It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Thousand Oaks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Assassin82

The problem cant be solved through legislation we have s cultural problem

I agree whole heartedly. There are a lot of factors playing into it. That’s why it needs to be solved at the individual and community level. It’s on us as a society, nobody else is going to do anything about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Is that ehat you spend your time doing going around the internet putting effort into making other people you dont really know feel bad about themselves or making fun of people?

You would consider someone who doesnt live the way you think they should a loser because of their choices but I would consider you a loser because of your attitude

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Sounds like something that addresses the actual issue. I have my doubts but best of luck!

link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

News on the radio on the way into work was mentioning something about a 29 year old shooter who drove "his mom's car" to the scene...

Still looking up info, but if the shooter drove his moms car to the scene I would wager this individual may have been a basement dwelling loser prescribed some kind of anti-psychotic or anti-depressant meds... Just a guess...

Hey, now. I'm a dark haired guy, with a long beard, on anti-depressants. I've never hurt anybody. I've never even had the desire to shoot a gun. I do not live in my mom's basement though.

link   

I agree. The predominant American culture is greed and narcissism

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Is that ehat you spend your time doing going around the internet putting effort into making other people you dont really know feel bad about themselves or making fun of people?

OK. You got me.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So we as a PEOPLE have to be the solution to the problem. I’ve mentioned on here before what I’m trying to do to help out society. What are YOU, as an individual, doing to help?

I have no plans, and don't foresee a future plan, to use a firearm against persons anywhere in cold blood.

Society could up the penalties for using guns in crimes but it isn't a cure all. Some of these shooters plan on dying anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That’s a statement I can’t disagree with. It’s embedded in the fabric of our society. I’m guilty of it, and I can’t even tell you all the times I’m being greedy and narcissistic. It’s as natural as breathing.

But I do try to be aware of it as much as I can and find a better place for myself.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Sounds like something that addresses the actual issue. I have my doubts but best of luck!

I do to. Scares the crap out of me. But I’ve put together a great team, the motivation is there, the knowledge is there, the funding is available; now it’s just a matter of selling it to my local community and seeing how far it will go.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: SonOfThor

News on the radio on the way into work was mentioning something about a 29 year old shooter who drove "his mom's car" to the scene...

Still looking up info, but if the shooter drove his moms car to the scene I would wager this individual may have been a basement dwelling loser prescribed some kind of anti-psychotic or anti-depressant meds... Just a guess...

Hey, now. I'm a dark haired guy, with a long beard, on anti-depressants. I've never hurt anybody. I've never even had the desire to shoot a gun. I do not live in my mom's basement though.

Anti-depressants probably have the opposite effect on someone who isn't depressed. If I were to take a pill meant for someone with ADHD, it would make me hyper instead of calming me down. I know that from experience (WHOOPSIE), so I would assume the same applies to anti-depressants.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

At the right levels neither of those are bad qualities as they are both required to be successful in the modern world.
It's when they consume every aspect of your life that it becomes a horrible scenario.
edit on 8-11-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

How do you expect to draw and keep students?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

How do you expect to draw and keep students?

Reaching out to schools, sports teams, businesses for team building/corporate retreats, social groups, urban community leaders, churches. Part of it will be a non-profit so there will be kids there on grants.

I’d like to try and find a connection with hospitals around the area and find a way to get at-risk mental health patients involved and in a way that’s covered by their insurance or some form of subsidized funding.

The biggest thing is to get connected to places that have a continual flow of potential customers who can really use what we’re going to offer and create a relationship that keeps them coming our way. But not with a focus of profit, instead to get those who would actually benefit from it into the programs. Schools, hospitals, etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We're on track to break our record!

This just in:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

I'll post this excerpt in the next mass shooting thread. I'm thinking Christmas or new years eve

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Cool story - I know a lot of people on anti-depressants that wouldn't hurt a fly. Just putting my speculation in the mix, because it is a fact that many of these medications have listed side effects of homicidal ideation or suicidal thoughts.

It is one small variable that is often part of many of these mass shootings or mass murders.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Almost fifty years since MK ultra. Imagine what could've been...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So what is it that makes people in the US want to kill others?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Meh, who cares. Guns are America. We worship them over all, its like the fashionable new golden idol. There is nothing in this universe more important to Americans than guns, and there is no amount of deaths that justify taking guns away. If the yearly death toll was 300 million American deaths from guns, it wouldn't be enough.

The best thing for us now is just to ignore gun violence and treat it as a normal part of everyday life. If you don't want to get shot, don't leave your safe room.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
RIP to the innocent victims of this tragedy.

If I could have one wish come true...JUST ONE...it would be to be able to get my hands on one of these pukes (like the perpetrator) BEFORE he is able to follow through with his evil plan!!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

What is it you're doing again?

Opening an academy based on the premise of building character and developing adversity in not just youth, but anyone of any age. A place where people can come to challenge themselves through specific areas (I don’t want to mention here so the idea isn’t stolen).

Character, adversity, self confidence. Every lesson plan and teaching moment will be focused on developing these missing/depleted aspects of American society.

I’m finishing my education at Miami University this spring. This summer we begin phase one with is the testing and development phase. Develop the lesson plans, test them out on control groups, perform SWOT analyses on it all, and move to phase II. So on, and so forth. My goal is to have everything fully operational by January 2020.

Impressive! So, now, hopefully you're obviously going to add firearms training to the curriculum.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join