It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting in the emergency room waiting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ho hum..

We are sitting in the er waiting for my daughter to head back for appendicitis surgery.
Man I hate hospitals.
The smell....
The sounds....
The wait....

Hoping for an easy surgery.
Did I mention I hate hospitals?

Days like today make you not take every other day for granted.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd rather live in a world with hospitals than a world without. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

First, best of luck to your daughter!

Well, I'm not sure it will do anything about the smells (it might though, now that I think about it), but repeatedly incoherently mumbling loudly about highly infectious diseases like Ebola can have some pretty amusing results. It definitely changes the sounds and breaks up the waiting time.

Especially when you pull out your passport and pretend to count the days since you were last in Africa and noticed the bleeding orifices.

edit on 11/26/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I had my own sitting in the emergency room thread back in August, while we got treatment for my son.

They are not fun, especially in the wee hours of the early morning. Nothing is quick, everything is expensive, and you just hope & pray for the best.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I hate them too. I even hate the lighting.

However I am glad that we live in a time that these kinds of procedures are routine, "easy" and safe.

Hope your daughter has a quick recovery! Kids get over this stuff so much easier than adults.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Prayers of strength and wellness to your daughter, as her body mends with care and precision post surgery. Cheers to you, and browse some threads. It will be over in the blink of an eye, ATS-time!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The last thing I desire is to die in a hospital.
Let me disappear into the wild and feed Nature.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm sure that you love them. They are saving your kids life after all.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Whoa there... I think we're just talking about appendicitis surgery here...

But at least we know where you stand

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

I feel the same way. My plan for retirement is to spend my time deep in the forest that I love. Hopefully that's where I die.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm sure that you love them. They are saving your kids life after all.

Let's say we have a love hate relationship...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

However I am glad that we live in a time that these kinds of procedures are routine, "easy" and safe.

Yep. Appendicitis is damn near out patient these days. And it's a kid. 100% sure she will be fine and running around in a week or so. Maybe even sooner.

My nephew had double surgery when he was one years old. The incisions on his hips were twice as long as his hands!
He healed so fast from that I thought he must be wolverine. lol Today you can't even see the scares anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

!!!!!! Please please don't turn my question into partisan bickering. !!!!!!!

I just like having as much knowledge as possible.

Are you or your kid on the ACA?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Good Luck to you and your daughter.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was 12 when I had my appendix removed.
I also hate hospitals. The smells get me more than anything else.

They wanted to keep me another night and I got up and told them there is no effing way. I was forced to be carted out in a wheelchair (hospital policy).

My dad was in the icu for 3 weeks when I was 8. I really hate hospitals, been there way to many times.
Be thankful it's routine surgery and everything will go down without a hitch. Remind yourself it's all just temporary.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No, anthem blue cross

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Ho hum..

We are sitting in the er waiting for my daughter to head back for appendicitis surgery.
Man I hate hospitals.
The smell....
The sounds....
The wait....

Hoping for an easy surgery.

Days like today make you not take every other day for granted.

Godspeed to your daughter. I am hoping she does well with her surgery. I am sure all will go well!

Side note: Always be happy she isn't in ICU. I dealt with that for about a month. My daughter recovered completely (car accident). But there are so many kids that aren't that lucky. If you ever have any time or the means, donate to a children's hospital. It really does matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The only thing I like about ER waiting rooms is that there are soda and chip machines in them. No coffee machines though, but sometimes you can butter up an ER nurse to show you where their private coffee room is.

Considering it is a hospital, the snacks aren't high priced like every thing else there is.
edit on 26-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I had my gallbladder out a few years ago, right through the belly button, and the incision was small as a buttonhole.
Today you wouldn't even know that I had surgery as the scar is totally invisible! Hard to believe they used to practically cut people in half and hack it out and sew them back up, then months and months of recovery.

Just btw.. I could resume eating everything perfectly normal after my surgery with the exception of one single item. Just one. Costco pizza. For those wondering why, I found out that Costco pizza has the equivalent of about a cup of oil in it! Yes that is a lot of oil!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well she has made it to the recovery room.
They even gave us pictures....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join