It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN & The Whitewashing of History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
[Revelation, Chapter 1, Verse 14]
"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

How many white men have hair like Wool?

And for anyone unfamiliar with metals, the colour of Brass is brown, and if burned in a furnace, it would be a darker brown.

Yet when you walk into any church in America or England (My Country), you see images of a WHITE Jesus.

Every biblical figure in church imagery, movies, paintings, is always portrayed as white, even though the region where Christ came from was a region where the people had colour. There were no white people in Egypt, Babylon or Palestine (Modern day occupation by Israel). In those regions, the people were of colour.

One of the great tragedies has been, that over the last 400 years Europeans and white Americans have created an ideology of white supremacy and they have in the process taken the sacred images and made them white and have re-cast black into a negative image.

History has been whitewashed, as the image of Jesus was hijacked by the white establishment over the generations, and it comes with the insidious notion that white people are to be obeyed, respected and looked up to.

Its important from a historical perspective that we all set the record straight so that the black family can reclaim much of their true history which has been neglected, ignored or destroyed.

The average child needs to be instructed on this matter, not just young black children but the average white kid in Europe or America is as misinformed and miseducated as the average black person as to the historical accuracy of Christ.

There are over 100 references to Egypt in the Bible, over 50 references to Biblical Ethiopia (Present day Sudan) both OT and NT. Bible scholars, most of whom were white, have translated and interpreted, in a way that would be distinctly favourable to Europe, and a way that would be distinctly UN-favorable to Blacks and people of colour.

The fact is Jesus has been portrayed for 2,000 years as a Caucasian European when in fact he was a man of colour, along with many more key figures in the biblical history.

It's not enough to say, we are all God's children, if you continue to present Jesus as a white man to children of colour all over the world, they grow up somehow believing, way down inside, the ridiculous notion that white is better.

And it's a tragedy that Europe, America and the higher education system continuously uses the politics of race to present distorted information which has worked against black people and for white people.

This needs to be corrected and updated for the betterment of ALL mankind.
edit on 9-11-2018 by CosmicEyes because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN

Whats next? Adam and Eve were not White couples?

If your side has actual evidence that Jesus was a black jew or something in between you should post it.

Jesus was not Black. I have heard this claim for at least 100+ Times now

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Revelation, Chapter 1, Verse 14

Heavenly end times Jesus appearance may not necessarily be his appearance during his earthly life

And for anyone unfamiliar with metals, the colour of Brass is brown

or yellow, or silver... depending on the zinc content, i guess most modern people has seen it as yellow because is the most common color on brass instruments.

Who knows, who cares.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicEyes
And for anyone unfamiliar with metals, the colour of Brass is brown, and if burned in a furnace, it would be a darker brown.

Brass is not brown, especially "fine brass". And it says "as if they burned in a furnace" describing the feet, not the brass.

Have you ever heard someone describe a black person's skin as brass color? I sure haven't. Seems more likely he was just a tan white man.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Actually, certain scholars have posited that Jesus had crystal clear skin ... and organs. He could only be seen when clothed or had just eaten, according to some obscure passages found with the Red Sea Scrolls.

Reference Llamasians 2:4 "Yea , he that squeegee the earth from me and renders me unseen so I may creepeth unclothed amongst my fair flock shall reap the kingdom..."

and Greg 18:12 "I say unto you, "Boo!" Looketh for me and thou shall see me not, unless I have eateth of the course bread and drinketh of the red wine, and then shall thou seeith me as a sodden tube of mush hovering in your midst."

There are other passages, but it's getting late and Foogle would find them if interested.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicEyes

It doesn't matter what he looked like...

we actually have no idea anyways...

he could have been pokadot…

Though he certainly wasn't the dude we see everywhere

edit on 9-11-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I would have thought that if you were truly a man of god then Jesus's colour would be irrelevant and you would recognise that it's his message that is important.

Jesus was probably very similar in appearance to modern day Arabs.

Just to add a disclaimer...Its pretty much a moot point to me, I'm agnostic.

edit on 9/11/18 by Freeborn because: typo

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

How many white men have hair like Wool?

It doesnt say he had hair like wool, but that his hair was white LIKE wool... Big difference

And why does it even matter? Does it change anything? Listen to the words he spoke, instead worrying what color he had, that is what racist do, just saying...

Anyways, the church is one big scam to control people. If you dont believe me, then please explain to me why they DONT practice what they preach?

The church has been behind some of the most evil stuff in human history, and still is.
Doesnt mean you cant learn from the teaching of Jesus, who was a smart man - no matter if he was real or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes his message is what is important, and each culture depicted him in a relatable way to themselves. for me the most accurate representation of a middle east man from the first century is swole Jesus.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes his message is what is important, and each culture depicted him in a relatable way to themselves. for me the most accurate representation of a middle east man from the first century is swole Jesus.

That's a helluva bodybuilder Jesus.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

It doesn't matter if he's black or white. What he said is important.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I am often left amazed about a persons toxicity when all they are concerned about is Christ's skin color

If that is what you want from the story, a moan and complaint about the color of a mans skin
Everything is lost on you, everything is lost for you
If you go to African countries, Jesus is depicted often as black

What a petty us les point scoring argument

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

here is a Picture of Nazarene Ethnic people who are descendants of people from the same region. www.alamy.de...

or you can image search Nazarene descendants for more. please read further that I might point out the issues with your claims.

"His HEAD(Meaning Skin from the NECK UP) and his hairs were WHITE (Caucasian) LIKE (Meaning matched the COLOR OF) wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

"Matthew 28:3
His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow."

"Song of Solomon 5:14
His arms are rods of gold set with chrysolite. His body is an IVORY panel bedecked with sapphires."

"Daniel's Vision by the Tigri " I lifted up my eyes, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6His body was like beryl, his face like the brilliance of lightning,

also the Brass Feet? symbolic.
Jesus’ FEET, in Revelation 1, are shown as fine (burnished--polished) BRASS, as if they BURNED IN A FURNACE. BRASS is the SYMBOL of JUDGMENT as Jesus TREADS the ENEMIES under His feet. His FEET are WHITE HOT, which pictures a FIERCE and BURNING JUDGMENT.

Looking back into the Old Testament, the ALTAR of BURNT OFFERING in the Jewish Tabernacle was MADE of BRASS. Exodus 27:1-4 Brass is a tempered metal which is able to hold the FIRE and the HEAT of the BURNT OFFERING. In scripture, brass AND fire are synonymous in their portrayal of JUDGMENTS.

Almost any other reference of look disagrees with your OP CLAIMS to the color of his skin.

it does not state his hair was LIKE WOOL, but References the Color being WHITE LIKE SHEEPS WOOL.

how did you miss this or misinterpret? that is what we call selective reading and biased interpretation, as most other descriptions would deny his skin color as blackened when most references state his "HEAD" and "FACE" were white like wool or lightning.

Now granted due to the region of the world I believe he definetly wasnt no blue eyed, blond haired christ.
but as an early child most pictures I saw in old churches portrayed a Brown haired, Brown eyed man man of slightly tanned complexion.

the description in your OP quote would more closesly define this as unless you know some ashy faced bros its kind of hard to get a Black Mans face to match the color of white wool or lightning accurately.

Please quit trying to APPROPRIATE Jewish Ancestry.
Its BAD Enough that descendants of African tribes in america TRY to claim "EGYPTIAN" Ancestry when a simple DNA test would prove your ancestors likely came from an entirely different bloodline and region.

I should let you know your not the first ive debated on this who used the same biblical quote and made the same claims.
I crushed an Entire Congregation of Hebrew Israelites in SF CA
(they are just as bad at taking one thing out of context and ignoring anything else in the Gospel of Torah or Biblical texts that contradict it)
first its Jesus and all Jews are blacks because somehow they suffered the most though they didnt.
and then after they try to convince people that NON BLACKS are DEMONS.

sorry OP, your just gonna have to accept that most of you are stuck in the same boat as the REST OF THE GENTILES.

it stings me too sometimes to know I am not "HIS" Favorite. but Delusion is no answer for ones own discontent... thats how you become the "FALSE JEW".

poor thread, didint even make it to PAGE 2 before getting nuked with the facts.

two words...
DNA TEST
edit on 9-11-2018 by ConspiracyofRavens because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Why does it matter?

It's not the messenger, but the message. Christ, himself, would tell you this, could we but bring ourselves to listen.

Was he black? I don't know, nor do I care in any particular fashion.

I was brought up to critique the message, not the messenger.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
My god man....i've been singin skngs bout a BLACK man! I feel so used!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

It doesn't matter if he's black or white.

Wait, what? Jesus was Michael Jackson?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I wouldn't rely on Revelation. As a vision and prophecy, meant to be symbolic rather than literal, I don't think Revelation is to be taken at face value. Including a depiction of Jesus.

There are, however, several contemporary accounts of Jesus's physical appearance... And no, he wasn't described as Black. For example:

...in the days of Tiberius Caesar, Publius Lentullus, President of Judea, wrote the following epistle to the Senate concerning the Nazarene called Jesus.

"There appeared in these our days a man, of the Jewish Nation, of great virtue, named Yeshua [Jesus], who is yet living among us...man of stature somewhat tall, and comely, with very reverent countenance, such as the beholders may both love and fear, his hair of (the colour of) the chestnut, full ripe, full ripe, plain to His ears, whence downwards it is more orient and curling and wavering about His shoulders. In the midst of His head is a seam or partition in His hair, after the manner of the Nazarenes... His face without spot or wrinkle, beautified with a lovely red... His beard thickish, in colour like His hair, not very long, but forked; His look innocent and mature; His eyes grey, clear, and quick...

Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair.

Physical descriptions of Jesus

You might be surprised that several old testament Hebrews were described as having red hair -- including King David, Esau, even the Egyptian Set. And there's this:

One of the more fascinating finds in this tomb, one that has not received much attention, was the preservation of a sample of Jewish male hair. The hair was lice-free, and was trimmed or cut evenly, probably indicating that the family buried in this tomb practiced good hygiene and grooming. The length of the hair was medium to short, averaging 3-4 inches. The color was reddish.

The Only Ancient Jewish Male Hair Ever Found

I really don't care what Jesus looked like -- "God is no respector of persons" -- but I don't think theories based on today's norms applies to 2000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The fact is Jesus has been portrayed for 2,000 years as a Caucasian European when in fact he was a man of colour, along with many more key figures in the biblical history.

That is not true. Here is an example of Jesus depicted in other Cultures.

Chinese depiction of Jesus and the rich young man, Beijing, 1879.

Does that mean that Jesus was Chinese ? It simply means that Christ is depicted according to the Chinese Culture with their racial characteristics.

Here is how scholars describe Jesus physical appearance :

As a Jew in 1st century Judea, Jesus probably looked like a typical Judean of his time. Research on ancient skeletons in Israel suggests that Judeans of the time were biologically closer to Iraqi Jews than any other contemporary population, and thus in terms of physical appearance the average Judean of the time would have likely had dark brown to black hair, olive skin, and brown eyes. Judean men of the time period were on average about 5.5 feet, or 166 centimeters tall. Scholars have also suggested that it is likely Jesus had short hair and a small beard.

Here is a picture of Christ in my Country :

You should start by your self. Stop using the idiotic argument that white people are inherently bad people. Stop being divisive and be more loving.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
yiiiiikes
i can't believe even ATS, cesspit that it is, would have this many utter jerks trying to argue this

he was born in the middle east two thousand years ago to parents of low station what the god flipping hell colour do you expect his skin to be

and to everyone going "who cares it should be his message that blah blah wank" maybe you should look closer at the crew trying to deny history and their motivations. this is a conspiracy site, right? what do you think of a crew out to take a figure famous for rebelling against authority in the name of peace and love and turning him into a freaking used car salesman?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join