It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flatwoods Monster, OBOLs, and The Long Strange Trip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Interesting thread.

Flatwoods monster aside I'd like to see if you could describe your orb sighting a little more. I gave some questions I'd like to ask you.

What do you think in your estimation was the distance of the orb to yourself.

What color was it? Deep orangey red? Its edges have a shimmering effect or anything else to it? Did the orb appear to scintillate or was it solid state as it slowely pulsed in brightness? Where the double flashes a bright whitish light or appear high frequency? What year was this roughly? Given its distance what do you roughly estimate its diameter to have been? You said it "jumped" or reappeared higher up in the sky each time it would dim out and then pulse back in. Can you estimate how much elevation it achieved with each jump?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks! Deep orangey red. Like molten metal. Very edge-defined perfect circle. Everything happened as if were in a clear globe.

Over the course of a few seconds it pulsed from nothing to full brilliance. More bright orange at peak.

Distance from our peak to that peak maybe 1/2 m or mile as the crow flies. Double-flash color was orange as well and lit the trees all along the ridge. Best guess but who knows on dimensions: Maybe 120-feet in diameter? Maybe five-hundred foot rise in-between pulse sequence.

You got any ideas? I'd love to hear any theories. It was very cool but a head scratcher!

edit on 22-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I know you didn't ask me but our balls were similar.

Mine was Bright orange and literally looked like orange plasma inside, now that I have something to compare it to (sun pics) in a clear, shiny, glassy, hard looking surface. Same as Gut mine seemed a perfect circle, it was maybe 20-50ish feet away and 10-30ish feet high, depending on where it was drifting back and forth over the Barn area (4 stalls and a small round pen/arena of 50 feet diameter). It floated around the arena, above the barn, and past the barn, just slowly cruising around.

I know it wasn't higher because it passed between a Telephone pole and me and between us and the barn wall, about 20 feet away and the pole top and barn roof were above it. At times it just hung there, or kinda floated around, for at least 30 minutes.

It was appeared to be about the size of one of those big balls people sit on in the Gym, so no less than 4 or 5 feet in diameter and no more than 15ish. It stopped and sat there a few minutes then bobbed and up and down, then shot straight up and stopped again maybe 80-90 feet up, split into 3 smaller balls the then flew in 3 different directions and disappeared super fast.

ETA: Oh also whatever it was had all 4 horses following it in their stalls and watching it but they weren't scared. It did kinda hang out by the barn for a lot of the time it was there.

edit on 11/22/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

Animals tend to be terrified in most such cases.. that's an interesting difference from the norm. Maybe as the Native American's might say.. you saw one of the 'good ones' that seem to have left the Earth behind.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

They were totally calm, I never felt any 'bad vibes' or fear either, nor my 2 friends. It was kinda funny because the horses were all in sync walking the stalls as it moved to keep pace with it and watch it.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Never actually heard of this episode but it certainly makes for interesting reading and makes a change from the usual bulbous headed greys! Thanks

You mean the usual bulbous headed greys within politics?

Lovely thread, GUT, and an equally fascinating personal encounter.
S&F.

The sketch of 'Rocket-Man' reminds me of something that 'The Outer Limits' TV show would dream up over a decade later.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. When you said in a clear globe was it translucent where you could see totally through the orb or was its interior opaque. And when you say clear globe did you see a similar glass like shell like Lilroanie mentioned.

@Lilroanie

What time of day was this. Daylight. Evening. Basically I terested in lighting conditions if it was in direct sunlight, overcast, twilight or night time.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

There was no glint of a "glass globe" but everything was neatly contained in the circle as if in an invisible bubble. It looked 3-D and globular. Interior pulsed to opaque---could not see through when it lit up. Deep to bright liquid-like "embers." Also somewhat reminiscent of some of the glowing sea-life I've seen in vids.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Lovely thread, GUT, and an equally fascinating personal encounter.
S&F.

Thank you kindly, Sir.

The sketch of 'Rocket-Man' reminds me of something that 'The Outer Limits' TV show would dream up over a decade later.

As alluded to earlier a high-percentage of humanoid cases exhibit the features we lump into "high-strangeness" and as such are, as you point out, very Outer Limits by nature. Cool.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Remember this was 35+ years ago so time wise maybe 8 or 9 pm? 100% for sure tho is was as pitch black, night time as you can get in Reseda/Tarzana. You're in LA I think, so I'm assuming you know where I'm talking about. It was in an older neighborhood, around Vanowen, Reseda Blvd and Tampa area. I can't remember for sure but it was right by my school which was Tampa and Topham.

ETA: This would have been 1980-1983 time wise too.

edit on 11/24/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

Used to live in van nuys, was born in tarzana. Hung out in that neighbourhood you're describing. Had some good memories around there.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Then you know the old areas around there that had horses back then. It was in that square somewhere lol!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think the flatwoods monster was a moonshiner operation. Too much of the description reminds me of a shiner furnace.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I was at a camp site celebrating a birthday with my gf, dog and friend who invited me(was their families outting).

I had like three beers max after dinner and when it was getting dark and the fire was dying down I called it a night, my gf was already in the tent waiting a good couple of mins.

At that time I smoked cigarettes and wanted to walk the dog before getting in the tent.

It was least 3a.m at this point, I enjoy my alone time with my various animals so we were just walking a short path I discovered in the day time, it was silent and looking back I find it strange I noticed the lack of bugs or other night creatures sounds but just kept walking.

My dog is a big dog who is protective of his 'pack', I rescued him from a very dark situation.

He went to do his business off the trail, and he came back and just kind of sat down and wouldn't move. I just figured he wanted to sit for a min and took the opportunity to finish my smoke and look at the stars.

RIGHT above me was a basketball sized orange orb, looking exactly the way you discribed. Very liquid looking. I was stunned and after a few seconds it bobbed off into the trees at a slow pace.

Never seen anything like that before. Didn't feel
scary or anything, just strange.

My now sleeping gf was uninterested and that's basically it.

Funny they seem to be seen in the woods alot.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I know you know my stories but figured I would add after seeing your questions.

My sister and I when we were young saw red and blue balls together that had a glass shell and only the liquid moved/glowed inside and unlike the orange orb seemed organic

My family had a house in the country next to a corn field and my sister and I would play out side allot and these balls circlded us then hit off into the corn field

My memory ends there.

I had a dream of this event a few times and recently when my sister was in town jokingly told her my dream and she confirmed that it did in fact happen.

They didn't seem nasty like the skinwalker orbs, but they didn't seem nice or unintrested. She doesn't remember what happened after they swung around us into the corn.

Might be a strange shared memory or whatever but she finished the story the way I remember it.

Only seen the red and blue and orange once and never again
edit on 25-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3Funny they seem to be seen in the woods alot.

The hills too where people are rare. They seem to stay away from major human settlements like they are generally trying to keep to their own or something and keep safe away from humanity. Who can blame them?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3 saw red and blue balls together that had a glass shell and only the liquid moved/glowed inside and unlike the orange orb seemed organic

Only seen the red and blue and orange once and never again

Interesting you saw a blue and red. Pretty rare

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

They radiated for lack of a better word thought and intentions and were booking it.

I saw them coming, they were dancing around each other as they moved in a straight line toward the corn feild, and seemed to deviate off course to circle my sister and i, then at the same high speed and course were off.

I can't remember anymore than that, and my dream always ends there as well. I don't think anything sinister happened but it has stuck with us both.

They seemed curious, but not to be messed with.
edit on 25-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3 they were dancing around each other as they moved in a straight line

Did they appear to be having fun? Like kids playing tag?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3They radiated for lack of a better word thought and intentions and were booking it.

Can you explain this please Penroc3 I don't follow but my brain is getting old

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join