It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Case of active shooter at school throw hockey pucks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Ok, did you read that and laugh? I did.

This is what a school in Detroit is telling kids to do.

For Defense Against Active Shooters, University Hands Out Hockey Pucks

www.npr.org...

The police chief also suggested that a group of students could "rush" an active shooter with their pucks, creating a distraction that would allow someone else to get their hands on the shooter's weapon.

Hmmmmmmmmm gun against hockey puck......

So here's the thing, I think If I were in a school in Japan, or Amish or something I'd be OK with this hockey puck scenario. I could feel confident that the majority of student/teachers would actually defend themselves and maybe even sacrifice themselves for the survival of the group. Unfortunately I do not think this is the case in Detroit, or where I live or most other schools in the US.

The faculty union followed up on the idea, purchasing 2,500 hockey pucks: 800 for union members and 1,700 for students, the Free Press reports.

I find it interesting they had that kind of money for pucks. I would be curious how old their school books are. I could think of 100 other things this money could go toward. 100 problems that are actually happening now, you know like clean drinking water, outdated books, failing heaters, outdated computer..

This is the most preposterous thing ever. I've plenty of experience with hockey pucks, I've played a ton of hockey in my life, and unless it's traveling over 90mph+ it's not going to do anything to the person unless you hit them in the mouth or head.

For giggles, I went to youtube, and yep -- there are tons of videos of people chucking hockey pucks at each other and nobody ever gets hurt. Why was this approved?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Perhaps the best tactic for the kids, would be to get the puck out of the way?

Went to a school-shooting the other day, and a hockey game broke-out.

(A twist on this old quote: "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
--Rodney Dangerfield)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I dont like that...I love it!
thanks for the handy dandy image to help make it.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Meh, if you think about it..a puck is easier to throw, and aim..and, take one to the head..you could go go down easy.
Dumb idea none the less, especially the part where the kiddies are supposed to rush the shooter and disarm

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I have an even better idea

Let's take a note from the movie home alone.

Furniture polish or oil on the floors! I did this by accident one time, that active shooter will be slipping and sliding all over the place!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was being sarcastic lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Let's be realistic here.

Kids need bullet proof vests and kevlar helmets.

Also, give all of them guns. Then give their guns guns to protect their guns. Only then will they be safe.

Their gun's gun will need a vest and a helmet.
We are talking about "the kids" here -
Spare no Expense!!
edit on 12/3/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: threeeyesopen
Let's take a note from the movie home alone.

Yeah sure, just like how TPTB what you think.

Don't worry about all those brutal mass shootings that are currently taking place.

Instead, just reminisce on that cult classic hollywood movie that you grew watching... that'll make everything feel more normal.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Wait a minute?

You think kids shouldn't be fear mongered over all this?

How else will they be good automatons and pay the taxes?

Kids need to learn about reality to be prepared for grown up life.

And how else will we justify giving these kids anti-anxiety medications if we don't instill Fear in them regularly?

This time I'll add the
/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok but for real guys, no joke this time.

There's nothing we can do to make the world 100% perfect. Kids will get shot no matter what laws or rules.

You can make a difference though:

Be nice to people and show them compassion and respect. Teach children kindness.

Maybe we can't fix everything but each of us as individuals can touch a child's heart when it's crumbling and show them that someone genuinely cares for them.

Happy kids don't shoot up the school.
Remember that.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
speaking of mass shootings... were due for one . Christmas is right around the corner.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It's brilliant really /sarc (cause you gotta do that nowadays or folks don't get it!)

At work there is an "active shooter" protocol because that is how we are being proactive regarding workplace violence AND there was a situation about a year ago at a factory some 30 miles away and more recently a love triangle murder/attempted suicide in our town so...

The first line of defense is when the "active shooter" enters the building the person at the front desk (happens to be my daughter two days per week) is to page Dr. Black, if they are only hostile with no, visible, weapon, they are to page Dr. Brown.

If they shoot her...WHO IS GOING TO PAGE?

Ridiculous, IMO, the ideas that folks have some times...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I was thinking spit balls...paper is already there, we would just need to have kids carry a few straws with them at all times.

None that hold more than 10 spit balls, though, as that would be unnecessarily excessive. No one needs more than 10 spit balls.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I was being sarcastic lol.

Well...damn. I love feeling stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This time the "/sarcasm" was unnecessary, and your point is well received.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There's nothing funny ever about a libleftie with a gun to mass murder in a school again, but if right winger only defense is chuckin hockey pucks, so be it. More appropriately, the hockey pucks should be shoved up the south end of these lunatics to be hockey puck constipation.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Lmao yeah that should work out well, whoops I guess we also stopped everyone from escaping, yikes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join