It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Christmas Tree or Real one ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So i've always been a real Christmas tree kind of girl. I love the smell, (c'mon that scent!) the way it looks, just everything about a real tree.
I've come to accept it is a big pain when it comes time to take it down.

Well last year we decided to go the artificial tree route and wow. This tree is super easy, clicks together in three parts.
The absolutely most awesome thing about this tree, it has built in lights that can change from multi color to all white.
This has been a big argument in my family for years, I prefer the all white lights scheme while others like the multi, now we can have both.

The other huge plus, is that this tree comes apart in five minutes. Someone mentioned that they have an artificial tree and they tuck real tree stems for added effect. I think I might try that this year too!

So what is it in your family, Real - Artificial or no tree?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I used to always go and cut my own tree when I lived in Oklahoma! Honestly that was my favorite part of the holidays

But I live in a desert now. So fake tree it will be for now. I have pretty much the same as you.

I like the idea of getting real stems and tucking them into ithe fake tree though. I’m going to do that this year! Thanks for the idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I like the smell and imperfection of real trees myself. The fake ones look to perfect, so do some you buy at the christmas tree sites. I like the ones with personality. I had one I wanted to harvest for years, it was the perfect top of a tree on my land but everytime I went to find it around Christmas I couldn't find it. Damn Tamaracks, they lose their needles in the winter so you can't find them come Christmas.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
fake

you can have all that needle bull# all over the place

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I've always preferred the fake trees to the real ones.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to have a tree for years because my wife's idiot cats climb into them and tip them over with the usual crash and breaking of ornaments.

I have a plan for this year, I'm going to make a tree of a combination of barbed wire and razor wire and top it with a stuffed Vulture.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't think that a tree is necessary.

Christmas, to me, is about the birth of Jesus the Christ, which is significant because of what Jesus did through His life and death.

To capture the spirit of Christmas - of love and celebration of how God cares for us - should not need a prop department. We could, instead, be happy, forgiving, accepting and kind to others in an "over the top" way. That is far more like Christmas.

edit on 16/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Fake.
No pine needles and you get to use it over and over.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Real tree or no tree. No exceptions. It's not a tree without the smell.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Tamaracks are one of my favorite trees, but when they lose their needles they look hideous!
I've always thought that tamaracks look so Christmasy, especially with their cones and sweeping branches, but so weird that
they lose all their needles.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Needed, no. But desired yes. Christmas is about the same for me as for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
fake

you can have all that needle bull# all over the place

That is exactly why we went with fake, those needles, almost worse than glitter ... almost..

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Fake. It's really easy to water.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We have always had cats. The only time I can remember them being a problem with our tree, my dad put two little hooks into our wall and tied the tree up. It worked, and, of course, there was never, ever any problem with cats in the tree again, not even the same cats the very next year.

We go real tree. I insist on it. It's too much fun to find the right one, and I love the smell. Teikiatsu would just as soon have a plastic LEGO-style imposter. Actually, he's sort of Scrooge and would be just as happy without any tree at all.

We don't have carpets though and we have a patio door that the tree sits right next to, so the needle fuss is minimal. It come up to the deck, in the door, sits right there, and goes right back out.
edit on 16-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I grew up with a fake tree. Although it was still kind of a pain to put up and take down. We always did multi colored lights. I thought they looked best with our random ornaments.

My husband always did real trees. We live in a small town so we go and pick out a real tree every year now. I like the smell, but more so I really like the experience of getting it. A local farm runs the shop, the old lady makes cookies and hot chocolate for people, and there is a yellow lab who lays under the office desk and sneaks pets from you when you check out. We still do multi lights with our random ornaments.

I do think white lights and organized ornaments look super pretty and classy though. Just not my style. I like my Star Wars and Disney Princess collections.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Yes half of the fun is picking it out. It's a great family tradition.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In my happiness times, when I had little ones around we had live trees, after Christmas we would pick a place in the yard and plant them. I still have a few of them more than fifty feet tall. Last year my wife brought an artificial tree. Simply put, it sucked.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
In my happiness times, when I had little ones around we had live trees, after Christmas we would pick a place in the yard and plant them. I still have a few of them more than fifty feet tall. Last year my wife brought an artificial tree. Simply put, it sucked.

I've moved around quite a bit. Every house that we've owned we planted a tree when the kids were born. So weird to see how both the kids and trees have grown.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You need 2 screws, some twine and 2 oranges.

First put 2 screws into the wall about half way up the tree, in a corner is best but if not about 3 or 4 feet apart. Tie the twine from the trunk to the screws. That will keep it from tipping, wont keep the cat out but at least the tree wont fall.

Now you wonder about the oranges right? Peel the oranges and enjoy the sweet delectable fruit. Take the peels and cut into strips. Hang the strips on the branches near the trunk. Cats hate the smell of oranges.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm just a single bloke, so I don't personally do the whole Christmas celebration thing... Basically, Christmas to me is just a 2 week shut down at work, where I'm forced to blow my annual leave days and am obligated to attend a few family get togethers.

Neither the less... If you do the whole Christmas thing in your house hold, I would say the fake tree is obviously a total cope out.

To this very day, even the very scent of pine needles sends me into frenzy of nostalgia.

I'm sorry, but imo, unless you have a real life Christmas tree in your house... Then you don't actually genuinely celebrate an authentic Christmas.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Fake.
Picking up needles is a pain.
I've had my fake one for years so it's cheaper in the long run

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join