It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Christmas Tree or Real one ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I like both, but money-wise, the fake one I have was the better investment of the moolah. Live trees can get pricey over the years, totaled up.

I got us this one a good decade ago during the post-Christmas clearance sale (not sure who I got it through back then, but wasn't Target) I believe it ran me about $90 after tax. $9 a year beats the hell out of the cost of a live one, even though they're not that expensive here in MI (maybe $40 or $50 at best?) compared to the high cost back in FL when I helped my brother get a real one picked out (at least double what they go for here, and it wasn't huge or a fancy variety) That was the last time he shelled out for a real one, he also got a nice fake one on clearance for less than a real one costs down there.

We do get a real wreath for the front door every year up here, though. I think it runs us...$10? And lasts forever, that sucker we got last year didn't start dropping needles until late February. Usually they last through mid-January.
Oh, what? No, I didn't just admit I leave the wreath on the door all winter, no I did not < looks around & whistles innocently >

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like the smell and imperfection of real trees myself. The fake ones look to perfect, so do some you buy at the christmas tree sites. I like the ones with personality. I had one I wanted to harvest for years, it was the perfect top of a tree on my land but everytime I went to find it around Christmas I couldn't find it. Damn Tamaracks, they lose their needles in the winter so you can't find them come Christmas.

I never thought about having a tree without any needles...But the clean up would be a lot easier...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I take my Christmas tree down in March usually.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Growing up we always went and cut down our tree from a tree farm. But now as an adult I have to applaud my parents for putting up with the pain of a real tree. The smell is great but the needles and having to string the lights and watering it. So me and my long time gf decided on a fake tree. Makes life so much easier. But I do miss the smell.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

If you miss the smell , buy one of those plug in room air fresheners in pine scent.

That’s what I did for many years , as we put up an artificial one. The artificial one was so easy to put up and take down, and the house still smelled like pine.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Those scents are so fake they make me sick.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Those scents are so fake they make me sick.

I'm not a fan of artificial pine smell either, It gives me a headache.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Instant migraine for me too.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You can get real pine oil and burn it in a diffuser. That’s the real deal.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Real Tree...
White Lights...
And My Dog, Who Pees On It!...

He Thinks I Don't Know!
He Isn't Aware That It's A Sacrament.
Instead He Thinks I'm Such A Nice Guy That I'd Be Willing To Go Out A Fetch Him A Real Tree For His Pleasure...
edit on 17-11-2018 by Pinocchio because: Yes, It's True. I Own A Dog....

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleReamus

I might try that. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Easier to vacuum the needles than use a diffuser. I have one.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Easier to vacuum the needles than use a diffuser. I have one.

Each to their own 😏.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That's what makes the world so interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Our tree is both; it's a wrought-iron tree that belonged to my Darlin's grandmother. 'Grammie' to me. It is not a tree grown from the Earth, but it is as real as can be, because it has graced five homes it its days. It has five levels, and each level has holders for several small candles. It's almost Biblical: Bottom level has five 'branches', next level has four branches, and so on until the top one has just one wee candle holder. It has wrought-iron leaves and a very old string of lights which somehow miraculously light every year since we've had it (32 years).

If we were replace this tree, it would be with a coconut palm, given that there are no evergreens except the Casuarina Tree here in the tropics.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We just put the tree up today, I like it up before Thanksgiving.
I'm having oral surgery next Wednesday so I have announced there will be NO dinner cooked by me. You are Welcome to come and cook LOL.
Anyway, I went and bought a tall and skinny tree to fit in my living room and it is sooooo cute...

I love a real tree however, when I have gotten them in the past, they are a lot of taking care of....

Whatever makes someone happy is all good

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My tree farm doesn't open until day after turkey day iirc.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Imaginary is my favorite kind of Xmas tree some with all the decorations all done with my imagination super easy to look after and pack away

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
We've always cut one at a tree farm on the day of or the following weekend after thanks giving. Its harder to get all the kids together sometimes now.

I like white lights myself on a tree and to have it placed in a front window where it can be seen from the outside.

An artificial tree would be fine with me also. A white one looks very nice.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I never thought of that. Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join