It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I caught the flea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Some of the ads here on ATS are quite a bit of fun, like shooting the fly, egging the chef, and catching the flea. However, I seem to recal someone saying something about ATS getting fined or something if you play these too often. Is this true?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Only if it is found out if ATS was endorsing members to overclick the banner ads. Stuffing the ad results so to speak. It's a form of stealing I guess, and google and other companies do not look at this practice kindly and stamp it out whenever they see it. What you're doing, probably won't get ATS in trouble. Clicking on the same ad 50 times every visit would probably do nothing(if it was just u doing it). If say 10% of ATS membship start to do the same, Google is going to be pissed.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
lol oy, so maybe I shouldn't be posting about how much fun it is to catch that dern flea

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about? Where are these games? I have never seen them.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
they're talking about the occasional adds, where it usualy says "catch/shoot the whatever to get something"

XL5

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That is why the alexa program is probably needed.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
whenever I 'catch' the flea or 'shoot' the bad guy I wind up in a lostLand of somebody tryin to SELL me insurance

I have however found I can enter Publishers Clearinghouse from here and dats pretty kewl!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
hate pop-ups???

download norton anti-virus 2005...

thats my advice...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hate pop-ups? Get Mozilla FireFox. I'm talking about the ads that appear above the recent posts. Sometimes they're fun, I squish the flea and another window opens up asking me for my email address. I close it and crush another flea

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Dooooood, punch the punk you have to hit the little dude twice, then you get to bowl in the popup! Awesome!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'll toss this in while were talking about the adds.

Ever notice the Warp this photo adds? There is the one with the blinking eye. When the eye is closed it grosses me out. It looks like puss is coming out of it.

I hope not to offend the artist but really it makes me want to look away

top topics

join