It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait your turn!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Troglodytes! Morons! Preverts!
Listen up!

You are standing way too damn close to me in the checkout line, at the bank, at the takeout.

I'm not choking, you don't need to grind up behind me to administer Heimlich. You're not a dog, you don't need to know about my butt smells.

Do not sidle up next to me when I'm using the credit pad. That is just rude and inconsiderate.

Stand back! Wait your turn! This is the kind of thing I will karate chop you in the front hole region for at an ATM.

Do not wedge yourself in front of me because you found a free 18 inches of space that you think belongs to you.

You are not a line ninja, and it's not cute.

Oh are you in line? huh huh huh

Step off you MF you can't possibly be that dumb.

Even better when I'm 40 feet away from a line and no one is there and you still get right up behind me and wait in a non-existant line. I want to slap you with a rubber chicken until your nose bleeds!

In the era of #metoo, microagressions, toxic genders, knee-jerk harassment accusations, and the occasional Trader Joe banning--How do people not have a concept of personal space anymore?

Get a brain!

Stay tuned for part 2, where I rip on people who stand in front of elevators even though other people are trying to get out of there!

edit on 11-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can say that having lived in 2 different states on opposite borders of the country that I've never had this issue o.O

Black Friday might be the personal space violations outlier here, but I'm not stupid enough to leave the house on Black Friday, so...

Edit: And before anybody gets picky about it, yes, Florida is a border state -- a maritime border state bordering the Bahamas and Cuba.
edit on 11/11/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
u should say that to the people who do it to you.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just call them out in line and embarrass them. Usually works like a charm. Make a scene it’s fun sometimes.

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

edit on 11-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The MSM has everybody nervous and jittery.

😎🍌

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If you are a man it's because you were man spreading. If you are a woman it's your innate sense of entitlement for---- JUST BECAUSE.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Thank you! Someone gets it!

I always say very loudly "excuse me can I have some space" and then they are al flustered like they had no clue they were breathing on my neck with their hot breath.

You forgot the other one, when you finally have a new car and you park it way way way out in the parking lot, only to have someone park right next to you out there! lol

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Likewise...at the checkout
How much ? Oh ... wait just a .. fumble fumble minute

Or
At the fishmonger :
Good morning, what would you like !?!
umm...
2 Plaices and a handfull of Clams please ! Wait chur turn son, wait chur turn.. madam ?
I really don't knoooow
what do you suggest ?

Slightly relevant :

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Maybe you're just a friendly looking person?
And people just want to be close to you.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

No.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

They just like you!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I save my farts for this exact reason. Works every time

Even better when a child is standing in the fallout zone.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Thank you! Someone gets it!

I always say very loudly "excuse me can I have some space" and then they are al flustered like they had no clue they were breathing on my neck with their hot breath.

You forgot the other one, when you finally have a new car and you park it way way way out in the parking lot, only to have someone park right next to you out there! lol

We may or may not have done that to a someone at the grocery store.

To be fair, it was a shiny new Porsche 911 Turbo. They damn well knew they'd have admirers drooling over it, lol.
edit on 11/11/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
.. aaaand, on another tangent
why do old people go shopping at 5, 6 or 7 in the evening ?
They've got all day, but why wait until late on

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A fully righteous RANT
Cant wait for Pt. 2

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

That is a great idea. The OP exudes such a positive and warm aura that people can't even help themselves. They are just naturally drawn close without them even being consciously aware of what they are doing.

Dang buddha, you do live up to your handle.

In fact, can I get in on that action?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Simple fix, compliments of Veteren’s Day: “About face.”

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When someone gets too close to me when I'm trying to pay with a card, I just act surprised like "Oh are you going to pay for my groceries? Have at it bro!"

I have had to tell a couple people "That is not how lines work!" when they jump in front of me as if I'm not there.

It's annoying because they still don't get it. They just give me the derp eyes.

edit on 11-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This brings to mind that video that went viral awhile back where that man shoved an elderly woman to the ground because he felt she was taking too long picking out a movie at Red Box.

I am not a violent man -- but if I had been present to witness that cowardly act I would have beat that man with my bare hands within an inch of his life. There are just some things you don't do in civilized society and assaulting elderly women is at the very top of that list.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
.. aaaand, on another tangent
why do old people go shopping at 5, 6 or 7 in the evening ?
They've got all day, but why wait until late on

Don't get it. Why would that be upsetting?

Shop earlier if it bothers you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join