It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Tent Cities Along The Mexican Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't start many threads but after this election, I see the results as removing the chains that have been holding Trump back from doing what he sees as being necessary to stopping the flood of illegal migration across our southern border.

I think he has finally come to the conclusion that the dems are going to obstruct him at every turn and he has had enough.

I predict that very soon, he will instruct the military to start construction of retention camps at key points along the border. Tent cities with concertina enclosures will start going up very soon.

I'll step back and listen.
edit on 7-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I agree it is very plausible. Temporary holding areas are built while the Feds decide what to do

At least the caravaners will have shelter and food/water I am assuming. Probably some basic medical aid too. If the military is setting things up, this is standard for them.

Of course people will complain it is a prison camp or whatever. Of course if we left them to wander the desert south of border they would be in bad shape but never mind that. If we just let them in, then what? Holding them in relative security is sound.

Flame away

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

But what about the children!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
not a prison camp they can leave ( SOUTH) anytime they want!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I agree. His hands are tied with this child separation debacle and I really can't see any other way to detain these people as a family unit until they can be processed. Truthfully, it does make some sense.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This is the only way I see to keep family units together until processing. I can see schools, administrative facilities and even immigration courts setting up in the localities.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Sounds expensive... What if they are not really family units?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Sounds expensive... What if they are not really family units?

DNA

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

More $$$ but that would work

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What children?

When majority of the so called Children are Actually adults?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yes . No More Catch and Release . He uses a Executive Order . Let the Dims Cry , He HAS the Power to do that .
edit on 7-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Of course it will be expensive. So some of them that came were looking for a free ride anyway. We don't feed, house and give free medical care to a lot of citizens, so why do the illegal immigrants deserve this care?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
I don't start many threads but after this election, I see the results as removing the chains that have been holding Trump back from doing what he sees as being necessary to stopping the flood of illegal migration across our southern border.

I think he has finally come to the conclusion that the dems are going to obstruct him at every turn and he has had enough.

I predict that very soon, he will instruct the military to start construction of retention camps at key points along the border. Tent cities with concertina enclosures will start going up very soon.

I'll step back and listen.

How is this a prediction? Trump has been saying this exact same message at his rallies. This is exactly what he has proposed and why the military was sent to the border. They are assisting with setting this all up. This is not even breaking or current news. It is history, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Even the idea of being sent to a tent city detention camp will stop illegals in their tracks.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That could make it worth the money.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

It hasn't been done, has It? Trump has had enough. H's going to do it.

Edit: mods can move if they see fit.

Again: It's either a border wall or tent cities, maybe even both at this point. Hide and watch.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
God, why does this sound so familiar?! It's like I've read about it before: people seen as lesser and not belonging, kept in camps behind barbed wire?

But where... where have I read that?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
God, why does this sound so familiar?! It's like I've read about it before: people seen as lesser and not belonging, kept in camps behind barbed wire?

But where... where have I read that?
naw

Get a life.....go 4 wheeling or fishing hiking....something

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Reality sucks, doesn't it? But utopia for all, right? Open your eyes dude. Utopia for all is a pipe dream.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
He's already stated that this (tent cities) will be the case for anyone who gets across. No more catch and release, they will be held until their asylum hearing or they are returned to their home country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join