out! PENCIL bow and arrows! Think of 35 sharpened pencils going towards a shooters face. Surely one would hit an eyeball!

(yes I'm an evil genius)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Need a stick to make the hockey puck more lethal. Or a nice tube sock to turn it into a more appropriate weapon.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Need a stick to make the hockey puck more lethal. Or a nice tube sock to turn it into a more appropriate weapon.

If you and I were in an active shooter situation, I guarantee you I'd let you go first in hammering the shooter with your sock weapon!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If you sharpen that pencil a little more and dip the tip in excrement, that's a gaol thing you have happened there.
LoL

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So if your kid gets shot while trying to hit an active shooter with a puck, you can sue the school and the police chief for getting youre kid killed, right?

I would remove my kids from that school right away, if they want them to fight shooters with pucks. What a bunch of psychos!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

So if your kid gets shot while trying to hit an active shooter with a puck, you can sue the school and the police chief for getting youre kid killed, right?

I would remove my kids from that school right away, if they want them to fight shooters with pucks. What a bunch of psychos!!!

Sending your kids to school in Detroit is akin to Child abuse in my mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Sending your kids to school in Detroit is akin to Child abuse in my mind.

Cant argue with that

ETA:
If anybody have any knowledge about law, i would still like to know how good a case the families of any victim of a school shooting, would have, now that the school calls for the student to try to defend against a shooter, instead of running and hiding. Especially when the kids only weapon is a puck!

My guess is that school would be destroyed if that was to ever happen, lets hope it never will.

edit on 3 12 2018 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If you sharpen that pencil a little more and dip the tip in excrement, that's a gaol thing you have happened there.
LoL

Are you Viet Cong or what? Poop on the pencil, now that is downright barbaric! LOL

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Running like hell is still probably your best option.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I did not say i did it, but in another life, gaol can be boring, people get up to all sorts of mental crap in such places, some of which is quite ingenious really. LoL

A lot like school i suppose only with fewer mass killings these days.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join