It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you put *Maggots* on your wound?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
more detail please,

where do you get the maggots?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It depends on your situation, if your stuck out away from civilization then you've gota take some chance, your best bet is to look for carcasses that are already being infested. If it's an injury at home then simple pay a visit to your local angling store and ask for their basic white maggots (get the ones without all the dye if possible, if not then simply wash them off with plain cold water) Or if you have more money than sense you can purchase them from specific farms that breed them for the medical comunity. Personally I go for the first option every time, as I know my maggots are going to be as natural as they come.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
I got a older mate who steped on a land mine and was captured by the Germans in WWII. The german surgeons put maggot into the wounds that resulted. At the time that I met him almost 50 years after the war he still had sharpnel comming out of his leg. But the maggots were what saved the leg from gangreene. By the way he developed a respect for his German captors, for the way that they saved his leg and looked after him.

Sounds like the same story I had!
I knew of an older man (whom passed away a few yrs ago)who fought in Tabruk(W.W 11) and knew of a man that saved his leg by maggots eating away the dead flesh!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

But would you allow it? I seriously don't know if I could look at a bunch of maggots feeding on my wounds. I think they look gross and always thought that flies were very germy.

Believe me, the medical community isn't exactly thrilled about handling maggots. However, it is important to point out that the maggots used are "surgical grade". They are specially bred & tightly controlled once they are set upon the wound. Everything is kept extremely clean, believe it or not. The maggots can be removed (mostly) by simple irrigation.

Also don't forget that they really do wonders to our healing process.

Eventually there will be nanomachines that can do the same exact thing. However, that technology is not yet accessible.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Putting maggots on my wound?
well it would depend where i got wounded(not part of body)cos u maggots arent easy to find ya know.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

But what gets me is how do you get them out of the wound ?

You don't. Maggots only eat dead flesh. Once its gone the drop off and look for more dead flesh.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You don't. Maggots only eat dead flesh. Once its gone the drop off and look for more dead flesh

Just to be really argumentative, there are two slight problems here.
Firstly, if you have to place a covering over the wound to hold them all in their to start with, so they can't simply drop out. So once they have done their work if you have a large wound they will wonder around the area looking for more, if this is unsuccessful most maggots will either die or try to pupate.
Secondly, not all maggots eat only dead flesh, if you have the wrong kind, then the last thing they will do is leave quietly.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This should answer both of your questions......
www.mercola.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I would allow it I mean if a doctor is doing it I would trust him. He has trained for years on the human body and abviousley knows what he is doing. I mean when radiation first came into service to cure cancer im sure alot of people thought it was crazy and said "no way!" but now it is widely accepted.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I actually saw this procedure done on TV recently.

The victim had suffered a crushing injury to his left hand and wrist. Necrosis had set in, but was in an early stage. The doctors felt that they could reconstruct the hand, but the gangrene was "scattered" throughout the injury, and conventional treatment meant cutting out alot of tissue, both dead and healthy.

Specially cultivated maggots were brought in. A special banndage was applied (forming a cavity) and the maggots were applied to the hand. The rest of the hand was then covered up.

The victim waited about 12-18 hours, all the time receiving IV fluids and anti-biotics. The bandage was removed, and most of the maggots simply "fell out", having been fully satiated on the decomposing flesh. The rest were either removed with forcept or washed out.

The wound looked surprizingly better, with alot of pink and red edged, and no nasty dark coloration. That evening, a surgical team rebuilt his hand and he gained like 50% use of it after time, and lost no fingers.

I just wish they could find a better name for them besides "maggots".

How about wound worms? Or maybe Health Bugs?

BTW, if you wanna see sumfin that makes maggots look pretty, do a search on South American Bot Fly Larvae.

That is just plain old GROSS.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
cure worse than the disease....

I'll take the drugs please....

Thanks...

I prefer to wait till I'm dead, then the maggots can have me....(if they enjoy ashes....
)

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

BTW, if you wanna see sumfin that makes maggots look pretty, do a search on South American Bot Fly Larvae

LOL, nothing like having a worm/maggot come crawling out of you. Talk about making your skin crawl.

Gazrok,don't under-estimate the cure's found in nature.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join