It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who the hell is Bobby Genovese? The EPA Can’t Wait to Reopen the Mine That Poisoned North Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
source: bloomberg

(Title isn't my creation, it's Bloomberg's.) edit: added my burning question.

This is stunning. A very problematic mine is potentially being reopened, after polluting the whole Silver Valley and everything downstream until Lake Coeur d'Alene, and a bit past it. The lake is so deep that I suspect it acts as a trap for all the heavy metal runoff. But the lake is also the source of income for this tourism-based economy.

You can't go barefoot at the Cataldo mission, the pollution is so bad. How is the potential 16 years of future profit worth the risk to health and the environment?

I guess I'm hoping someone can tell me where to look to find out why TPTB are turning this area into a toxic waste pit for some random Canadian company. Google hasn't turned up much in a cursory search.

Keywords: Robert “Bobby” Genovese, Bunker Hill Mining Corp.

Who's this bastard connected to?

edit on 020182018k23010America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: Keywords

edit on 020182018k23010America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: (no reason given)

edit on 020182018k23011America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: Added to title

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Hint: Don't rely on Google, it is not your friend.

Click me

Click me

Perhaps the mine is not actually going to open.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread as this needs attention. The plans for re opening are concerning and sad for the region, of course, pollution wise.

Bloomberg source on him

More on him

Likely he has some pull with lobbyist or other for this deal? As he has a shady past, wouldn't put it past him.
Will share if I find further info.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thank you. But regarding your first link, the mining lease was reinstated as of today.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Maybe he sold yachts or horses to someone powerful, but I want to know who. Ten bucks on Betsy DeVoss.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well the Genovese are a mob/crime family out of New York. If it’s big money and dirty that would be a really good place to start researching, but be careful.
I had a friend named Genovese from New York. He was in “vacuum cleaner” sales and had insane money. He also had a bunch of VIP friends as well. The mob was brought up once and we were told to never bring it up again.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Alabama grand jury indicts Trump’s regional EPA administrator on ethics charges

The head of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) southeastern regional office has been indicted on state ethics charges in Alabama related to his alleged efforts to stop a polluted neighborhood in North Birmingham from being listed on the EPA’s priorities list for contaminated sites.

In a statement announcing the appointment, Pruitt said Glenn “will help us carry out President Trump’s vision of creating a more streamlined and efficient EPA that focuses on the Agency’s core mission, while also providing more regulatory certainty to our nation’s businesses.”

He is under investigation for 14 other counts as well. IMO the EPA is now run by the swamp and you can expect a lot more things like your article happening.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Im a native New Yorker. Everyone here with a Italian last name thinks their connected. That’s a very common last name, we have a chain of drug stores they use that same name. And all tough guys say ‘can’t talk about it’ it’s an easy out, stops the conversation.a reply to: TexasTruth

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22, TexasTruth Would a Canadian mobster be nicer than an American mobster?

new topics

top topics

join