It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Pic 1942, Interesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Something I just came across and thought it was worth a closer look, this pic from California in 1942.

If you change the light levels in the photo, it's obvious there really is a solid object caught in the searchlights and it's shape is very clear. Try it yourselves, you'll see the object's shape doesn't change regardless of how much you manipulate the levels. Someone with better graphics software could probably get much more detail out of this photo.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Been discussed on here loads before, recently even. The old 'Battle of Los Angeles thing'... If you do a search for 'Los Angeles' or something like that you'll probably find it - your right though - it is interesting.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
dude seriously look up "Battle of L.A."

the whole story behind this one is there YES IT HAPPENED you can even order the L.A. copy will cost ya $40 though

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
dude seriously look up "Battle of L.A."

the whole story behind this one is there YES IT HAPPENED you can even order the L.A. copy will cost ya $40 though

I know the story, you can read it all over the internet for free. I was trying to point out that this pic could reveal a lot more. Maybe if the negative was digitally scanned and enhanced, it would be proof that they were really firing at a flying object and the official story was a cover-up.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nice fake photos.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Owen Crawford
Nice fake photos.

Nice open mind

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Looks like it's from a movie in the late 50's. I'd have to say fake.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Some good info here...

www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Nice fake photos.

Uuugghh......... I'm starting to hate this flippin site and its leigons of mindless pricks who evidently have joined only to browse the most obviously controversial and questionable section of the site, Aliens/UFOs, and then to post the excruciatingly obvious "Uhh Uhduurr, thats fake! Oh and your idea is stupid! UhhdDuurrr..." JUST TO PLANT THE SEED OF DOUBT ! And why? Because you have nothing better to do than to try and shut someone else down. Don't post if you are just going to say "THATS FAKE YOU DUMBASS!"

PLEASE... everyone already thinks its probabally going to be a fake but for GODS SAKE you make people not even want to post, afraid that some bastard is going to ridicule them. SHUT UP I can't stand reading those one liner posts why would you even bother? That is the one problem with this site.

Why would you even bother to read these forums? pricks

[edit on 25-2-2005 by SilverStar]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Nice fake photos.

Fake? That was the photo shown in the L.A. newspaper when the event happened.

Im pretty sure the newspaper did not fake pictures in 1942 of the event that all of L.A. witnessed

[edit on 25-2-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Has anyone verified that the LA Times actually published this story?
I would expect it could be found in Library microfiche if it were real.

It would not be difficult to fake the news paper layout and photos
and make them look old. I'm not saying this was done, just that it
is a possibility. This story seems to have surfaced fairly recently thus
my reservations about its authenticity.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I bought a book in the early '90s that featured the "Battle of LA".

So its not too new.. But it may be new in relation to the time it supposedly happend.

If this story could be absolutely verified, that was one hell of a cloud of swamp gas. LOL

edit: korektid som erorz

Ex

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
People that know aliens exist cannot be persuaded they don't,
Just as people that do not believe .............

Reality is after all. only a personal perspective isn't it!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deker
Some good info here...

www.rense.com...

Not to be rude or anything, (I am rude actually), but I don't know that I have ever once found "good" reliable information on that site. it reminds me strikingly of answersingenesis.com.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well sorta looks fake but hey you neva know!!! could be tha real thing!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Nice fake photos.

It isn't fake. You can go to a library and find the microfiche of the February 25, 1942 edition of the LA Times...and see for yourself if you wish.

While usually decrying Rense....they DO have a pretty good photo analysis on this particular photo....

The military fired over 4300 rounds for almost an hour at a slow moving target and though hundreds of reported direct hits, nothing...the object just eventually flew off and disappeared....

This was before Arnold's sighting, before Roswell, etc. and remains an extremely amazing case......

Has anyone verified that the LA Times actually published this story?
I would expect it could be found in Library microfiche if it were real.

Yes, I have at my local library...(St. Petersburg, FL, 9th Street North) for the post I made on the "Battle of LA" a little more than a week or so ago...
You can also order a copy (I'd go for the cheaper postcard version) of back issues from the LA Times website (though be sure to specify the headline). Do NOT pay the archive research fee....much cheaper to order a reprint front page (the story and photo were on the front page).

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
img233.exs.cx...

little help wiith adesign 1.5

Ex

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is the result from lightening this photo
and enlarging parts
I don't even think it is a solid object
JMO!!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They talked about this on coast to coast AM last night. Someone whose dad was working to prepare for air raids in california called in. To me it looks like it happened before the air force had started debunking every UFO and they instead acted in a way that every ufo should be treated with, search lights and publication of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now I dont know to much about UFO history so im going to ask a few questions. Officialy or unoficially, was the Roswell UF in 1947 shot down or did it just crash?

Could it be that our reaction in 1942 caused them to come back 5 years later, after our world was done fighting to just give us the benefit of the doubt? After all if our weapons had no effect on this Phenomeon, they must have technology enough to just wipe us out without breaking a sweat. But of course they were probably a little more understanding than that. After all the world was at war on on almost all the continents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join