It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid construction RAMPED up again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The hypothesis that ramps were used to build the pyramids has appeared again.

RAMP DISCOVERY
DA ILY MAIL VERSION

There was a 'ramp' discovered in the Hatnub quarry by members of the 'French Institute for Oriental Archaeology in Cairo and the University of Liverpool.'

Theories about a ramp are not new. Many have tried to explain how impractical a ramp would be. The incline would have to be no greater than 20 percent at any height, meaning the ramp would exponentially have to extend deep into the landscape as they built upwards.

Most of you are probably familiar with this theory to begin with.

Apparently, the newly discovered ramp shows evidence of steps and post holes. This gives the researchers reason to believe that pulleys could be added to the ramp, and more people could be present to exert more force. If true, it could allow the incline to be greater than 20 percent.

It was flanked by two staircases lined with postholes, to which ropes were tied to drag the huge stone blocks. Workers walked up the staircases on either side of the block, pulling the rope as they went, a system that alleviated some of the burden for the huge load. The large wooden posts, which measured up to one-and-a-half feet (0.5 metres) thick, were key to the system, researchers said. They allowed teams of workers to pull from below while others hauled the block from above. It meant the ramp was inclined at double the angle that would have been considered possible, given the weight of the stones that workers were lifting. 'The arrangement allows people to be spaced up and down the ramp, and all the force to be exerted in the same direction,' Dr Roland Enmarch, of the University of Liverpool, told the Times.

Most articles don't make the ultimate claim that this WAS how they were built. The headlines clearly do.

I checked some of the names attached to the research team to see if they were close to Zahi Hawass or his circle. I didn't find anything.

Here is a great site dedicated to refuting the claims of a ramp:
RAMP SYSTEM REFUTED

edit on 7-11-2018 by LedermanStudio because: add link

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Where is the pyramid this ramp was allegedly used to build?

I believe this same pic was posted in a thread a couple days ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The ramp rubble was used to backfill the quarry.

edit on 11/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

They never claim that the ramp in question was used on a pyramid.
They only proposed that this ramp's unique features give them reason to believe it was possible.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A slope in the desert leading to a quarry.

It all makes sense now!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Looks like steps on the side of a cobblestone road

Many thousands of them across the world, none of them where used to build pyramids or drag large blocks, they were used because of the steep gradient, the post holes could just be fencing posts

edit on 7-11-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Ikr

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

originally posted by: KKLOCO

They never claim that the ramp in question was used on a pyramid.
They only proposed that this ramp's unique features give them reason to believe it was possible.

Gotcha.

In reference to the image you provided — how could the workers at the top of the pulley system gain any footing for leverage? They would just slip down the stairs. There is no way that would work with the way the diagram is drawn.
edit on 7-11-2018 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm just amazed by ' the 'French Institute for Oriental Archaeology in Cairo and the University of Liverpool.'

Way too much going on there!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

As long as the ramps are on the inside of the pyramid then it works.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

existing thread

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

If they believe this ramp could be similar to one used to build the pyramid, would it lend credence to the Jean-Pierre Houdin theory that says that the Grand Gallery was actually used as a ramp to bring the heavy granite blocks for building the ceiling and relieving chambers of the pyramid?

I mean, the Grand Gallery has notches/"post holes" in it, and it's a ramp. It may not be stepped, but like Houdin's theory proposes, maybe it wasn't used to bring things up, but to slide something up and down (a counterweight).

Go to 20:20 in the first video for the start of the theory about the Grand Gallery.

Yes, I know, some of Houdin's thoughts have evidence against them, but I haven't seen much that convinces me that his Grand-Gallery theory can't be plausible.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
www.abovetopsecret.com...

existing thread

rats. I searched first and didn't see it

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

top topics

join