It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN & The Whitewashing of History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

So you're saying. . . they all look alike.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, no, he dinnit.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicEyes

I'd be satisfied with any discernable proof Jesus existed at all.
I wont care what color he is or what hair style he was rocking.
But before that's settled, any further personification of the supposed son of God, in detail, would be beyond speculation at this point.
In my humble opinion.

edit on 8Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:09:36 -0600amvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb201811America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Hence the words "rough idea".

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this for the last 1 minute or so. Wouldn't it be best if we tried to not assign any description to Jesus. Can't Jesus just be whatever anyone wants it to be?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I have been thinking about this for the last 1 minute or so. Wouldn't it be best if we tried to not assign any description to Jesus. Can't Jesus just be whatever anyone wants it to be?

Its all ready that way every culture has there version of Jesus.

picchore.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Fools

Its all ready that way every culture has there version of Jesus.

picchore.com...

My Jesus is a cute baby tiger. I just hope he never grows up.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A Bible-based argument is Theology, not History.

For genetic reasons and climatic reasons, his colour, historically, would have been much the same as the modern inhabitants of the same region.
But since the point of the Incarnation is that he took the form of those he came to serve, it is not theologically wrong if white, black, and yellow peoples choose to picture him for themselves as white, black, or yellow. Just don't confuse that insight with history.

Your argument from Revelation is a misreading of Revelation.
The white hair is a direct borrowing from the picture of God, "the ancient of days", in Daniel ch7. You should note that the whole head in the Revelation image is as white as the hair. So if that image is to be taken literally, the figure would have to be a white man.

The bronze also comes from the visions of Daniel and Ezekiel. But I don't think "bronze" implies "brown".
Before the invention of mercury-backed glass, the standard mirrors were well-polished bronze, because that reflects light.
So the significance of "bronze" is that bronze is the nearest thing people know to a light-source that is not fire. In the first chapter of Ezekiel, the figure on the chariot is fire below the waist and "gleaming bronze" above- both ways of saying "Light!".

I suggest giving these things a spiritual interpretation rather than an ultra-literal interpretation.

edit on 9-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Jesus was fictional

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Neither do i.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don’t have any care what race he is, but bronze color could also be like Arab style middle eastern skin color. Bronze skin isn’t necessarily black.

Second point, you are totally wrong that there were no white people in Egypt or holy land. I keep seeing people say that. Here are some facts:

Alexander the Great, a blonde haired Macedonian, conquered not only the area around Isreal hundreds of years before Jesus, but also northern Egypt including and especially what became Alexandria. White folk from Europe came with him.

Not only that, but later the Romans conquered both places too. Literally at the time of Jesus Israel was occupied by the Roman Empire, which while diverse was majority white.

Not only that, but many scholars consider the Phoenicians to have been a Caucasian race, from modern Lebanon.

Finally, during that era places like Alexandria and Rome were the New York metropolises of their day. For example, in Alexandria there is evidence of people’s cultures ranging from Europeans to Indian Brahmins and Buddhism.

Get your facts right.

edit on 9-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicEyes
How many white men have hair like Wool?

Repeating more briefly one of the points I made above;
How many black men have a whole head that is white?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"and it comes with the insidious notion that white people are to be obeyed, respected and looked up to. "

you lost all credibility there.

...and considering the location the Bible is set in, it makes sense Jesus was black, or middle eastern

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well this went exactly as expected.

Obviously, he was the only white man in the middle east.

Actually, he didn't exist so he's whatever color you imagine him to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Haha...I stepped into that dookie didn't I?

Seriously, though, obviously the Roman guards authorities were clueless and needed Judas to point him out. One can only assume that any and all given description was not good enough to nail him to a cross.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
"and it comes with the insidious notion that white people are to be obeyed, respected and looked up to. "

you lost all credibility there.

...and considering the location the Bible is set in, it makes sense Jesus was black, or middle eastern

No it doesn't first today's middle east is much different from the 1st century middle east. Jews at the time where white i showed pictures of people from the 1st century we know what they looked like. Problem is people want to rewrite history and thats fine i guess. It doesnt change the truth but if it makes you feel better for jesus to be brown enjoy. In thr end it really doesn't matter as i showed earlier every culture tends to make him look like them.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Haha...I stepped into that dookie didn't I?

Seriously, though, obviously the Roman guards authorities were clueless and needed Judas to point him out. One can only assume that any and all given description was not good enough to nail him to a cross.

If you saw a roman and a jew you would have a hard time telling the difference if you didn't know what to look for.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Anyway I still believe that the Roman empire created christ and propagated christianity in order to crush the Pagan hordes by religious ideology
they couldnt beat them in a fight so had to op for Psyops and the long game !

was the only way the Roman empire could conquer an already established pagan pantheon and long traditional pagan belief system which spanned the whole of europe !

Why do you think they then usurped all the temples and built churches and temples to god on them instead of the old gods!

That is what I believe so christianity is a fiction invented to destroy pantheistic cultures who couldnt be beaten by brute force but could be won ore controlled one person at a time by giving them a more personal connection with a god !

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I thought it was the bloody big HOOK Nose lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join