It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flatwoods Monster, OBOLs, and The Long Strange Trip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The orange orb didn't have a feeling and I didn't k ow it was there. I would have missed it if I hadn't looked up when I did.

The red and blue orbs I could sense them coming and watched them close the gap across the lawn

when they were close it almost felt like they were in my head. Not to be nasty but rather to look around.

As far as them playing, no they seemed to be all business and were on their way somewhere and just happened to stumble across my sister and I.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
I think the flatwoods monster was a moonshiner operation. Too much of the description reminds me of a shiner furnace.

Well that's an interesting take and I'd have to say a valid hat to throw in the ring. Weirder 'shiner stories have happened heh.

They would've had to get it and the evidence out of there pretty quick though.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Keep in mind the red and blue ones I saw when I was 12max so who knows what they were really up to

The only other story I've read that has even been close is the skinsalker blue orbs, but they said they seemed nasty. I've never read about red ones
edit on 25-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Many thanks for the info Penroc3
Hope you don't mind me asking these questions there isn't a day where I don't think about the sightings gone by and yours is a very interesting account, especially the lesser seen coloured types. It's also most interesting how you relate to these orbs being different to the amber orange type. Totally agree there, they do seem to act differently even look different in their centres. Their flight manners also seem different, amber orange type seem a bit more wobbly and not very sure footed almost flexing or shape shifting slightly as they rotate on their axis and the innards swirl away inside. White types, blue, green, red, yellow, all seem much more stable in flight in comparison to the amber orange type, indeed the white type can do some amazing things in full flight. Had one in the distance and watched it in flight then it shot towards us like so fast and stopped in an instant about two feet from our heads eye height remaining totally still.............. Totally nuts and it was only the size of a golf ball rather than the standard basketball size.

Would you let on where you saw these orbs, like just the county or nearest town maybe?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing, penroc.
Whatever the pulsating orbs are they seem to be undeniable.

Speaking of blue orbs, they seem to come up in different sorts of high strangeness events. I'm always reminded of Joe Firmage's experience who at the time was CEO of major Silicon Valley start-up USWeb:

The next morning at his home in Los Gatos, his alarm buzzed at 6. But instead of getting up to go to the gym, Firmage rolled over and hit the snooze button. As he lay there half-slumbering, an image appeared over his bed, a bearded gentleman with a dark brown head of hair.

“Why have you called me here?” the being asked, clearly irritated.
“I want to travel in space,” answered the astonished Firmage, who spoke without a moment’s deliberation, as if in a dream.
The fellow remained nonplussed. “Why should you be granted the opportunity?”
“Because I’m willing to die for it!”

Then, says Firmage, the man produced a sphere, an electric blue ball about the size of a cantaloupe, which entered Firmage’s body, taking command of his muscles and producing unimaginable waves of uber-orgasmic ecstasy.

As you might expect, Firmage greeted the day feeling rather light on his feet. Which was a good thing, because the Asian currency crisis was unfolding just as USWeb’s pre-IPO road show was set to begin. But Firmage came through with flying colors — USWeb raised $50 million — all the while secretly nursing memories of his baffling encounter. “Anybody you’d talk to prior to this whole escapade would describe me as about the most rigorously logical, analytic type you could possible meet,” he says. “So for me this was a particularly profound experience, because it was inexplicable.”

Nonetheless, Firmage’s visionary experience did not exactly appear out of thin air. A descendent of Brigham Young, Firmage was raised a Mormon, and grew up hearing tales of the otherworldly humans who led the young Joseph Smith to the golden plates he translated into the Book of Mormon. And though Firmage abandoned his faith at age 15, the precociously intelligent boy brought rather religious emotions to his new worldview of science, feelings of cosmic awe that he traces to that defining moment of his generation: Star Wars. But SF wasn’t enough. What really sealed his galactic passions was Carl Sagan’s Cosmos series. “It was beautiful and it was science, and therefore it was real, far more real than religion to me.”

link

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I agree with the orange ones, I believe some of them are made by defense contractors as small spy drones made to follow a target. Some may not be how ever. The o e I saw was very calm.

I have no idea it was a foot or so above me but when it left it did so like you discribe, it was wobbly and bobbed up and down at a very sedate pass.

Did you happen to see a 'ufo' with your white one?

Some if the black triangular shaped craft(I don't call them UFOs because that automatically means ET in some peoples mind) have some pretty cool tricks that can take the shape and color(usually more blue) of a small plasma ball they have control over and move like you discribe.

I don't give to much detail about the triangel ones because it's a good way to see if the person saw what I saw or is telling the truth.

All of my sightings if the orbs we're in upstate New York near the city of Rochester

The camping one was at a random camp site about 40 mins from my house so I don't really know the name of the town.

And I don't mind sharing my story, i think stories like it should be out there and it's rare I get a chance to tell it

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

Did you happen to see a 'ufo' with your white one?

Blimey I thought you were in Wales UK for some reason
Think it is the name. Was wondering about if your sighting was on or close to the major routes on the the British energy grid hence asking for location.

Regarding seeing a ufo with the white ones, er not really the standard white ones experienced a few times over the decades. The one time the orbs went hand in hand or were a precursor to a mothership sighting was when we were totally encircled above us by about 24 orbs in a perfect circle and they were all in pairs, like two green two blue two white two yellow etc, all in a perfect circle. These were preceded though by a white type as you asked but it was no standard white type like in other previous experiences, this was an angle grinder white type that was emitting like molten metal aprks just like an angle grinder, then it drifted about three feet away as the emission stopped and changed its white colour into the holiest whitest brightest most beautiful white I ever experienced in life, total angelic white light..................... Then the orbs above our head (standard and different coloured types in pairs) then this was when we heard the roar of a radiant white mothership (almost animal like roar like elephant or something) massive radiant white solid slab block like enormous and flew over us four times before zooming off. Not triangular though just a rectangular shape, so flippin strange. As it zoomed away and disappeared two red type orbs were zooming about above us with like searchlights scanning the ground, that's when we ran away but our path was blocked by a hexagonal yellow type like one of our fifty pence pieces, very bright yellow too and as it moved forward towards us the top left then top right moved sort of flexed almost like human shoulders move
We flashed our torch at it three times and it moved out of our way. We paced it away from there like sprinters on the track. The final part as we ran we were crop sprayed (somebody said on here it might be a mothership's radioation discharge as it moves from one dimension to another) by a very fine candy floss type substance, very fine cotton wool stuff that slowly descended from the sky and dissolved on settling.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My first post on ATS and for good reason, as I've been on here lurking for years

In 1973, at 13 years old, I had an experience with an OBOL in NE Ohio that lasted over an hour, and had numerous witnesses besides myself.
Years ago I filed a report with MUFON and never heard back from them.
At times we were less than 20 feet from the sphere. While it seemed to terrify some of the witnesses that were older than me, it never caused great fear with me, even at the time of the event.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DanByers

Hey that's very cool, Dan. It's neat finding others and sharing stories. It also seems to be the number one classic ufo sighting of all time periods.

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your own experience. I'd love to hear more about it if you have anything to add.

edit on 25-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Sure. Why not
Myself and friend Brian were the youngest of a group of boys that went into the nearby woods in mid-July of 1973 to camp and party. I remember it was shorty after the 4th as we had some fireworks to light off, along with ample beer and food.
The other boys were in their late teens. Brian's older brother agreed to let us hang and party with them. There were around a dozen people all told, not an unusual size for a weekend overnight party.
Each of us had told our parents we were staying over with someone else, a common ploy when we camped overnight. The spot was less than 1/2 mile from home, in a densely wooded area bordered by developed streets on three sides and a creek on the forth. There were rope swings and stuff like that along the creek. The woods were intersected by trails that we had formed from years of riding our mini bikes back there.
The party spot was in a large stand of pines, well protected from wind, and had two large holes dug where kegs of beer were transported back on Radio Flyer wagons along with ice. I don't recall whether there was a keg there that night or just bottles.
The firepit area was surrounded by felled large logs for seats, some crudely carved with hatchets into chair shapes.
At one point, after midnight, one of the older boys said something akin to "what's that?...looks like another fire burning deeper into the woods". Thinking perhaps another rival group had invaded "our" woods and were partying, a group of us got up and walked/stumbled through the woods towards the flickering light. Brian and I at the front. No flashlights. Most were fairly inebriated.
As we got closer and were walking out of the pine area, it became clearer that the light was not at ground level. As we came out of the dense pines into an area of old growth trees, we saw an ball of light, perhaps 6-8 feet in diameter, slowly and completely silently floating through the woods, just under treetop level. It was wobbling slightly as it weaved it's way along.
As I stood there slackjawed I remember clearly Brian's older brother and several others now coming directly onto the scene and freaking out. I men totally freaking out. The noise from that group grew from a murmur as the got closer to shout and yelling "what in the # IS that thing?" "Jesus..what is it?" and such. One kid was on his knees crying I remember.
As they were shouting out to each other, the ball stopped moving slowly away and starting vibrating I recall. At least I thought it was vibrating as the image was blurred and there was a loud humming noise. THAT triggered several others who were freaking to yell out and run away.
At that time the ball started heading back in the direction it came from, back towards out group. Still vibrating and humming. I grabbed Brian and we dove behind a thick bunch of bushes and hit the deck. You could hear others tearing away through the woods uncontrolled, screaming. The ball of light didn't seem to notice Brian and I and followed the group of kids that were bolting back towards our camp area.
After a minute, the ball stopped humming and started back to floating quietly along, coming right back towards where Brian and I lay hidden.
It floated right past us and while looking up at it I remember having to look t it between fingers of a hand held up to be able to discern any real details. It was that bright! As it continued through the trees, now further along, we got up and started to follow it. It cam to Mud Brook, the creek we knew well and then turned and went down along the creek a ways and then across the creek into the next section of woods. As Brian and I came out by the creek to where we saw it clearly and there was nothing between it and ourselves, it once again started the humming and shaking and headed towards us.
We ran back a bit along a trail that runs along the creek, and once out of sight of it, we waded into the creek and hid under brush along the bank. We never saw it come back, so after a few minutes climbed out and walked slowly to where we had last seen it. There it was, further along now, now crossing an open area by a Gun Club where skeet shooting was done. Not wanting to be seen again, we hung further back, just keeping it in sight.
Eventually, it came out towards an abandoned apple orchard that ran alongside a fairly main road. It emerged from the woods and started doing circles around the old gnarly apples trees.
At this time Brian excitedly announced to me that he was going to run home and get his Dad. I told him that I wished he would stay, but he bolted and I could see him skirting the edge of the orchard, behind the old fencing that surrounded it.
It seemed like forever (1/2 mile each way to Brian's house...and remember it's nearly 1am by this time...and we weren't supposed to be out camping) but Brian and his Dad came out of the woods behind me. His Dad was pissed off that Brian had lied and started right away to threaten to tell my parents as well when he first saw the all of light, still wandering around the trees, now further down in the orchard, perhaps 50 yards away. I walked with him along the fence until it was MUCH closer and again, it started with the noise and vibration. When that happened Brian's Dad freaked out, used some colorful language, grabbed Brian and I by the arms and started to try to pull us away from it.
At that moment, the noise was gone and we looked at the ball. It then shot straight up into the sky, and sat high enough that it looked like n incredibly bright star. We all just stood there stunned, then there was a flash of light and the ball seemed to break into two objects. One the whitish ball and the other a red ball. As soon as they separated, the white light shot straight up, leaving a trail, and the red object floated down beyond the horizon, looking like a leaf falling as it floated down, tipping left to right.
We walked most of the way to Brian's house in silence. When we got there he said it was OK for me to spend the night (it's where I was supposed to be) and we begged him to call the police. He did. The police admitted receiving several calls about weird light, but basically asked him "what do you want us to do about it?"

This was never again mentioned between our group of friends. That area was abandoned pretty much by all of us after that.
Fast forward to several years ago. I was sitting after work at a local tavern having a beer and dinner when a guy approached me. "Dan Byers?" he asked...yep..that's me. Sorry I don't recognize you.
It was Brian. He bought me a beer. We had not spoken since HS graduation in 1978.
We talked about our lives, and how both of us had son's playing high-level baseball. It was nice.
But you KNOW what was on my mind....ALL that was on my mind.
So I dropped the bomb. "brian, do you ever think about that night in the woods behind Kreigers?" (a local ranch market located on a corner near the wooded area)
"What?' was his reply. I repeated myself, stating that surely he remembered that night, as it was so important to me.
"I'd rather not talk about it" was his response.
I pushed it more and started talking about it and what I remembered.
He said loudly "I told you I didn't want to talk bout it!" and stormed away and left the tavern.

That's pretty much it. Like I said, I filled out a MUFON report way back. It's funny how sitting here hammering the keyboard to write this makes me feel funny! Kinda cathartic. Really
edit on 25-11-2018 by DanByers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thanks for this gut, very interesting and it certainly resonates with some of my own experiances and thoughts.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is this myth floating around, that the military has these little crystal spheres that can fly around and perform communications relay and surveillance functions. Some weird 'crystal spheres' have been found in the vicinity of Dulce base, and at SWR supposedly.

Now.. I don't especially buy it.. but I suspect some investigators asking questions are following up on that possibility.

Just thought that I'd mention it.

Now.. a swirling, majestic plasma being fits the picture better for me...but we must consider all possibilities of course if we truly wish to pursue factual data and not just confirmation bias. However i have no idea how to research 'OBOL', except perhaps to attempt to 'summon one' and i'm rather out of that business these days.

Kev

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

What I always find interesting is scientists or others that get involved in ufology that have a strong scientific background..always have qualifications or minors /majors in plasmas and various other things associated.

But it's always plasmas and the study of that pops up again and again in my research....

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

What I always find interesting is scientists or others that get involved in ufology that have a strong scientific background..always have qualifications or minors /majors in plasmas and various other things associated.

But it's always plasmas and the study of that pops up again and again in my research....

"plasma" / mysticism / black ops .. it's all a strange tangle.. recently I have been trying to figure out just 'who/what' was sharing sensory data with me 5 years ago when I had 'plasma fever'.. when i had my own 'data download' about various subjects, many of which have turned out to be true or at least 'true-ish'. "Plasma and information theory seem to be the only real games in town"; that and those weird black op devices that probably do exist.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Thanks for this gut, very interesting and it certainly resonates with some of my own experiances and thoughts.

Thank you too for stopping by. I always enjoy your input, pigsy.

Have you recounted your experiences on the boards? I can't recall, but I am very interested in whatever you might share, Sir.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Not yet..Maybe in time....and I'm not being purposely cryptic either.

I always appreciate your posts and like your perspectives on this and other subjects in ats and hadnt come across your experiences before. (living under rock probably)

Was there any other sensory things you saw,felt,smelt when you had your sighting gut or was it just visually?

edit on p42423182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Besides the mind spinning with "what the heck is that?" and some adrenaline rush it was visual. I don't know what it would've been like closer but it was a great "observer" distance---lots of detail but not too close.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
you asked for more details about my OBOL GUT, which I provided. With no feedback.
That's cool I guess. Like I posted felt good to type it all out again.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DanByers

Oh my bad! Thank you, Dan, it was a detailed and an exciting account! Much more exciting than mine and leaves one saying WTH? I truly enjoyed reading it and did give a star of course.

edit on 28-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join