It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resiniferatoxin - A Chemical So Hot It Destroys Nerve Endings In A Good Way !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
Killing nerves means no pain yeah,but all loss of sensation with it. I can't see it replacing opioids at all,just won't happen.

Actually, if you read the article, that is not true. It kills pain while leaving your sense of touch. And this would be for chronic pain sufferers who are desperate to have some semblance of a life. Just one nerve ending can cause a lifetime of misery.

This is amazing. There is no other way to put it. Someone could probably make a lot of money...curing pain is very much in demand and people don't give a damn if its legal or approved by the fda.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

You said it destroys the nerve endings right how is doing damage to your nervous system ever a good thing?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Oh … hey, and sorry for the later reply.

I got caught up in other topics / problems, and just now saw your post.

I think in general killing nerve endings is bad, but for certain diseases that lead to overactivation of nerve endings and things like chronic pain syndromes and the like, killing the nerve endings could paradoxically actually be good for the person suffering.

My wife has peripheral neuropathic pain in her feet from diabetes, and says sometimes that if she could cut her feet off to stop the pain, she wouldn't hesitate, but since it is nerve pain, it might even be sensed in a 'phantom limb' after amputation.

THAT is some severe pain....

edit on 6-12-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: capitolized 'that'

<< 1   >>

join