It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Creature on Jupiter Spotted in New NASA Image

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm posting this because it is a beautiful image, not because I believe there is a living being on Jupiter (largest planet in our solar system). I'm not ruling out life of some sort on Mars, or one of Saturn's moons, maybe, but this is just a cool picture that triggers pareidolia. Personally, I see a lounging woman with a long neck wearing flowing robes... I hope you will see something too, not political.

EPOCH TIMES SOURCE ARTICLE

Space enthusiasts around the world say they see a creature lurking in a new photo of swirly clouds on the planet Jupiter. NASA took the photo from the Juno spacecraft at around 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 29, as it made its 16th close flyby around the gas giant.

“At the time, Juno was about 4,400 miles from the planet’s cloud tops, at a latitude of approximately 40 degrees north,” NASA said in a written statement. “A Dragon’s Eye? What do you see within the swirling clouds of Jupiter?” the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory said on Twitter. Twitter followers came up with a variety of answers. “I see a Squid,” wrote aurora chaser Noel Blaney.

“Juno’s principal goal is to understand the origin and evolution of Jupiter. Underneath its dense cloud cover, Jupiter safeguards secrets to the fundamental processes and conditions that governed our solar system during its formation. As our primary example of a giant planet, Jupiter can also provide critical knowledge for understanding the planetary systems being discovered around other stars,” NASA said on its website.

Link to the Juno Mission on NASA's website
edit on 11142018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If our clouds were all different colors, just imagine what we would see in them . We see enough with the colors we have here already.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Space enthusiasts around the world say they see a creature lurking in a new photo of swirly clouds on the planet Jupiter.

I sometimes think that the only purpose for stories like this is to prove just how idiotic some people actually are, cool pic though

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Can you point it out?
I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't see no mysterious creature but I'm pretty sure I spotted Waldo, that shifty little bastard!
Cool picture.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I can see the lounging lady, too.

It's probably Io. "Paint me, Jupiter! Paint me like one of your Roman girls"

Obviously Jupiter is the dark cloud.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Can you point it out?
I'm just not seeing it.

There's nothing really there... it's an "in the eye of the beholder" type of concept initiated for fun by some dude or dudette @ NASA.

Don't strain your eyes!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That one little lonely cloud, or whatever top left of center is interesting. Don't see any creatures.

Stunningly beautiful image.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

I kind of see what you are getting at with the lateral lines going left. But you had to point it out for me to see. The circular masses on the right just above the beginning of lounging woman's legs kind of look like a messed up owl or strange fish to me, but only because I am being asked to interpret it. Had I simply seen the image with no references or descriptions, I would have likely just seen swirling masses of gas/clouds.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Can you point it out?
I'm just not seeing it.

Here you go

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Space enthusiasts around the world say they see a creature lurking in a new photo of swirly clouds on the planet Jupiter.

I sometimes think that the only purpose for stories like this is to prove just how idiotic some people actually are, cool pic though

Man. You became so grown up you forgot how to see pictures in clouds? Go to the park immediately. Take off your shoes. Lay on a blanket. Watch some clouds and find the shapes. It's good for you.

Signed,
A curmudgeon, but not ^that big a curmudgeon

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I can see it 📣
A brown cat with stormy eyes and a white mohawk.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
. The circular masses on the right just above the beginning of lounging woman's legs kind of look like a messed up owl or strange fish to me, but only because I am being asked to interpret it. Had I simply seen the image with no references or descriptions, I would have likely just seen swirling masses of gas/clouds.

I saw a devil face where you see the owl, but didn't want to distract from my Io story.

I'm going to skip the double expresso tomorrow...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
Devil face? It is clearly the owl from Winnie the Pooh now that I was forced to find a devils face. It just made owl stand out even more to me.

So the arrogant prick lives on Jupiter does he?? Hopefully Disney keeps him there.
edit on 11-14-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Man. You became so grown up you forgot how to see pictures in clouds? Go to the park immediately. Take off your shoes. Lay on a blanket. Watch some clouds and find the shapes. It's good for you.

Signed,
A curmudgeon, but not ^that big a curmudgeon

Maybe you're right, we have religious people after all, think of the crap they see in the clouds

Point is, it's fine to daydream, but actually writing a pointless story about it? Bored journo day

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Someone in the twitter feed posted this.

Looks interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Carl Sagan hypothesized that life could happen on Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Carl Sagan hypothesized that life could happen on Jupiter.

I find it hard to believe he posted about what he seen in the shapes of Jupiter's clouds though

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Beautiful formation, can not see any figure but using the old cloud's are shaped like something technique.
Turn the picture around so that the right is the bottom of the image and I can see a lady like shape in the clouds with a Greek style helmet (with fish like fin's instead of a plume) smoking something in her left hand or with her left hand up near her face, that dame would be bigger than the entire earth a couple of hundred time's over though.
Still a worthy post just to look at the big ball of gas.

Hey WMD that's not nice you cut the dame's head off in your image.

edit on 14-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Cloud

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join