It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun owner helps save Missouri mother of 3 during violent attack...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

At the sound of a woman's "blood-curdling screams," a Missouri gun owner sprang into action Saturday -- and now Benjamin Seadorf is reportedly being credited with helping to save the woman from a vicious attack.

Seadorf told FOX4 he was at his Kansas City home with his four children when he suddenly heard "blood-curdling screams" coming from the direction of a nearby intersection.

Seadorf grabbed his 9-millimeter handgun and headed towards the screams. When he reached the source, he encountered Alarick Williams allegedly attacking a woman, who had some of her clothes ripped off, inside a car. The fight was occurring in front of the couple's three children, who were also in the vehicle. Benjamin Seadorf said that if he didn't intervene, he felt that "something worse" would have happened.

“I was completely in shock that he started beating on her and forcing her in the car,” Seadorf told FOX4. “As I get close to the vehicle, I noticed her top's ripped off. She has no shirt on, her bra is halfway off."

Source: Gun owner helps save Missouri mother of 3 during violent attack after hearing 'blood-curdling screams'

Thank goodness this civilian bystander both had the courage and the ability to react to this attack immediately. This (as the police later stated) most definitely saved this woman's life. All done by having the ability to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights, and safely stopping the attack with ZERO casualties.

I for one commend this man and hope this event is used as a model for how a successful intercept of an attack is done with a firearm. All law abiding citizens that do carry should see this as how to do it right. Only "gun nuts" are waiting for a time to shoot someone, real armed citizens try to not shoot if unneeded and only as a last resort.

Well done sir...well done.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
BAN Criminals....and stuff!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If he had no gun, he wouldn't go help?

Man saves woman... Should be the title.
Good he had a weapon handy. Even better he decided to help.

Having a gun isn't a a pill that makes one courageous... It sure makes most people act invincible though.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
BAN Criminals....and stuff!!!!!!!!

Unmmm... Do you have any valid opinions to contribute to the thread or just a one-line snarky irrelevant comment?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Having a gun isn't a a pill that makes one courageous... It sure makes most people act invincible though.

And, if the attacker was also armed and he approach to stop him he would in all likelihood be dead. The fact he had the ability to counter that possibility seems to have made a difference since the man immediately complied with his order to exit the vehicle and lay on the ground.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Just a one line snarky comment....why?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Just a one line snarky comment....why?

I see. So, nothing you wish to add to the conversation?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not really...no. Thousands of these incidents happen every day. Sort of like car crashes and tweets.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If 2nd amendment was fully enforced i feel that both the attacker and the victim would have had guns of their own.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Today Sir, you win my own internet award, I only hope others also agree with you
edit on 7-11-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
If 2nd amendment was fully enforced i feel that both the attacker and the victim would have had guns of their own.

With the manner in which this attacker acted, I doubt he cares about legalities. And, there is no "enforcement" of a right, derp. You, as an individual makes a decision to exercise it or not. See, that is the beauty of the Constitution that many misunderstand. It does not grant ANYTHING, it protects our birth given rights from government suppression.

So, knowing that, your comment makes no sense whatever, now does it?

edit on 11/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ummm is this an anti man thread? "Males no sense"? I have sense!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ummm is this an anti man thread? "Males no sense"? I have sense!

Spelling fixed, thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry man....im just in that mood today....nothing personal. Beadick mood. Lol

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If he had no gun maybe he would be dead along with the woman and children.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would love to comment, but I would hate to find myself over-moderated by the OP.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
I would love to comment, but I would hate to find myself over-moderated by the OP.

Too bad, I'd love to hear your opinion. As long as it is more than a one-liner that takes some effort and has an actual point that is relevant to the topic of the thread.

Please, let's hear it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
These events never make the MSM, only local.
Could've been dead woman and kids had he not intervened.
Glad for her sake he was able and willing to take action.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Too bad, I'd love to hear your opinion. As long as it is more than a one-liner that takes some effort and has an actual point that is relevant to the topic of the thread.

Please, let's hear it.

Sure, right after you resign from your self-appointed position as Thread Cop.

Seriously, it's a major turn-off, and it's no more on-topic than anything I've posted.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Please, let's hear it.

Sure, right after you resign from your self-appointed position as Thread Cop.

Seriously, it's a major turn-off, and it's no more on-topic than anything I've posted.

Please, describe to me how I have, in your words have been a , "Thread Cop". This is a dialog, and if folks do not like having a difference of opinion and being debated, then perhaps they should find another outlet?

Please, state your opinion on the topic....so far all you've done is whine and moan and make accusations. How is that productive to the thread? As an admin, you should know the difference IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join