It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian CF-18 fleet unable to meet NORAD and NATO commitments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: InTheLight

Sorry, we're broke. Unessential spending like bailing out countries who refuse to spend even 1.5% GDP on defense has to end. I'd also reassign workshare for the F-35 program seeing as you've flipped the bird at the other international partners in that program. No need to feed your industry when we have so many other poor countries including ourselves who need the work.

Canada has a larger GDP than Russia, so you should be fine on your own. EU has roughly ten times or more the Russian GDP. They should be able to field a credible defensive force without the US, too.

Peace and love

We aren't asking you for help and we're working on our military jet problems without asking for your help, so don't jump the gun.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've seen how that's gone for the last three years. You're going to need lots of peace and love. Or to spend some money.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've seen how that's gone for the last three years. You're going to need lots of peace and love. Or to spend some money.

Like I said previously, when the marijuana taxes start rolling in we may see some big changes being made, but the peace and love and our allies will still remain the same, what about your allies?

www.cbc.ca...

$5 Billion per year in marijuana tax revenue - what can we buy with that?

If the Russians encroach the Arctic Circle near Alaska, what then? Will you be asking us for immediate help?
edit on 011CST11America/Chicago016111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
CF-18's don't have MADL, so I doubt they'd fall in the category of immediate help.

ETA: C$5 billion would buy about a third of the original initial procurement commitment to the F-35 program which was deemed necessary almost ten years ago. So maybe 20 F-35's under a sustainment contract? Also according to your article all that money is already earmarked for public healthcare and is an extremely optimistic figure.
edit on 25-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

CF-18's don't have MADL, so I doubt they'd fall in the category of immediate help.

ETA: C$5 billion would buy about a third of the original initial procurement commitment to the F-35 program which was deemed necessary almost ten years ago. So maybe 20 F-35's under a sustainment contract?

What about $5 Billion down and the rest paid over a few years for new and updated craft. Papa's got a brand new bag.

The defence budget will grow from C$18.9bn ($14bn; £10.8bn) in 2016-17 to C$32.7b a year in 2026-27, or by about 73%, with most of the new funds being delivered after 2021.

www.macleans.ca...

And if it hasn't been relayed to your Americans, thank you for paying a lion's share. But, has that been to the detriment of your veteran's health?
edit on 011CST11America/Chicago046111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Well count me in with the author of your link:

However, the lack of capacity from within the department to administer major programs due to the lack of experienced military and public works program managers has already translated into reduced spending, despite the money carved out for them. “DND is on track to deliver barely better than half of the intended spending on new equipment and infrastructure,” wrote Dave Perry, vice president and senior analyst with Canadian Global Affairs, in a report in January. While some believe deferred spending will eventually be used as planned, I remain skeptical.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join